Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be interesting to see how the cast handles the press around the film's release.

Where is that from?

DQnSsBEX0AIuJxi.jpg

Depends how passionate you are about the Spidey source material because most would argue they might have pissed on quite a few things in that respect.

They changed alot but hid it within the walls of the MCU so its like saying to fans this is what you guys wanted right? well you got it and we might change up some stuff but hey you will still get to see hulk and spider-man on screen together at some point!

The Rotten Tomatoes score and the box office for Spider-Man: Homecoming would indicate that they made the right call.

No one was expecting yet another origin story for this second reboot of the Spidey series.

Depends how passionate you are about the Spidey source material because most would argue they might have pissed on quite a few things in that respect.

They changed alot but hid it within the walls of the MCU so its like saying to fans this is what you guys wanted right? well you got it and we might change up some stuff but hey you will still get to see hulk and spider-man on screen together at some point!
To be fair, most of the changes in Homecoming come from it being a 21st century update of the comics (Flash, Aunt May etc) the only changes that bothered me was Michelle and Stark tech suit. But It was very true to the spirit of the character.

Characters like Magneto, I could see Marvel trying to update

The Rotten Tomatoes score and the box office for Spider-Man: Homecoming would indicate that they made the right call.

No one was expecting yet another origin story for this second reboot of the Spidey series.

But it wasn't just the fact there was no origin story that was the change.

There was definitely alot that they just changed up to fit into the MCU or in general because they thought certain new ideas made more sense then what was in the comic.

Still don't get why they made the shocker 2 different people that could be passed on by name. seemed unnecessary.

As for Box office there are several factors there

1. They marketed iron man like crazy.

2. Spider-man has always been a box office hitter at the box office.

3. The reviews were good.

Id class Spider-man Homecoming in the same area as DOFP since both made a fair amount of changes and both came out well recieved.

Last edited:

the problem is we x-men fans are just used to the same charles-Magneto story, that we cant appreciate/understand/accept when other studios offer new things :funny:

To be fair, most of the changes in Homecoming come from it being a 21st century update of the comics (Flash, Aunt May etc) the only changes that bothered me was Michelle and Stark tech suit. But It was very true to the spirit of the character.

The Flash thing was just stupid. Penis Parker? Really? Really?

Magneto you would have to update. In the comics he's a young man during the Holocaust, so born in the 1920s - an MCU X-Men would be made in the 2020s, he would literally be a 100 years old if follow the comics strictly. Go with him being a kid during the Holocaust, fine, he's still in his 90s - which is still super old. Yeah, there are ways against it, you can make Magneto Cambodian or Nicaraguan if you really want him to be an older man, you can make him a guy in his 40s or 50s and say he was detained in Omarska.

Xavier too, he can be a Gulf War veteran instead of a Korean War veteran. Or they can go the route Fox has kind of went and just say that mutants generally tend to age slower.

It'll be interesting to see how the cast handles the press around the film's release.

I'll feel really bad for them if they're asked about the deal, the future of the franchise, etc...

I'll feel really bad for them if they're asked about the deal, the future of the franchise, etc...

Well they will be, though those questions might be off-limits at organised press interviews. That won't stop them being asked at red carpet events, etc.

I'm sure they will be coached on how to answer.

Well they will be, though those questions might be off-limits at organised press interviews. That won't stop them being asked at red carpet events, etc.

I'm sure they will be coached on how to answer.
It'll probably be something along the lines of: "Well, yeah, we would love to be a part of it. I guess we'll just have to see happens"

I just wish XCU detractors would be content with the fact that MCU X-men is inevitable instead of clamoring on these boards for Fox to eradicate every upcoming XCU movie before the buyout even happens. Like, you're already getting what you want. You don't have to be ****** about it. Just sit back and wait for whatever Feige has planned. The existence or non-existence of any remaining XCU movies in between now and the finalization of the buyout doesn't need to have any presence in your mind whatsoever.

Wow.

How can you said that?

Spiderman in Homecoming was the most betrayed characters ever. Even Deadpool in the awful Origins was so a different version.

