X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 6

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuestStar2004 Registered

The negativity feels like an unwillingness to let go of negativity.

Some got out of their comfort zone for too long.

#976 GuestStar2004, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  2. Ordet Registered

For a Feige fanboy it's not the quality of movie the matter.
    The most inportant thing is that everything is under Disney. What Feige says is the canon.

What is funny is that a Disney fan should not spoke about other's behavior errors. What Singer could have done, Walt Disney made it worse.

But one thing is the person, one thing is the art.
    And we talk about the art.

3. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Oh please.... First off I'm responding to someone else and wasn't talking to you. Second it's ok for him to put down TAS to uplift Singerverse but not ok for me to respond? Third just put me on ignore and stop quoting me simple as that.

4. Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

I just simply can't fathom why people insist on bringing the MCU talk here. There's a bunch of discussions for that subject out there, including the merger, "hope" thread and discussions about what a possible MCU X-Men film would look like. Is that seriously not enough? I like my fair share of Disney-Marvel, but I have no interest having conversations about it here. That's just obnoxious and unnecessary. The constant MCU talk on X-Men spaces just makes the Marvel films harder to enjoy for me.

5. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

No what is funny is I never mentioned MCU or Feige once in this interaction. This is about you putting down TAS to uplift Singerverse. And how you are wrong for saying nobody remembers it. I mean Singer & Kinberg themselves RT fanmade TAS Apocalypse trailers but yeah nobody remembers it.

6. Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

EVERYONE remembers the animated show, that's still to date the most iconic formation of X-Men, for better or for worse. Funny thing is that I doubt many people have rewatched it and are talking about it through nostalgia goggles. It's extremely dated, cheesy, the voice acting is atrocious and it takes plenty of liberties with the source material.

7. Ordet Registered

Maybe I badly explained myself:

i never said that cartoos is quality poor. No, I like it.
    I was talking about his impact on today general audience.

And it is 0.

'casue we don't have any type of merchandising about it. We are plenty of revival about Saint Seya, robot cartoon etc... but not about XMen cartoon.

that's the fact.

8. GuestStar2004 Registered

Some feel threatened by the thread talking about the actual film.

It's like hoping the more we talk about the MCU deal the more it becomes more revelant then the current film, or at least that's maybe how some see it.

9. Ordet Registered

And i add:

you talking about 'remember'
    that's is clear point of the ZERO impact on today.

When Disney bought Star Wars, they created a strong revival: half of the people who bought Star Wars merchandinsing at Disney Store they never seen a star wars movie before.
    That's what i mean.

That's is a impact on genereal audience.

10. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Rewatch it all the time I don't watch X-MEN movies at home. Currently going through it again because multiple xmen podcast are specifically about reviewing all the episodes

This just came out any fan should get it as well

[​IMG]

I want this movie to hurry up and come out. It's not some kinda threat to be worried about. The last film came and went and now this film has a worst director.

11. carpenter82 Registered

Completely agree

12. Ordet Registered

A book?

you missing the point.

You don't buy a making of book about a cartoon you didn't see.
    This book is for the fan.

A cup of R2-D2 is fot everyone.

That's the point of revival and impact on general audience

13. GuestStar2004 Registered

Well you certainly changed your tune, you was fully onboard with kinberg over singer a while ago but now is a worse director

14. Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

I have the box sets, I rewatch it too. It's a lot of fun, and unintentionally hilarious. Charles is probably my favorite thing about it. He's a total mess and the constant screaming is very entertaining. My favorite episode is definitely the one with Colossus and Juggernaut. I've probably seen that 20 times.

15. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Obviously the book is the only thing X-MEN fans can get until the CompleX ends next year. Once the CompleX is over X-MEN will regain it's proper place.

16. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

In no world is Simon Kinberg a better director than Bryan Singer. Hes never made a movie before. Singer sucks at X-MEN imo and I was hoping and praying like I did between each release (this is the one they get it right, this is the one not about Raven, its finally not Wolverine and the X-Men.. storm will get to do something this time etc etc) No need to try and psych myself out anymore just to get disappointed again.

It's like a saying "You leave with the girl you came with". No need to stick by it anymore though if fox don't own X-MEN anymore. That's only reason I like fox in first place because of X-MEN now there's no need.

But y'all can talk FOXMEN in peace obviously my comments aren't wanted here. So don't quote me and I won't return to this thread

#991 Leo Zelinsky, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  17. Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

So, the Entertainment Weekly magazine is now out. Has anyone seen a scan yet?

18. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Why does Cyclops have a lightsaber coming out of his head? And no fair that Wolverine has a three-pronged one.

19. GuestStar2004 Registered

You ever think you may still be doing that?

20. Weather Witch Registered

I find that it is good to still get excited about some aspects of the movie even while knowing that you might be disappointed by others. I guess that's why I don't hate Apocalypse as much. :woot:

21. GuestStar2004 Registered

22. Ryan1210 Registered

23. Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

Genosha, proper Dark Phoenix story, space battles. This is certainly ambitious if anything.

24. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Yeah, funny how that’s getting forgotten isn’t it?

25. fobi Registered

I wonder if the mission will be the opening sequence that they usually have before the credits. If so I'm definitely looking forward to that, those have been great with every film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.