X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvelrobbins Registered

exactly right.

untill film comes out even when there is news you will have mcu fans attaacking.not letting x-men cu fans enjoy the last full x-men film of x-menCU.

i hate the sale but i have moved on to acceptance from anger and at least i get 4 more films including dark phoenix before x-men are ruined forever.

you included in your post why I say this.

and once final film in X-mencu is released i will leave him on my accourds.

2. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Ok. Fine. Kinberg's film has a 2 in 8 shot of being good. Or 1 in 4.

Not great odds.

3. GuestStar2004 Registered

Would certainly be awkward if it was well received.

4. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Definitely. Black Widow has received more development than Iceman, Rogue, Shadowcat, Colossus, Cyclops, Storm, Phoenix and Beast in the first four movies that she appeared unlike those characters in the first four films appeared in.

Iceman: Was a minor supporting character in X1
    Shadowcat: An extra in X1/2
    Rogue: got a smaller in every movie that she appeared in
    Colossus: Only got a real supporting role in Deadpool
    Storm: Small role in X4 and was just there in X1
    Cyclops: Killed early in X3 and a pointless role in Origins
    Phoenix: mostly served as the love interest of Logan and Scott
    Beast: an afterthought in Dofp and Apocalypse

But Jesus, maybe I should compared their developments to Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America and Thor in the movies to really showcased their X-Men: Shortcomings. :o sure Bmm.

5. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

I wish Rogue, Storm, Psylocke, Angel, Cyclops, Shadowcat, Iceman, Phoenix, Beast, Bishop, Jubilee and Emma Frost were as flat as Captain America, the Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Black Panther in the movies.

Jesus. Here’s hoping Marvel Studios sets the bar higher than that.

6. marvelrobbins Registered

well mcu fans will hate here regardless.

look since i liked apocalypse and he ghost directed a few scenes it would be hypcrsy for me to say dark phoenix is bound to fail and suck.instead hope for best since this is last full X-Men film i will be getting.and stuff in ew article sounded promising.

since i was always an x-men fan first,yeah i know strange thing on this board :cwink:,I look forward to an X-men film for last time.

7. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Scott - he got the visors on, likes Jean, he is related to Havok, brunette
    Storm - has white hair, can manipulate the weather
    Psylocke - her costume in Apocalypse, Olivia looked fierce
    Bishop - Omar Sy look the part, the gun is inspired from the comics
    Jubilee - Asian, wears yellow jackets
    Jean - likes Scott, has red hair, original X-Men member
    Alex - is related to Scott, blonde

And many more!!! :o

8. Ordet Registered

The funny thing is that we have a great amout of proofs that Disney has no respect about characters' essence even just outside MCU:

Alice, Sleeping Beauty, the little Mermaid etc..
    and above all:
    STAR WARS.

but only mcu fan doesn't see that.

That said much about comic book's importance: Star Wars fans are Star Wars fans while Marvel fans are Feige fans in disguise.

That isn't a bad thing. Only why continue to hide that?

9. Ordet Registered

Well, you're right.
    All that are very underdevolped characters.
    The funny thing is that they are bad characterized exacty like Cap, Iron, Black Window, Spidey, Thor...

But in Fox they are only support to Charles, Erik, Logan, Mystica, while the others are the main in MCU.

10. marvelrobbins Registered

you hit it on their hair.look i am going to see last jedi but based on what i hear i will likely hate it.from what i hear they totaly disrespected OT.

yep marvel fans around are really feige/mcu fans.

nomatter what disney does to star wars i will remainf an of george lucas star wars.just like i will remainf an of x-menCU having liked liked 8 out of 10 films and with 4 more films coming before it's over and X-men ruined by feige.

11. Ordet Registered

And i doubt a gran part of you have ever really read Claremont.

Cause the point of his vision wasn't take the characters, used them exactly how they was to made a fanfiction.

I said: why do you have problems with Mystica in movies, but with Wolverine (Hulk's villain), Rogue (villain), Storm, Colossus, Kurt (all they that have replaced the originals) no?

12. GuestStar2004 Registered

Disney probably don't but marvel may, although probably about as much as those working on the films for WB,Sony and FOX, it just comes down to the creative decisions that are made.

