X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleekstereo Registered

Also, I rather have Jeff Loeb in charge of the X-Verse than Kevin. He has proven to take risks, especially with R-rated material. And what he has done with Legion and The Gifted proves he understands the X-Men.

2. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Kevin was a co producer and left Lsd for Marvel Studios. He's not obligated to carry this mess of a franchise.

And Jeff Loeb, really? Okay I'm done now .

3. def28 Registered

As long as it's good, people won't care.

People care about good entertainment. All the bias fanboy politics are useless in the end.

4. marvelrobbins Registered

they won't want want tv shows not in mcu.these shows are mainly produced by fox.donner is mos tinvolved producer after the show runners.

the gifted is closer to ot in style than mcu so of course it would end.

5. Frankeh Registered

If you mean Jackman and Stewart, then sure yes they were, but their characters have been effectively killed off.

6. sleekstereo Registered

We don't know what Feige will do, especially since he was one of the original producers of the X-Men universe. All I'm saying you can fit the X-Men into the current MCU without doing a total reboot, and if you want carry on the legacy of that franchise, you find a creative way to do it.

X-Men is still the longest-running franchise, DOFP created different timelines, it did not erase the characters or the actors portraying them. It expanded the franchise.

MCU proper will never do R-rated films, which is what Deadpool banks on. The X-Men should be its own separate thing because the universe is large enough with a connection to MCU proper.

7. sleekstereo Registered

Honestly, why we are even talking about this in a Dark Phoenix thread. Should we have a Disney/Fox thread to discuss this? lol

8. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

The X-Men can exist in their own universe without the baggage from Fox's 18 year old franchise.

9. marvelrobbins Registered

they have already done soft reboot with dofp.now that feige will control them
    they will get hard reboot.

spider-man got second reboot because of feige wanted that in deal.

actully since only 5 films matter-fc.dofp,deadpool,apocalypse soon to be folowwed by 3 more in 2018-nm,deadpool 2,dp it is really 7 by time dark phoenix is released.

amazing spider-man 2 did over 700 million ww.bigger than all x films except dofp and deadpool and hit 200 million domesticly.both first class and apocalypse fialed to do thatand it still got rebooted.x-men won't be any different.

10. def28 Registered

Won't matter. It will be brought up by someone and it will be the only thing to discuss outside of Kinberg until something gets released.

11. Weather Witch Registered

As well as Logan, X-Force, X-23 and apparently even Multiple Man.

12. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Because it could affect the series' future in a big way.

13. GuestStar2004 Registered

Darn i hate having to make good points just to spite people.

14. marvelrobbins Registered

they sure haven't been wanting to carry on legacy of spider-man.and hulk is now avengers supporting character since disney won't produce a film that universal would distribute.

since with apocalypse they have effectly erased both ian mckellen and rebecca romijn's versions of magneto and mystique i disagree there.

dofp made clear if mission was usseful last 50 years wouldn't have happened and only wolverine would remember it.

i will concede if 20th century fox films and tv were to become new divison of
    disney and not absorbed into both marvel studios and walt disney pictures
    then X-men cinematic universe could continue as well as other fox properties that wouldn't fit disney but it is unclear if that would happen.and if it was the joke would be on some since kinberg has worked with lucasfilm and disney tv.

15. GuestStar2004 Registered

I think if it had its own thread it wouldn't be talked about half as much.

16. sleekstereo Registered

17. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

It's kinda more interesting than anything DP related

18. jaymes_e06 Registered

Well go make a thread dedicated to that then.

19. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Oooooor I can just continue doing what I'm doing and if you have a problem you can put me on ignore.

20. X-Maniac High Evolutionary

Well, there is no Dark Phoenix news, so we may as well talk about things in here.

And it may impact Dark Phoenix as well as any potential follow-up.

I think people are ready for change. They want the X-Men front and centre.

At the moment, three of the lead characters in this franchise are villains - Magneto, Mystique and Quicksilver (who was in Magneto's Brotherhood before he went off to join the Avengers).

And yet Storm remains an undeveloped character, Havok is dead, Angel appears to be dead, Polaris is on a TV show, Psylocke has been wasted, Emma Frost killed off, Banshee killed off, Jubilee wasted, Toad is chopping vegetables in a kitchen (lol), and God knows what else... (let's not even get started on Fantastic Four)

And we've come to the point where Dark Phoenix is being redone - which, for some mainstream fans I've spoken to, is a sure sign this franchise is running out of steam and is trapped in a rinse and repeat cycle.

Exactly what a Disney reboot would do regarding Deadpool, X Force, etc is not clear at this point.

Fox seems to be steaming ahead with projects, with the latest news on Multiple Man, Gambit, X-23 etc, which seems a little odd if there is an imminent takeover. So I wouldn't write everything off yet.

21. magneto23 Registered

Unless there are some strong FC/OT connections in Deadpool or New Mutants, then those series very well could be continued under Disney. Continuity wouldn't be holding them back at least. If both those films are received well then that will be a tough call for them. The main series has zero chance of continuing though. Dark Phoenix is it.

22. Lip Registered

I can't even explain my level of indifference towards DP now. I was highly frustrated with basically everything about this movie. After this possibility of Marvel taking over the mutants... I have a whole other lever of indifference.

BTW, if Marvel indeed takes over, I hope they reboot everything (which I believe they will). I don't want any sign of Singerverse.

23. Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

So many indifferent fans, so many posts in this forum lol.

24. GuestStar2004 Registered

Not really because thats where it gets messy.

FOX have 2 tv shows and several films planned and 3 already filmed.

So if Marvel decided that it was ok to keep new mutants and deadpool then where does that leave the shows? where does that leave logan and X23? i assume Logan and X23 won't be part of the new continuity because they are set in a future period where the X-Men are dead?

Then of course you could say oh yeah they will keep the gifted going because no one says its in the foxverse... although it says the X-Men are missing so that instantly doesn't fit with Deadpool anyway.

There is no way around it really you either let the guys continue where they are heading with these films or you just go full reboot because its no less a mess to say this is canon, this isn't, this is canon, this isn't, this isn't, got it? now lets continue.

#824 GuestStar2004, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  25. X-Maniac High Evolutionary

It would depend on when the Disney deal took place, when it would take effect and what terms were agreed.

But I imagine that whenever it took effect, all Fox projects would be halted. I cannot see Feige and the MCU being bothered about pursuing an X-23 film or a Multiple Man film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.