Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) Production Budget: $170 million
Perfect. Fox not throwing money at this a la X3 means the franchise has a larger chance of thriving.

Yeah, 150 million is more than enough. There's apparently a long post-production schedule for this film, so the effects might be more conversative than they were on Apocalypse.

That was always the big issue with X-Men films. Very little time in post to polish the effects and make the editing better. They have so much more time for this which makes me happier and a tighter budget is good too because it means they need to focus on certain things to compensate for less money. While most are pessimistic about this I'm feeling quite optimistic and also the fact that mostly so far the filming has been the young crew and very little of Michael and Jennifer is also quite exciting.

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) Production Budget: $170 million

The actual budget for Guardians was $232M, with tax credits bringing the total net cost under $200M.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/...-was-over-budget-at-232-million/#143c937437c2

While a budget trim to $150M makes sense given the disappointing BO for Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix isn't a great story option when you're penny pinching. FOX also has to fit in pricey new deals for JLaw, Cassie and McAvoy, so here's hoping the budget is being under reported.

James, Jen, Michael and Jessica could have backloaded deals like Hugh and Ryan have. Interesting budget though. Could lead to a more focused film, which is what we all want in the end.

That budget would be almost five times what Maze Runner got at Fox, and that film had fantastic special effects. I really do think the longer post means that Kinberg and producers weren't happy with Apocalypse's video game aesthetic, and are pursuing for something else this time.

I find a lower budget a little bit scary to be honest. Movies like Rogue One, Avatar, Age of Ultron, etc., etc. have a budget of around 250.000.000. I hope we will not get a big CGI mess. Sometimes I feel like that bad cgi in trailers are one of the reasons for box-office fatigue. Audiences seem to be sensitive in this regard. "X-Men: Apocalypse" looked so ugly and I do not want the same mistakes again...The end scene of Fantastic Four and the last act of X-Men Apocalypse comes to my mind and I can only hope that Kinberg is not repeating this ugly CGI mess in Dark Phoenix. This is my biggest fear for a "new director" like Kinberg who probably is not particular creative when it comes to the creation of new imageries.

I also cannot imagine that Kinberg is able to write and direct good drama scenes and suddenly comes up with a complex script.

Spectacle is the only thing I expect from this movie...

Last edited:
oh man, I really need some news ASAP. I would love to see some blurry paparazzi shots of ANYTHING.

We never know the real budget. In march, president of mel's studio said the budget of X-Men supernova was 200 millions. Maybe is after tax credit, who know.

I'm glad they're keeping this movie under wraps, no hopes set high, no disappointment lul

xmenc.jpg

I cannot wait to see the first pics of Magneto in his space-pajamas! lol

So Halston is in the movie after all.

Link please?

I wouldnt like to put him in trouble giving this more attention, but...

Nicholas stunt double posted a instagram story/video from the hair room, with cast photos in the background and Halston is there.
Id suggest u guys to not post this on twitter or openly on the boards, since maybe someone at Fox sees it and the guy could get a call

I wouldnt like to put him in trouble giving this more attention, but...

Nicholas stunt double posted a instagram story/video from the hair room, with cast photos in the background and Halston is there.
Id suggest u guys to not post this on twitter or openly on the boards, since maybe someone at Fox sees it and the guy could get a call

There's also headshots of a lot of the cast behind him I can't really make out the faces though besides Chastain.

There's also headshots of a lot of the cast behind him I can't really make out the faces though besides Chastain.

There are pics of Jessica, Sophie, Tye, Jennifer, Halston, two blonde women next to Jessica, two males on top, one is similar to Brad pitt, and a few women with curly hair, no idea who they are. And on his First vídeo we can see some male and female wigs, one of them looking like Jeans double wig

There are pics of Jessica, Sophie, Tye, Jennifer, Halston, two blonde women next to Jessica, two males on top, one is similar to Brad pitt, and a few women with curly hair, no idea who they are. And on his First vídeo we can see some male and female wigs, one of them looking like Jeans double wig

I would love to see these wigs. I hope leaving Singer behind will improve at least the wig game of these characters. ;)

Its the same guy as Dofp and Xma so unlikely lol

my favorite bad X-Men wigs: Bad Hair Day:

MTS_Oceanangel2you-128973-xmen-studio-004.jpg

016749f7c9a4df5b8d64bd479cb755fa--famke-janssen-jean-grey.jpg

da3d9d439a2a33f78cd8a967d0ca9ad8.jpg
#

x-men-2-bluray-hugh-jackman-as-wolverine-27500549-1280-543.jpg

latest

did I miss something? lol:woot:

my favorite is probably Mystique's deformed head in X-Men:Apocalypse because Lawrence seemed to have refused to cut her natural hair short under her wig. I couldn't find an image:

x-men-days-of-future-past-34.jpg

Last edited:
actually, that was Famke's real hair. it looked fine to me. just short and different than her iconic look

I love Jean's X2 hair.

I ironically love Storm's X1 bangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"