Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
X-Men would steal the show from the Avengers! IMO, The X-Men are more interesting especially as a team.

I agree Marvel is wearing out the superhero genre. Some longtime CBM fans I've met are now purposefully avoiding anything Marvel and even X-Men in theaters, so I don't think housing everything under one studio would help. Fox and Marvel should collaborate more, yet Fox should still take their creative liberties/interpretations to their fullest potential. Definitely more diverse casting choices, more faithful character development, and more creative, meaningful writing -- yes, action sequences and power displays should be meaningfully scripted most of the time. Take X2's Nightcrawler attacking the president while drugged and setting everything into motion, Rogue neutralizing Pyro while Storm and Jean taking out the jets that followed thereafter, and Jean unleashing Phoenix Force in an act of self-defense, triggering the falling apart of the damn. Sometimes their powers and choices move the plot forward.

Just keep the X-Men in another reality. MCU is Earth One. Marvel's X-Men are in Earth Duex.

it would be wise to keep the two franchises separate before mashing up

You genuinely think if Disney got a hold of the X-Verse they wouldn't be chomping at the bit to adapt AvX? That is like guaranteed money in the bank.

I genuinely think that it's not wise to rush into anything

People want to see X-Men interact with the Avengers especially that happened in the comics even before these movies came out. It will come a reality once MS gets the film rights.

Though hopefully they save the Avengers in actual crossover. I don't want any of the Avengers costarring in an X-Men film.
Agreed

X-Men would steal the show from the Avengers! IMO, The X-Men are more interesting especially as a team.

Not really an apples to apples comparison, but I think they would certainly benefit each other greatly moving forward. The obvious creative result would be the need to emphasize the contrast between the two within the MCU. This is why the claim on this board that the MCU would de-emphasize core tenets of the X-Men is just silly.

Oh, and Secret Wars anyone? The 80's version of course. Though I'd settle for and eventual AvX as well. :)

Last edited:
I genuinely think that it's not wise to rush into anything

If Marvel were to get the rights, they would not upend long term plans for short term gains. This isn't their first rodeo. The mutants would be worked into the MCU in a measured, organic fashion.

Wish we'd seen more great action scenes like Nightcrawler in the White House. I mean he outright missed some punches so the choreography could have been improved but it was an amazing and very well thought out scene which started that film with a real bang.

I agree Marvel is wearing out the superhero genre. Some longtime CBM fans I've met are now purposefully avoiding anything Marvel and even X-Men in theaters, so I don't think housing everything under one studio would help.
Hmm, if Fox is under Disney's wing. I doubt you would be getting 8 marvel films per year like we are getting next year. Not counting Sony verse, MCU could release 3 to 4 Marvel film per year while Fox wouldn't release any X-Men related since Marvel would probably absorb their Marvel properties. So that would lower the amount of Marvel films annually. While if only Marvel got the Spidey rights 100%. I doubt there would be an animated Spidey film, Venom and Black & Silver coming out in 2018/2019. If Marvel got all the rights, there's no way they could release 5 films per year, that would be too much work. So I don't really agree with what you said.

Last edited:
Not really an apples to apples comparison, but I think they would certainly benefit each other greatly moving forward. The obvious creative result would be the need to emphasize the contrast between the two within the MCU. This is why the claim on this board that the MCU would de-emphasize core tenets of the X-Men is just silly.

Oh, and Secret Wars anyone? The 80's version of course. Though I'd settle for and eventual AvX as well. :)

Secret Wars well the 2015 version, revolves around a handful of alternate universes. Like even if X-Men exist in another universe, it would just be the Mcuverse and mutant verse. If a cross over happen, something along with the likes of Avx could happen or Avengers helping the X-Men to defeat a big bad. Secret Wars isn't really a X-Men comic event.

You know what though would suck? If X-Men goes under Marvel and they get all new cast, Lupita can’t play Storm!

Secret Wars well the 2015 version, revolves around a handful of alternate universes. Like even if X-Men exist in another universe, it would just be the Mcuverse and mutant verse. If a cross over happen, something along with the likes of Avx could happen or Avengers helping the X-Men to defeat a big bad. Secret Wars isn't really a X-Men comic event.

