Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
once again... where does she exactly talk about her role in Dark Phoenix?
in the two new interviews she doesnt talk about Storm role. that other link is from Apocalypse

Famke needs to get over it. Lol. She wasn't the only one recast, male or female. And she had overall more screen time than the original Cyclops, Beast, Mystique and Storm if you include cameos.

Not even going to touch that quote from Famke. As for Dark Phoenix, I do think there will be more references to stuff from the comics than we have seen before. Though a certain "amazing" Spider-Man would like to have a word about how comic book references don't always make a better movie. The funny thing is, with how low the expectations are, I think Simon might actually be able to completely blow everyone away by making a movie that is at least watchable. :p

Last edited:

1cbbad8f75a904db33900029d74816eb.320x240x4.gif

Honest tired of seeing her as Wolverine's gf

God, I hate so much about First Class. Basically anything that isn't Magneto or Xavier in that movie just flopped for me.

Famke did get shafted. She could have been in the best X-story every told, but they turned her legacy into being Wolverine's love interest and the cause of his man-pain. X3 being about Wolverine instead of Jean definitely had to do with gender and who Fox thinks is safe to market.
While Shipp's comments don't necessarily mean anything in terms of quality, it sounds like Storm is potentially getting a character arc and some development this time around. She used the word "journey", which is actorspeak for "character arc".

I do think it's fairly likely that this will be the most comic book accurate and "fanboy" X-Men movie yet.
The journey stuff was about Apocalypse lol and we know how her "character arc" turned out there. Shipp did a lot to get me hyped for Apocalypse, which was another reason I was so shocked by how little she had to do.

She hasn't been shafted at all, she has been in 3 X-Men movies, a Wolverine movie and had a cameo in DOFP.

Her movie career probably isn't as good as when she was younger but i think thats just the way hollywood is.

he's clearly talking about her X3 role and yes, everyone knows she got shafted, when it should have been her movie, with Jean front and center.

Also, I hate Jean's role in The Wolverine. Compare Jean in The Wolverine to Xavier in Logan.

Also, I hate Jean's role in The Wolverine. Compare Jean in The Wolverine to Xavier in Logan.
She really got a bad deal in X3, which I agree should have been her movie. But with The Wolverine, they really gave her about all they could as far as story and screentime goes. I mean A) her character is dead at that point in time, B) it is a standalone movie and C) the movie is mainly about Japan and the characters there.

The big joke of the whole Logan-Jean thing is that Logan only spent time with Jean/XMen for a few months, and he never had a relationship with Jean, not romantic neither sexual. Yet... she is the love of his life. Wtf Lol

Its not believeable.

God, I hate so much about First Class. Basically anything that isn't Magneto or Xavier in that movie just flopped for me.

Famke did get shafted. She could have been in the best X-story every told, but they turned her legacy into being Wolverine's love interest and the cause of his man-pain. X3 being about Wolverine instead of Jean definitely had to do with gender and who Fox thinks is safe to market.

Sexism and ageism are just Hollywood myths for people here. Same way the lack of minorities or whitewashing in Hollywood are just a coincidence and SJW bs.

I feel like instead of Skrulls we should get the Brood if they want another alien villan race.

The big joke of the whole Logan-Jean thing is that Logan only spent time with Jean/XMen for a few months, and he never had a relationship with Jean, not romantic neither sexual. Yet... she is the love of his life. Wtf Lol

Its not believeable.

You don't believe in love at first sight? Lol

She really got a bad deal in X3, which I agree should have been her movie. But with The Wolverine, they really gave her about all they could as far as story and screentime goes. I mean A) her character is dead at that point in time, B) it is a standalone movie and C) the movie is mainly about Japan and the characters there.

This

Died in a sexist way and reduced to Wolverine's fantasies of pain or salvation.

I feel like instead of Skrulls we should get the Brood if they want another alien villan race.

No thanks. The Brood are a shameless rip-off of the xenomorphs from the Alien movies.

Yeah Weather Witch didn't say anything wrong.

That's just splitting hairs. The video accurately portrays these three movies in that regard, how is that?

I know what you were saying, but given that many of us feel some characters haven't had the treatment they deserve, I thought 'fair' was not the right word.

How they've treated Storm, for instance, is anything but 'fair', if you see what I mean...

Amazing how Peter becomes a main character when he was just a substitute for Juggernaut and brought in for a cool FX sequence.

Pietro' story is directly connected to Eric. No surprise he's more important than many other characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"