X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hurrikane2 Registered

As long as dark Phoenix is better apocalypse I will be a happy camper..that actually shouldn't be hard to do lol ..people tend to forget the x2 writers helped out with the apocalypse script so they too should get some of he blame for XMA shortcomings

2. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Sorry for his and his family's loss.

3. Ordet Registered

As i said in my firt post, I really like Apocalypse.

Even if it has several weak point (the tawdry too cgi intro in Egypt, disney-style comedian in McTaggart/Charles or in the speedy-scene), in my opinion is a good movie, better than all MarvelStudios ones.
    And I think it is not only better than the awful Origins:Wolverine or the average X3, but it also better than X1 and at the same level of First Class.

Said that, i believe in Singer, not in Kinberg, cause directed a movie is a totally different game.

For the Fox/Disney affair.

The only reason to wanted X-Men rights go to Disney is that you look for only for visually accurate superhero costume. Nothing else.

Disney delivers less accurate psychological traits:

We have a Spidey who has nothing of Peter, no sense of responsability, no love/hate for his role: only a little potential Tony Stark.

Thor is a comedian.

Cap has less charisma than Singer's Cylops. And for him his love to Bucky is more important than the highest ideals. The quite opposite of real Cap.

Tony is a comedian.

Villains are dumb.

Loki (a part of first Thor movie) is a comedian.

Guardians are comedian.

Ant-man is a comedian.

Hulk ? well is a comedian.

Nobody can smoke.

And that all is not the wrongest things in Disney in my opinion.

I state that i enjoy their movies (Gaurdians, Thor, Age of Ultron are good movies) but their are nearer to tv-product than cinema.

They don't have the wide eyes of cinema experience (eg. i don't like Bay, but (at least in Europe, even who hate Bay ) have to admit that he knows how create moviment in cinema)

They don't have aesthetic research (on the contrary look at the double-Charles' meeting in Days or the triangle Charles(Cerebro)-Erick-Apocalypse)

They don't have the space of silence: their characters exists only in dialogue or action, without any interioral dimension. Instead Singer's ones are closer to the thinking ballons in Claremont.

Nobody in MarvelStudios movies can have doubt/drama existence.
    I doubt a character like Magneto can be portrait like a deportee, 'cause 1)if he will be only 'evil' he confuse audience 2) if he will be good, well: Walt Disney's legacy.
    I doubt X-Men can be portrait like minority: 'cause the general audience hate minority (look at all the recent political victory in all the world).

No real drama.

4. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Maybe they could insert a smoking clause so that where a scene of smoking could materially enhance the film they would be able to request a specific one-off permission for it. ;)

5. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

But did you know Kinberg also wrote the critical failures like X3, F4, This is War, Jumper, XXX2... Lol I find it funny that Kinberg is attached to Star Wars related things but not any of the films as a writer. And yet here we are with Fox, not only hiring him to do the script for nth time but also handing him the directional duties. No wonder why Murdoch wants out to sell the film division/TV division of Fox to Disney.

6. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Okay.

7. marvelrobbins Registered

good points.

it should be noted since first class the films have slowly been adding more colorful outfits.they did their version of original outfits which briefly returned in 1991 comic.viper in the wolverine had outfit.bishop in dofp had look straight out of late 90's comic.apocalypse had colorful costumes for horseman and then for x-men in last scene.i find it hard to believe kinberg on his own would drop colorful cotumes for dark phoenix.

8. jaymes_e06 Registered

Says the guy being paranoid and protective of Disney. Take your own advice or leave the advice giving to licensed professionals. :cwink:

9. StarLord < < < < < < <

This is the worst insult of them all.

10. marvelrobbins Registered

while i like cap best out of characters from mcu i can't disagree with this.

11. StarLord < < < < < < <

Cyclops was like a super jealous boyfriend who creeped about.

He had no traits or personality, and just served as a device to make Logan even more dick-ish and create that ''tension'' with Jean.

12. marvelrobbins Registered

in first x-men film i felt they did enough to make me believe he was xavier's right hand.yes a big part of his role was the love triangle.which really didn't work untill x2.no real scenes of jean and cyclops alone in first x-men.

while it's moost now the places were in place for cyclops.he just needed more screentime but after singer left to do superman because of issues with rothman cyclops was real loser.

thankfull new cyclops had great start with apocalypse and hopefully ti contunies with dark Phoenix.

13. StarLord < < < < < < <

Whilst I didn't enjoy Apocalypse that much, I can agree that Tye seems like a good choice for the role.

14. xrs13 Cold as ice

Just to divert conversation, I hope whoever designed the costumes this time was on a similar page to the one from Deadpool 2’s negasonic costume in the new trailer

15. Frankeh Registered

Exactly.

[​IMG]

16. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Protective of Disney? I barely talk about MCU on here. You might want to do your research?

Just because I'm highly critical of Kinberg and the treatment of most of the X-men characters under Fox does not mean I'm automatically a Disney fan.

Not everything is Fox Vs. Disney.

#166 EnDz0n3, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  17. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Agreed. That outfit looked good.

18. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

The usual "if you don't like FoxMen you are an anti Fox and pro Disney" card.

Don't worry that user said the same thing to me and when I brought it up, he couldn't say anything.

And yet flash back to 2015, he was making fun of the Fantastic Four supporters which included me. Petty.

19. jaymes_e06 Registered

Well I, myself, have been critical of Kinberg maybe even more than you or anyone on this board. I remember when I cussed him out on thexverse board when he blatantly lied to us.

Now someone specifically asked me why I wasn't completely out of faith and because I was defending my position I got labeled by you "protective" and "paranoid" for Kinberg ... :dry:

20. Erik Lensherr Registered

New

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwCX4NX5q8g[/YT]

21. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

22. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

That costume was awesome sauce. Is Negasonic a X-MAN now?

Can't wait to see Piotr new digs

23. Witnessuss Registered

Hello i just signed up to this forum just to say:

PREACH 'EM! most of these disney fans are on rose-colored glasses that needs to burst their bubbles, but i bet they will ignore this marvelous comment so they can continue to rip off the fox xmen franchise just for a COSTUME

Yes, i've been following this forum for a while now because i need updates for the upcoming dark phoenix film but all i see is a pessimist costume-dying fans

24. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

25. marvelrobbins Registered

even if you dislike apocalypse,which i can accept for taste just like i call first class and deadpool overrated though i certinly don't hate those films only bad x films are truly last stand and origins,i like your style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.