We could have an interdimensional Illuminati with E2 Reed and Xavier communicating with E1 Stark, Banner, and T'Challa via Reed's Bridge on matters concerning their universes.

I think people overestimate what marvel would do just to chase a big pay cheque

Which is kind of odd because I haven't seen any sign of marvel jumping into doing something just because they know they knew they would break bank with it.

If so they probably would have driven the series into the ground by now.

I tell you now Kevin fiege wouldn't use X-Men unless he knew how they could or when it was a good time too.

Last edited:
We could have an interdimensional Illuminati with E2 Reed and Xavier communicating with E1 Stark, Banner, and T'Challa via Reed's Bridge on matters concerning their universes.

Fantastic Four doesn't need to be in E2. E1 needs something new for their phase four - SilverSurfer and Fantastic Four.

Let the X-Men become the only superheroes in E1.

You know what though would suck? If X-Men goes under Marvel and they get all new cast, Lupita can’t play Storm!

She's not even tall and she's already portraying someone in the MCU.

If Marvel were to get the rights, they would not upend long term plans for short term gains. This isn't their first rodeo. The mutants would be worked into the MCU in a measured, organic fashion.

It can't possibly be worse than Apocalypse and the impending mess that is the Dark Phoenix.

That was my point I said Lupita can’t play Storm because she’s already in Black Panther. I don’t see how Lupita’s height is an issue. Halle is short.

The point is if they are starting from scratch, might as well find the actors the look really the part. Just because Halle and Hugh are iconic in the their respective X-Men roles unlike the First Class actors, it doesn't mean that its fine to cast another tall actor for Wolverine and a 5'6 actress for Storm.

Mcu Spider-Man wasn't played by an actor that looked as old as Tobey and Andrew. As for Lupita, it doesn't suck that she's not gonna play Storm and that's already given why she wouldn't get to play Storm. There are plenty of actresses in Hollywood.

And Hugh is tall lol.

Edit: too late :O

Well I love the original cast and they are forever iconic and I also liked the Tobey as Spider-Man but a lot of them don't really look the part and missing something like in height. Rogue and Storm should be as tall as Jean Grey. While Wolverine isn't a hot tall guy.

Though in fairness to Fox, Ellen Page, Kelsey Grammer, Olivia Munn, Patrick Stewart, Svetlana, Ian McKellen, Daniel Cudmore and Omar Sy look the part for their respective X-Men roles. Marsden too though I wish he was a lot taller. I think Emma Domunt and Lucas Till seem okay casting though I wish Havok was more bulky.

My only concern is Marvel would make X-MEN job to the Avengers

I love Hickman but have never read his version. Remember this is the MCU, not the 616/Ultimate, it won't be a literal adaptation anyway.

I just want to see the kooky Beyonder,

My only concern is Marvel would make X-MEN job to the Avengers

I don't know. In all these vs things we've seen so far from various studios they like to make both sides seem equal (which of course is still bad for the one that is supposed to be more powerful) or at least not lose definitively.

X-Men would be the underdogs/the hatred team which is fine to me, they are always better when their backs are up against the wall.

Well I love the original cast and they are forever iconic and I also liked the Tobey as Spider-Man but a lot of them don't really look the part and missing something like in height. Rogue and Storm should be as tall as Jean Grey. While Wolverine isn't a hot tall guy.

Though in fairness to Fox, Ellen Page, Kelsey Grammer, Olivia Munn, Patrick Stewart, Svetlana, Ian McKellen, Daniel Cudmore and Omar Sy look the part for their respective X-Men roles. Marsden too though I wish he was a lot taller. I think Emma Domunt and Lucas Till seem okay casting though I wish Havok was more bulky.

Yes there were some good likenesses there for many characters. When it comes to height it doesn't really bother me. Wolverine is a bit of an exception though as he is specifically known for that trait, and I don't mind if they go with someone say 5'9 or so rather than 5'3, going outright tall is a bit silly. All that said, Hugh was of course great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"