Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
said same thing about deal with sony and remember what happened

also this
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...ls-21st-century-fox-stake-in-blow-to-murdochs

regardless dark phoenix is going to be swan sony of first class/apocalypse casts.then comes reboot in mcu

You're comparing apples and oranges there buddy. Besides, if this deal gives Disney even the possibility of a monopoly, the government will block it. It's happened here in Canada with the banks.

Monopoly? Lol you do know that Universal, WB, Paramount and Sony are still around if a buy out happens and those companies also have a sister TV division. And who knows Fox could just be a smaller studio after this, since it would be another branch of their entertainment business. Like look at New Line, I don't think they have released as much as many films in the past since WB acquired the company.

It's kind of surreal we're on page 5 of news with little to no news. Ha!

It's out next November, that's why there's nothing and it will be another 4-5 months before anything big happens.

I feel like if Disney buy Fox, then Singer won't be part of future X-Men movies.

I think FOX should be looking at making this series more like Deadpool, Logan and The New Mutants, where entries are unique but still following same continuity (as best they can because nothing is perfect).

I've yet to see anything from this movie, but it still feels oh so familiar. Not in a good way.

Well deals like Fox/Disney don't happen out of thin air. This could explain why they didn't hire a real director for Dark Phoenix.

Last edited:
Hello, long time that I don't post here.

I believe that if Disney really buy Fox part where they get the x-men rights back they might keep the current x-men universe but they'll want to change a lot of things. I wouldn't be surprise if they delay X-Men Dark Phoenix release to be able to make several changes.

I'm worried that if the deal happens today, this month, they might even interfere with The New Mutants and Deadpool 2. Even Ryan is worried.

I believe that if Disney really buy Fox part where they get the x-men rights back they might keep the current x-men universe but they'll want to change a lot of things. I wouldn't be surprise if they delay X-Men Dark Phoenix release to be able to make several changes.

I'm worried that if the deal happens today, this month, they might even interfere with The New Mutants and Deadpool 2. Even Ryan is worried.

Since its been said no talk is currently going on i wouldn't worry about that.

As for Disney making changes well thats there money i suppose, will definitely put the budget up that fox already threw money into.

Last edited:

Your likely wrong.if deal/sale happens x-men cinematic universe is over and they will be rebooted into mcu.

now we have rest of this season of the gifted.season 2 of legion premieres in march.as well as new mutants,deadpool 2,and dark phoenix in 2018.second season of the gifted could happen.gambit still has chance of being made with filming in early 2018 for february 2019 release biut if sale happens that will be end of it.

i am very split here.i don't want end of x-men cinematic universe and this would also be bad for any film or tv produced at fox but at same time i don't feel sorry for murdocks who own fox news.

i am done arguring with anit-x-men cinematic universe but i am convinced it's bad news all around if it happens.

Since its been said no talk is currently going on i wouldn't worry about that.

As for Disney making changes well thats there money i suppose, will definitely put the budget up that fox already threw money into.

I love the X-Men Fox Universe. They received a soft reboot with X-Men First Class and now they are entering a new generation with young Jean, Cyclops and Storm. I'd hate for they to just throw that away.

I know X-Men Apocalypse had it's flaws and got many people upset cause of how bad was the actor playing Apocalypse. But the movie got a lot of things right.

I feel like in X-Men Apocalypse they got Cyclops right, finally doing some stuff in the movies, Jean was done right, Storm, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, a lot of the mutants were done right.

So why throw all that away?

I really don't want Disney throwing away the X-Men Dark Phoenix movie.

Your likely wrong.if deal/sale happens x-men cinematic universe is over and they will be rebooted into mcu.

now we have rest of this season of the gifted.season 2 of legion premieres in march.as well as new mutants,deadpool 2,and dark phoenix in 2018.second season of the gifted could happen.gambit still has chance of being made with filming in early 2018 for february 2019 release biut if sale happens that will be end of it.

i am very split here.i don't want end of x-men cinematic universe and this would also be bad for any film or tv produced at fox but at same time i don't feel sorry for murdocks who own fox news.

i am done arguring with anit-x-men cinematic universe but i am convinced it's bad news all around if it happens.
I beg your pardon but they'd be crazy to throw away the new X-Men universe. Young Cyclops and Jean were great in X-Men Apocalypse.