Thor raganrok being a full on comedy seemed unnecessary but they likely did it because they felt they could guardian of the galaxy it for good effect.

You can have a passion for the project but doesn't mean you won't make some fairly big alterations.

#962 GuestStar2004, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  13. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

[YT]/44Q58kWAsCo[/YT]

14. marvelrobbins Registered

of course they haven't read claremont's run.if they had they would know allegary on issues was always big on x-men before the films.

as for mystique they made just amount of changes in mcu as x-men.

also claremont was known to make changes to characters toohe made magneto ally of x-men and rpelace xavier when he wrote xavier out of book into outer space.hell clarmeont even splinted x-men.

15. marvelrobbins Registered

Thor raganrok as outright comedy helps make my point why i will not be in audence for mcu x-men.so last films of X-men CU is end for me.

16. marvelrobbins Registered

well consider this if phoenix ends up killing mystique or magneto or both many will be cheering here:cwink:

17. X-Maniac High Evolutionary

Of course I have.

I don't recognise anything from Claremont's comics in the Fox 'adaptations'...

Yes, the allegories about mistreatment of minorities. Then we get films where they mistreat the minority characters. Ironic, huh?

Then why are the true X-Men fans so unhappy on here? Only the defenders of the studio are okay with what they did with Mystique.

Fans of the X-Men hate what they have done to Mystique.

And of course fans of Fox (or in some cases, people on here who work for Fox) would be fully supportive.

A reboot right now would be best, what a shame we even have to wait a year for Dark Phoenix.

No problem with any of that. It was a twist to the status quo. But first you have to show the proper status quo. We're still waiting for that in the Fox films.

18. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

How so?

In the first scenario where the movie sucks, I can say I was right all along and Kinberg remains a hack.

In the second scenario, sure I'm wrong, but I get a "well received" Fox X-men movie. But I also get to look forward to an X-men movie in the MCU where the X-men get to be leads in their own movie, where JLaw doesn't sleep-walk thru the entire thing.

Honestly it's a win-win.

19. SumT Registered

actually seems like you are the one that hasnt read Claremont comics, not the rest of the users.

20. JP Smelly

Yeah if the movie is good cool. We get one last good X-Men in this 18 year long series.

Then I finally get to see Feige rip X-Men out of Kinbergs undeserving hands.

21. X-Maniac High Evolutionary

Yep, either it goes out with a bang or it goes out with a whimper.

But in both cases, it still goes out!

:djs:

22. Mr. Peanut Registered

I think you're grossly understating the development of several of those characters and grossly overstating the development of Black Widow. Especially since you're complaining that Jean was just a "love interest" (I thought the complaint was that she wasn't enough of a love interest in Apocalypse? Which is it?) when Black Widow's main character development only really started in AoU with her becoming a love interest for Banner. I'd say the opening speech with Dr. Jean Grey in X1 was by itself a better character moment for Jean than all of the flashy sexy martial arts kickass moments that have comprised the bulk of Black Widow's existence.

23. GuestStar2004 Registered

But then you would have wasted many months throwing digs at a film you hadn't even seen yet.

See this is why some people who have already decided they will hate it probably will end up hating it because even if its the next DOFP those people will still have this grown itch to spite the guy.

Once you commit yourself to hating something or someone its not easy to stop.

#973 GuestStar2004, Dec 18, 2017
  24. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

And Fox has no respect for:
    Daredevil
    Elektra
    Fantastic Four
    Hitman
    Dragonball
    Assassin's Creed

And why are you making it about a studio thing? You have a problem with Disney, go to the misc films section and post it there.

Let's see you call out these Marvel fans as Feige fans in disguise in Avengers section or the Marvel films section. Not only you have bad opinions (and taste) you disrespect a group of fans by calling them as not fans of the Marvel.

#974 psylockolussus, Dec 18, 2017
  25. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

"mystica"

Nope. Black Widow is a second tier Avenger member and Marvel character in the comics. In fact I shouldn't be comparing X-Men a-tiers to a second tier like Black Widow. but given how Fox seemed to missed the mark for most of the a listers, here we are.

#975 psylockolussus, Dec 18, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.