All the most important peculiarity of Spidey are cancelled to show us only a Stark-boy.

If i have to choose, i have more respect fot the Star Wars fans who blame Disney for what It made with the saga, they put costumes, but not spirit. While Marvel fan are indeed MCU fan in disguise, Feige can change everything (and he did it) in spirit. But costumes make fans happy.

I think we all lost the flavor to see a movie for the movie itself and not for links, sequels, spin-off etc..

This will be the last Singer-verse movies?
It's ok, that will not make it less (or more) worthy to be seen.

While Homecoming made a number of changes to the supporting cast and environment, I thought it was far more true to Peter Parker's character than the smartass hipster that was the Andrew Garfield version. The ASM series had no understanding of who Peter Parker is.

To be fair, most of the changes in Homecoming come from it being a 21st century update of the comics (Flash, Aunt May etc) the only changes that bothered me was Michelle and Stark tech suit. But It was very tru
e to the spirit of the character.

The only thing about Spider-man’s tech suit that bothered me is not because he had one, as in the Comics he made when in charge of Parker Industries and had used it for awhile, and in the 1990’s he made a Silver Iron-spider suit then that I don’t think popped up much after that (although they did make toys of that version, it’s not because Stark made him one as in the Comics that happened during Civil War as well.

My thing is I hate that it was like his 1st “real” suit after the homemade one that was clearly inspired after Scarlet-Spider (that was a great touch IMO). I admit it bothers me that Stark made the design...If they had a scene in Civil War where Stak was looking at a notepad that showed selected Peter made for a suit he was planning to do that had the classic look to it and Stark just took that look and added it to tech suit I would be OK with it.

Other than that, and I consider that minor relatively, I’m real happy with how they are doing Spider-man.

I think we all lost the flavor to see a movie for the movie itself and not for links, sequels, spin-off etc..

This will be the last Singer-verse movies?
It's ok, that will not make it less (or more) worthy to be seen.

Regardless, I do think the imminent reboot will diminish the interest the general audience has in it. It might be unfair, but it is what it is.

Complaining about Peter's relationship with Stark and the character being betrayed while praising the franchise that made Storm worship Mystique and be part of a massive genocide without any motivation whatsoever, that made Raven a hero and a leader of the X-Men, that made her Xavier's sister but not Kurt and Rogue's mother, that reduced Scott to a scumbag, that reduced Jean to Logan's love interest, and most of all, that made the X-Men in the background of their own movie?

Talk about betraying the characters and the source material huh.

Complaining about Peter's relationship with Stark and the character being betrayed while praising the franchise that made Storm worship Mystique and be part of a massive genocide without any motivation whatsoever, that made Raven a hero and a leader of the X-Men, that made her Xavier's sister but not Kurt and Rogue's mother, that reduced Scott to a scumbag, that reduced Jean to Logan's love interest, and most of all, that made the X-Men in the background of their own movie?

Talk about betraying the characters and the source material huh.

The differences are:

1) I don't worshipp the faithfulness. The moment you blame Singer/Fox for it, you cannot love Feige that made worse.
I can accept the difference, I'm for cinema.

2) We can debate about Storm, i think you're right for half, and the right depends about how we handle the messianic figure of Apocalypse

3) About Scott, you're right, i always said i hate it in movies (and he is my favourite comics character)

4) all the other points are about roles. It's like costume, the external aspects of a charecters.

Heh, sometimes I wish I knew how to throw up gifs, cause I would use the “Sure, Jan” one.

I just wish XCU detractors would be content with the fact that MCU X-men is inevitable instead of clamoring on these boards for Fox to eradicate every upcoming XCU movie before the buyout even happens. Like, you're already getting what you want. You don't have to be ****** about it. Just sit back and wait for whatever Feige has planned. The existence or non-existence of any remaining XCU movies in between now and the finalization of the buyout doesn't need to have any presence in your mind whatsoever.

tumblr_inline_oryfxlZk7I1rzgrji_540.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back