Sure, I know the character Apocalypse was terrible in the movie. It didn't look or sounded like Apocalypse at all but the movie got other things right. In the Theater that I watched the crowed went crazy watching some awesome scenes like the Astral Plane scene with Phoenix, Xavier and Apocalypse, the Quicksilver scene, among many others. To throw that away would be stupid.

As for Fantastic Four, Fox simply can't do it. I liked the first 2 Fantastic Four movies with Jessica Alba and Chris Evans, but I'm sure Disney can do a better job than Fox with the Fantastic Four.

Even if Disney buys Fox, they should keep the X-Men universe as it is instead of reboot for the third time.

I beg your pardon but they'd be crazy to throw away the new X-Men universe. Young Cyclops and Jean were great in X-Men Apocalypse.

Sure, I know the character Apocalypse was terrible in the movie. It didn't look or sounded like Apocalypse at all but the movie got other things right. In the Theater that I watched the crowed went crazy watching some awesome scenes like the Astral Plane scene with Phoenix, Xavier and Apocalypse, the Quicksilver scene, among many others. To throw that away would be stupid.

As for Fantastic Four, Fox simply can't do it. I liked the first 2 Fantastic Four movies with Jessica Alba and Chris Evans, but I'm sure Disney can do a better job than Fox with the Fantastic Four.

Even if Disney buys Fox, they should keep the X-Men universe as it is instead of reboot for the third time.

if it happens disney won't keep x-men as seperate universe.they didn't with amaing spider-man.hollywood is reboot crazy.dofp was actully the sof reboot with time travel of x-men.well known i am sick and tired of reboots.

i am probally biggest apocalypse fan on this board through i though it was weakest of singer's films in series as director but great setup for future.

apocalypse was one of most comic books films in series with elements from both 616 and ultimate universes.main plot influenced by both fall of mutants and the twelve.and major influence from X-Men evolution.

dark phoenix is going to be realsed.question is what happens after that.also still rumor is dark phoenix may be two part film with addational filming happening next year so if rumor true second part could be affected.

if it happens disney won't keep x-men as seperate universe.they didn't with amaing spider-man.hollywood is reboot crazy.dofp was actully the sof reboot with time travel of x-men.well known i am sick and tired of reboots.

i am probally biggest apocalypse fan on this board through i though it was weakest of singer's films in series as director but great setup for future.

apocalypse was one of most comic books films in series with elements from both 616 and ultimate universes.main plot influenced by both fall of mutants and the twelve.and major influence from X-Men evolution.

dark phoenix is going to be realsed.question is what happens after that.also still rumor is dark phoenix may be two part film with addational filming happening next year so if rumor true second part could be affected.
I really loved X-Men Apocalypse. Imo it got some unnecessary hate. The cast were great and it might have been the x-men movie that had more visual effects and mutant power display than any other x-men movie.
They finally got Psylocke right. And the power display of the other characters were amazing, like Cyclops, Beast, Jean, Angel, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Magneto, Storm, among many others.

I feel like they just got Apocalypse wrong. He is not like that at all in the comics. Not at all. The soft voice and "all mutants are my children" part were terrible.

But overall I place X-Men Apocalypse very high in my top 10 x-men movies list.

Anyway, I don't want another reboot. I might not even watch in theater if they do that. I didn't watch the kid spider man movie they had this year.

Monopoly? Lol you do know that Universal, WB, Paramount and Sony are still around if a buy out happens and those companies also have a sister TV division. And who knows Fox could just be a smaller studio after this, since it would be another branch of their entertainment business. Like look at New Line, I don't think they have released as much as many films in the past since WB acquired the company.

Yes, and if the bank mergers happened in Canada there still would've been three other banks for people to choose from. Monopoly doesn't mean there's no alternative, it means majority of control. Look at Microsoft. They hold a tacit monopoly because they control 97% of the market. Would you say they don't have a monopoly just because Apple and Linux systems exist? If you would you'd be wrong. You've proven over and over again that you know little about half the things you post about and are just dictated by your emotions. Educate yourself.

so odds are moving more closer as i thought towards end of X-men cinematic universe

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/10/pencils-arent-down-on-disney-21st-century-fox-deal.html

Please tell us more about how you're actually a financial analyst who works at Wall Street. All this means is they appreciated the stock boost. Stop reading between the lines you're imagining on an article that's reporting about what could be. Yes, there's a chance the deal could happen, but there's a huge chance it won't. This isn't as simple as Disney allowing it's studio to help produce another film's studio (Spider-Man) since they've done that before (Shaymalan).

