Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see it happening, fits with certain ideas that Singer imagined for X3. Magneto after Apocalypse creates the mutant haven of Genosha with his Acolytes and sees himself as the races' Messiah, an event happens in Genosha where the X-Men get involved, Dark Phoenix is unleashed, the Shi'ar arrive, the X-Men and Magneto (who now views Jean as the messiah or something) fight together to save Jean.

The UN set may also be there because Genosha is now a sovereign mutant haven or something. Basically it's just some premise thing before the Shi'ar actually arrive. But it still seems very, very ambitious.

So Genosha, Shiar Empire, Dark Phoenix and these new characters? How are they gonna juggle all of those in 1 movie. Removing Magneto would have given them less work to do. But of course its not the X-Men without Kinberg's favorite character.

Instead of the Break Magneto out of the Pentagon or Magneto the family man we'll be introduced to him in Genosha this time.

"Epic Story"
If handled right it can be, if not it can turn into a disaster with to much going on. If they arent going to do DP right they should just wait to do the story. Possibly some of the casting call may be Acolytes.

If the Acolytes are going to be in this, I want to see Exodus, Chrome, Frenzy and Scanner. Though they'd probably end up as the silent henchmen.

"Epic Story"

Kinberg is defently it seems aiming for epis story.we shall see how the execution is.
with
genohsa in film
this gives us a clue what the new
mutants they bring in role are
being magneto's acolytes and appearing in genosha

since un mockup is in montreal and
fassbender isn't in montreal yet
then something is going on there that isn't
magneto since he is in genosha

seems like to me kinberg has been watcing wolverine and the x-men animated show before writing dark phoenix:woot:

If the Acolytes are going to be in this, I want to see Exodus, Chrome, Frenzy and Scanner. Though they'd probably end up as the silent henchmen.
I would love to see Exodus and Frenzy but not as silent henchmen, a reason why all of this shouldnt be squeezed into one film.

I just remember Dofp's ending and it made me realize what $+-; happened in this, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Beast, Xavier and Storm will survive the xperience. Which makes this prequel less xciting. Anyway, as much as I want them to kill off Raven and Erik, they'd probably just steal the show if that happens so eh.

I would love to see Exodus and Frenzy but not as silent henchmen, a reason why all of this shouldnt be squeezed into one film.

Frenzy is a fierce mutant.:ilv:

If they adapt Age of X into a movie, I would want to see her as the lead female character after Legacy.

I surprisingly find the idea of Magneto + Genosha + Acolytes very exciting, despite being tired of Magneto. Now the question is whether they're a big role in the story like Hellfire Club or if they're just some foes for the X-Men at the start of the movie that get Jean out of control. I hope its the latter, or I feel both Shi'ar and Acolytes will end up undercooked.

while i could be wrong.i could imagine dark phoenix starts off with magneto having turned genosha into safe haven for mutants.he isn't threatening world persay and he has mystique,quicksilver,and his acolytes at his side.i feel with report magneto is good guy and lilandra is film's "villian"
xavier may seek his help when sh'iar attack or x-men flee to genosha to seek aid

while i could be wrong.i could imagine dark phoenix starts off with magneto having turned genosha into safe haven for mutants.he isn't threatening world persay and he has mystique,quicksilver,and his acolytes at his side.
That would be cool.

Wonder if there's any chance of a comic con appearance this year

I like what I read from that Nerdist article

Genosha! Seems like a natural progression for Magneto after the events of Apocalypse

Hope we get something for SDCC

Wonder if there's any chance of a comic con appearance this year

I have heard talk fox isn't going to skip comic con like they did last year.still don't know if they will do anything for x-men since both deadpool 2 and dark phoenix just started filming and new mutants starts this month.

They can show concept art, idk, anything.

I am guessing magneto isn't gonna be a threat in this movie.

Germain from io9 and Dickey from Mashable say Fox will be at SDCC this year alongside Marvel and WB

Shawn Madden says the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"