X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

On the other hand, one can also say you're wasting months defending a film (not based on the director's filmography and previous interviews, but on blind faith) that turned out to be a dud.

But I'm not gonna say that since it's your time and I'm not gonna tell someone what to do with their own time.

So please don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I'll have the X-men *not* directed by Kinberg in a few years.

2. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Can't wait for the MCU X-Men film in the not so distant future!

3. Lip Registered

Sigh. For the last time (seriously, the last time). We're talking about the essence of the material and the essence of the XMen. Mystique is not as essencial as Logan, Rogue, Storm, Colossus or Kurt, characters that had a massive importance over the 50+years. And who she is in the movies is nothing from the comics. And it's the same with several other characters.

And so what if Rogue or Logan were introduced as antagonist? It's not what defines them and it's not what they're known for. And they're not Emma Frost either. You're not showing you have any understanding of those characters. At all.

I'm making my points and trying to debate. If you want to be taken seriously, stop saying people who don't agree with you or don't enjoy the treatment of the X-Men under FOX are "Feige's lovers", "MCU lovers", "only want costumes". You have to admit this isn't very "adult" and it's ridiculous, right? You can see that, right?

It's impossible to talk to someone deliberately ignoring the points you make and saying stuff like that. I'm sorry, but I won't be feeding trolls.

4. BMM Registered

Black Widow has received more screen time than most X-Men not named Wolverine but very little in the way of actual character development. Can we not have X-Men with more screen time and actual character development?

Uh, yeah, you should. Why is that even a question? After all of your complaining about the short changing of characters, and out of all of the characters in the MCU you could have picked, you chose Black Widow, as though that’s the ideal? Cyclops should be on par with Captain America and Storm should be unlike anything the MCU has seen, not Black “hide the zucchini” Widow. Do better.

5. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

6. Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

Spiderman Homecoming is actually the movie that proved to me that Marvel can make quite a few changes while nailing the essence of the property. The X-men need that. The X-men do not need a 1:1 adaptation from the comics to the big screen.

7. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

I'm sure X-Men MCU would be fine without drastic changes like they did for Flash Thompson and whoever character Zendaya was supposed to play. Also Shocker could have been given a better costume.

8. Lip Registered

I have a lot of reservations to everything related to Tony Stark in Homecoming. And it gets worse for me because I despise Tony. But yeah, I think overall Homecoming nailed the property.

And I love how diverse the supporting cast is. And I love the Gwen is possibly an european (being an american is not her defining trait). It all adds to reflect how diverse the world is right now. And I wouldn't mind at all if Zendaya was actually Mary Jane.

9. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

I just hope when a MCU X-Men film is made, there won't be an Avenger in posters/DVD covers and sharing the screentime with the other X-Men. That's one of the things I disliked about Homecoming and theyve already said, that Homecoming 2 would feature another Avenger. Like I don't mind if they do that as well to F4's 1st film, but the X-Men should be all about the X-Men given how enormous their character gallery is.

10. Lip Registered

Speaking of reflecting how the world is now and diversity, I wonder if Marvel would reinvent Eric and turn him into a different minority, updating his origin story. That would cause some chaos surely. But I'm ready for that as long as it's good.

11. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

[​IMG]

12. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

Homecoming is Top 5 MCU for me, my only real issue with it is Uncle Tony.

13. JP Smelly

Nah. This is my favorite franchise. If it's above 70% on RT I know I'll love it.

14. Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

All of this 100% (even the Stark stuff, I went into the movie expecting to hate it) and it just makes me excited to see what creative choices Marvel makes for the X-men (that hopefully dont involve Iron Man lol)

15. GuestStar2004 Registered

I think people sometimes mix up the essence for not doing it like the books.

Alot of people look at a film, see a change and say thats it they messed up the story.

I think it just depends how passionate you are about the property or the changes since man there are alot of people who would have riot if they said Zendaya was Mary Jane since they don't care about diversity, its just about doing it right.

I do think she is gonna end up as a new version of mary jane though. there is something definitely going on with her character.

#990 GuestStar2004, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  16. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

True.

17. marvelrobbins Registered

again you just make my point for me.everyone will trash on fox and love anything feige does.

they will cheer when alls erness,allegary,and drama taken away from x-men just like they did taking away all of peter parker's everyman qualitys and problems that made him relatable.

18. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

If you love the current X-Men comics right now, I am sure the MCU X-Men movies could please you as well.

19. SumT Registered

Im still waiting to see some users talk with real detail and concrete arguments about the "essence" of Angel, Psylocke, Jubilee, Iceman, Colossus and co. on this 17 years old franchise.

I'll take a seat, will be a long wait

20. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

You'll be waiting forever as there's no argument with that. They would likely use the portrayals of MCU characters to deflect that.

21. MarvelU Registered

Yes even if my user name says Marvelu, the xmen films are my favorite. I've watched them all in theaters but this is the right move for the xmen. We get the xmen back in the center with toys, shirts, posters, video games etc. We get new writers in the movies and better storylines now that all marvel characters are in one place. I know it's an end of an era but it's a change we need as xmen fans.

22. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Its an exciting time to be a X-Men fanatic!

23. Jh7058622 Registered

So do you see the hypocrisy in saying everything would be fine and dandy if Disney take over for X-Men?

24. Phoenix Egg Registered

That's just memers for you. Following what's popular.

It's common human behavior though, really.

Wait a while, marvelrobbins. Trends and fads change and regardless, things will return to X-Men stories after this upcoming lull, be it 3 years or 10.

25. kevork89 Registered

Agreed. I watched Homecoming in the cinema and it was good but then I watched it again the other day and forgot how much I enjoyed it. Can’t wait to see what Marvel will do with X-Men. I’m just hoping for a good send off with Dark Phoenix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.