Last edited:
While
Yes, and if the bank mergers happened in Canada there still would've been three other banks for people to choose from. Monopoly doesn't mean there's no alternative, it means majority of control. Look at Microsoft. They hold a tacit monopoly because they control 97% of the market. Would you say they don't have a monopoly just because Apple and Linux systems exist? If you would you'd be wrong. You've proven over and over again that you know little about half the things you post about and are just dictated by your emotions. Educate yourself.
May I remind you that Fox was the ONE who approached Disney to buy them, not the other way around. Disney doesn't own half of the entertainment industry and Fox isn't a quarter of the entertainment industry. Even if a merger happens, they don't still have the majority of the entertainment industry as there are a lot more major studios out there. If they are, prove it then. Also Fox the broadcast network, the sports affiliations/Fox news aren't included in the negotiations.

You are the one that needs to educate yourself. Fox/Disney arent majority of the entertainment industry for you to tell meto educate myself. And why the f are you bringing up Microsoft here, when its not related to this. I've worked in the entertainment industry FYI.:cwink: now bring me the receipts that would cause a Fox/Disney merger a monopoly. So Fox is uneducated to not see that they would cause a monopoly then.

And please remind me of the posts that I knew so little about. Didn't you say Kinberg was heavily involved in Logan and is an impeccable producer. Lol. Between you and I, who's more uneducated about things?

Last edited:
I love the X-Men Fox Universe. They received a soft reboot with X-Men First Class and now they are entering a new generation with young Jean, Cyclops and Storm. I'd hate for they to just throw that away.

I know X-Men Apocalypse had it's flaws and got many people upset cause of how bad was the actor playing Apocalypse. But the movie got a lot of things right.

I feel like in X-Men Apocalypse they got Cyclops right, finally doing some stuff in the movies, Jean was done right, Storm, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, a lot of the mutants were done right.

So why throw all that away?

I really don't want Disney throwing away the X-Men Dark Phoenix movie.

The X-Men being stuck in the past isn't a great idea and the reliance to these younger version IMO, has dwindled the interest of the public towards X-Men films. First Class and Apocalypse Already underperformed. While I doubt Dp would suddenly ring a bell to the masses. And no Storm and Psylocke weren't done right. They are X-Men figures turned into a silent horseman. Just no.

And if a merger happens, Marvel Studios wouldn't throw a film that has been shot and currently in the editing/post prod. Though just don't expect a sequel for the film.

While
May I remind you that Fox was the ONE who approached Disney to buy them, not the other way around. Disney doesn't own half of the entertainment industry and Fox isn't a quarter of the entertainment industry. Even if a merger happens, they don't still have the majority of the entertainment industry as there are a lot more major studios out there. If they are, prove it then. Also Fox the broadcast network, the sports affiliations/Fox news aren't included in the negotiations.

You are the one that needs to educate yourself. Fox/Disney arent majority of the entertainment industry for you to tell meto educate myself. And why the f are you bringing up Microsoft here, when its not related to this. I've worked in the entertainment industry FYI.:cwink: now bring me the receipts that would cause a Fox/Disney merger a monopoly. So Fox is uneducated to not see that they would cause a monopoly then.

And please remind me of the posts that I knew so little about. Didn't you say Kinberg was heavily involved in Logan and is an impeccable producer. Lol. Between you and I, who's more uneducated about things?

:up:

evil-dead-2.gif

I'd rather take "comedy" X-Men films that are inadequately entertaining. Than Fox whatever is cooking that would just contradict their own films and waste more X-Men. Fox had their chance, its time to give it to a studio with a better track record. I just imagine how the costumes would look, the scale of the film being bigger and the X-Men being portrayed more faithfully and it wouldbe more about the heroes than villains.

And Disney suddenly wouldn't suddenly flash Fox's more adult oriented films. Most likely they'd use them to their own advantage and keep certain franchises alive. While X-Men and Fantastic Four would rebooted for a bigger Marvel cinematic universe.

Last edited:
The hard way is the best way. Taking your lumps only makes you stronger.

Get er dun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back