Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I care about Moira more than Raven, Erik and Peter .. will Rose Byrne be back? xD

Chastain could be Cassandra Nova, Deathbird, Emma Frost, Selene? or she is simply Lilandra or a gender bent D'Kenn o_O

Keep in mind Jolie was sought out for a role as well, not sure if it was for the same role but it seems to be a lead (villain?) role, since no other major stars were cast since Chastain, so I'm assuming it was for the same role.

Which character would fit Jolie as well? I'm thinking Selene or Deathbird, even Nova. I can't see her as Emma Frost..

I doubt the FC trio signed a 3-picture deal. I can't see JLaw doing it, at the very least.

Money talks. But even if she didn't, shes still returning for a 4th film. There's also Fassbender. He seems to be Fox's go to guy. Though Alien Covenant, Apocalypse and Assassin's Creed didn't do so well at the box office.

Nah go older for Cassandra and get someone like Streep.

Jolie would be an amazing Selene though. Love that idea!

Would you guys be mad if they made Phoenix Force a parasitic mutant and she just wants a host body like Jean's.. like Cassandra Nova/Phoenix hybrid lmaoooo

But McAvoy is young so she'll have to be around his age, Glenn Close would be a perfect older Cassandra Nova.. her jawline and facial features are rough/masculine like Quitely's art.

Maybe Jessica is playing some new version of Jean's mother.

Why would Jean's mom make Xavier cry?

I find it funny that Jessica is even responding online through her social media accounts.

Chastain could be Cassandra Nova, Deathbird, Emma Frost, Selene? or she is simply Lilandra or a gender bent D'Kenn o_O

I think these are our options. And I agree, Selene and Deathbird are the front runners.

Am I the only one that still thinks she's Lilandra? Lol

Did Chastain know the ramifications her comment would have on fans? lol

Have people considered that maybe she's just being literal?

Someone said "Jessica Chastain is Dark Phoenix", etc.

I mean, she's Jessica Chastain, not actually Dark Phoenix.

I would love if she was Cassandra Nova, maybe that's what she meant when Chastain said she will make McAvoy cry xD

She has been Xavier's biggest threat, imo.

But McAvoy is young so she'll have to be around his age, Glenn Close would be a perfect older Cassandra Nova.. her jawline and facial features are rough/masculine like Quitely's art.
McAvoy is young, but he's playing a 60 something Xavier at this point

edit:
although there does seem to be scenes involving a young Jean, so their maybe some scenes of McAvoy playing a 40's something Xavier (when he first recruited Jean)

Last edited:
McAvoy is young, but he's playing a 60 something Xavier at this point

Stewart apparently visited the set a while back and Daniel Cudmore filmed something too..

The OT cast is a good way to get people to watch this movie imo.. DoFP was a good indication of this.

The OT cast is a good way to get people to watch this movie imo.. DoFP was a good indication of this.
I agree and the domestic box office decline of the franchise is proof of their appeal, but a lot of posters here are against ever seeing them again.

Stewart visited the set of Apocalypse too, iirc

It doesn't mean anything

I agree and the domestic box office decline of the franchise is proof of their appeal, but a lot of posters here are against ever seeing them again.

I remember when people said we'd never see the OT cast again before DoFP came out xD

The only good thing I can think of about X3 is the music when Jean vs Xavier.. I wouldn't mind them using the track Dark Phoenix Tragedy again xD like how they used the X2 suite for DoFP then Apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"