Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly surprised that they're going to be announcing a deal so soon. I for one am hoping that they some how keep the current cast moving forward, but I realize that probably won't happen. Seems strange that Fox would sabatoge this movie almost a year out from its release.

No one at fox seem all that phased by this deal to the point there they don't really seem to all that cautious when it comes continuing to work on these other new X-Men projects.

I hope Fiege cancels Dark Phoenix, that story is too important and needs to be done in the MCU. I don't trust Fox do that story justice.

Kind of unlikely since the movie will be out before they can even get their hands on it. Lol

I hope Fiege cancels Dark Phoenix, that story is too important and needs to be done in the MCU. I don't trust Fox do that story justice.

That would never happen

People give Fiege way too much faith that his decision making will match their own desire.

Last edited:
No one at fox seem all that phased by this deal to the point there they don't really seem to all that cautious when it comes continuing to work on these other new X-Men projects.
Why would they be? They still have a Studio to maintain. Until a deal happens, it's business as usual.

And Gambit moved up it's production date so the people behind that movie are scares and they probably know Disney is going to (thankfully) cancel the movie.

Marvel are rumored to be exploring the multiverse more in the future so they could easily use that as a way to fold the X-Men franchise into the MCU if they wished.

Thats probably the only way to do it but at the same time its not something that could be pulled off seamlessly

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas and it's beginning to look a lot like Disney is buying Fox.

No need for a Multiverse because the Singer version of X-Men will never come to the MCU. Feige will create his own vision of what the X-Men should be and not be saddled down with Kinberg & Singer's leftovers.

And Gambit moved up it's production date so the people behind that movie are scares and they probably know Disney is going to (thankfully) cancel the movie.

Unless Disney told them they would cancel it then i dunno how FOX would be able to know that.

No need for a Multiverse because the Singer version of X-Men will never come to the MCU. Feige will create his own vision of what the X-Men should be and not be saddled down with Kinberg & Singer's leftovers.

You would be lucky if X-Men in general came to the MCU at all tbh for very obvious reasons.

You would be lucky if X-Men in general came to the MCU at all tbh for very obvious reasons.
Yeah.. No. They're coming to the MCU. This deal seems to be inevitable at this point. I just wish they could cancel Dark Phoenix before it becomes too toxic for Feige to touch. But we'll finally get the REAL X-Men in the MCU :up:

Phoenix will be Singer-Men's swan song.

Yeah.. No. They're coming to the MCU. This deal seems to be inevitable at this point. I just wish they could cancel Dark Phoenix before it becomes too toxic for Feige to touch. But we'll finally get the REAL X-Men in the MCU :up:

Phoenix will be Singer-Men's swan song.

How are they gonna fit mutants into the MCU when we are hitting Phase 4 and mutants DO NOT exist in the MCU?

While you are saying what Disney won't do or will do you seem to not be thinking about that part of the decision making process.

Yes people will think feige will be so excited to get X-Men back he will say screw it and just throw them in anywhere but then why does every fan think they are best pals with feige and know he will make the decisions they want him to make?

How are they gonna fit mutants into the MCU when we are hitting Phase 4 and mutants DO NOT exist in the MCU?

While you are saying what Disney won't do or will do you seem to not be thinking about that part of the decision making process.

Yes people will think feige will be so excited to get X-Men back he will say screw it and just throw them in anywhere but then why does every fan think they are best pals with feige and know he will make the decisions they want him to make?
Spider-Man didn't exist in the MCU until.. He did. People with no imaginations all across the Internet are the ones constantly stressing that mutants can never fit and blah blah blah. There are dozens of different ways to incorporate mutants into the MCU. And Feige has confirmed that they have contingency scripts for all Marvel properties they don't have back.

Nobody who has been following Feige thinks he will just randomly throw mutants into the MCU. He will obviously weave them into the MCU in a way that makes sense and fits with the continuity. Don't even know why that has to be explained at this point. AND Feige has said in the past that he loves the X-Men (He was a producer on the first two films, things like Wolverine having comic accurate hair are because of him) and that'd he'd loved to incorporate mutants/X-Men into the MCU. We love him because he's a nerd like us. He loves these characters just as much as we do and it shows with the work he puts into his characters. X-Men under Feige will possibly be on par or even bigger than the Avengers. I can't wait to see the X-Mem I grew up reading as a kid.

Guys you shouldn't drag this out for too long unless you want C. Lee to wipe this conversation.

Yeah, I know it's not going to happen but I'd like to Dark Phoenix being cutted off. I really don't trust this movie, not only because of Kinberg and the creative team, but also because I think it's too, too soon to adapt that storyline that requires a lot of emotional investment. And it's such a beloved storyline that deserved to be done right.

Now it's going to be like Gwen's death.

Ok for not trust in Kinberg (I agreed).
But your second concern is wrong. 100+ hundred of year in cinema say that's wrong.

And do you trust Disney after Civil War?
Very funny.

Spider-Man didn't exist in the MCU until.. He did.

And how does that work with Mutants? 1 kid getting powers from a spider bite one day and then slowly getting noticed isn't quite the same as a universe where no one knows mutants exist until people with powers start to get noticed and are not inhumans.

Well unless you wanna say mutants are new also, but then that would be Marvel taking its own liberties to make the concept work in the MCU.

There is no seamless way of integrating mutants in the mix and acting like they have always been there.

We love him because he's a nerd like us.

Then that explains the misconception.

I don't think many Spidey fans got quite what they expected from Spidey joining the MCU. especially if you was there when people were speculating on how marvel were gonna handle him and how marvel were gonna get him right and not turn him into Iron Spider-man with Tony replacing Uncle bens role.

To get back to the actual film for a moment...

Anyone thinking that since New Mutants comes out in April, at the very least we could get a potential teaser of Dark Phoenix with that? If it had to be with any comic film in 2018, anyway, I think New Mutants would be a safe assumption.

And do you trust Disney after Civil War?
Very funny.

After a movie with a 91% RT rating, 'A' cinemascore, and 1.15 Billion at the box office, the#1 movie of 2016? Yeah I do trust them, more than ever.

To get back to the actual film for a moment...

Anyone thinking that since New Mutants comes out in April, at the very least we could get a potential teaser of Dark Phoenix with that? If it had to be with any comic film in 2018, anyway, I think New Mutants would be a safe assumption.

Maybe Deadpool would fit better with New Mutants and then X-Men could go with Deadpool?

Last edited:
Wouldn't Deadpool probably fit better with New Mutants and then X-Men could go with Deadpool?

Yeah. And really, they could always mix and match, but I would bet good money on a tease or full trailer for Dark Phoenix coming with either of those. Heck, if it came with Deadpool 2 now that it has a summer release, it could be a prelude to whatever Fox has at Comic Con, assuming they'd have X-Men related panels outside of the TV shows.

Wouldn't something be attached with Black Panther?

I mean the trailers are released online first anyway.

After a movie with a 91% RT rating, 'A' cinemascore, and 1.15 Billion at the box office, the#1 movie of 2016? Yeah I do trust them, more than ever.

When in a discussion about cinema I see quote the % of RT or box office, the debate for me is over.

The majority likes it and a very small minority don't. It's universally respected. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"