Dark Phoenix X-Men Dark Phoenix SPOILER Discussion

Are there some flashbacks from the previous movies?

okay so, i'm sorry if this was already answered, but what happens in the charles/hank scene where hanks blame him? i'm really curious about it
Like TOB said, it’s kind of obvious. It starts off with Charles talking about how he first met Raven in that same kitchen and goes towards the obvious places.
When did you see the movie?
Not going to answer this one or anything like it as it’s a dead giveaway for production as to who I may be.

Icekid told me, at that stage, it looked similar to the lifeforce from Final Fantasy, only fire-colored with purple elements. Obviously that’s changed since to be much more pink. It only vaguely formed a phoenix shape
So it's more or less what we saw of the cosmic force in space from the trailers then.

Final Fantasy lifeforce:
4o8A.gif

Dark Phoenix cosmic space force: Dark Phoenix Every Hero Has A Dark Side TV Commercial 20th Century FOX - YouTube.png
X-MEN DARK PHOENIX Trailer 3 (2019) - YouTube.png
S  X-MEN DARK PHOENIX Trailer 3 (2019) - YouTube(1).png

The older version Kinberg was "asked" to re-render: Dark Phoenix Teaser Trailer [HD] 20th Century FOX.png
Dark Phoenix Teaser Trailer [HD] 20th Century FOX2.png

To lighten icekid’s load, I’ll continue to try and answer as much as possible. He (and my friend) saw a rough cut with early special effects, especially in the new, freshly-shot third act, which is where it will appear. Icekid told me, at that stage, it looked similar to the lifeforce from Final Fantasy, only fire-colored with purple elements. Obviously that’s changed since to be much more pink. It only vaguely formed a phoenix shape and it’s big moment is when Jean sacrifices herself to kill Chastain. She’s increasingly fiery throughout her big finale, though. There was no screech in that cut, but I’d imagine that’s something they could add in post, only it doesn’t really fit considering the godly Force doesn’t really identify as a phoenix. So, it’s likely it won’t be there at all.

That sucks!!! Once again us X-Men fans have been let down!

Sorry if this was already answered, but:

1. Can we see some history or context about the Phoenix Force origins in the movie? Can someone explain how they did it?

2. And why it chooses Jean? Or will be by casuality in the space and the aliens comes search for Grey?

Cause in the space scene, looks like Jean absorbs the Phoenix by will, to save her friends of the entity destructions. And not for let the Phoenix in to save them of other risk like the comics. And looks like the entity doesn't want to possess Jean. Idk, it just sound so casual and not meant to.

Please, clear it to me.

It’s never explicitly shown, but they don’t really shapeshift as much as they wear and adopt the skins of humans. They’re shown to be able to heal them.

Thank you. There was an interview where Kinberg said "as you see in the trailer, she [Chastain] can manipulate minds, so they see what she wants to". But you guys said here she's not a telepath and that that was an hologram, so?

Thank you. There was an interview where Kinberg said "as you see in the trailer, she [Chastain] can manipulate minds, so they see what she wants to". But you guys said here she's not a telepath and that that was an hologram, so?
Simon even said she [Chastain] has mind powers strong enough as Jean's.

Another question:

How is the characters flying?

Like Jean and Storm.

It's good or bad?

Can we see some good superhero landing?

Sorry if this was already answered, but:

1. Can we see some history or context about the Phoenix Force origins in the movie? Can someone explain how they did it?

2. And why it chooses Jean? Or will be by casuality in the space and the aliens comes search for Grey?

Cause in the space scene, looks like Jean absorbs the Phoenix by will, to save her friends of the entity destructions. And not for let the Phoenix in to save them of other risk like the comics. And looks like the entity doesn't want to possess Jean. Idk, it just sound so casual and not meant to.

Please, clear it to me.

None of it was addressed head on in the cut I saw aside form it being the force that created life.

Simon even said she [Chastain] has mind powers strong enough as Jean's.

She doesn’t, nor can I remember a quote from a Kinberg saying she has kind powers. Her mind just works differently than humans, which is why human telepaths can’t read it.

Another question:

How is the characters flying?

Like Jean and Storm.

It's good or bad?

Can we see some good superhero landing?

It’s okay, nothing to rave about but not as bad as we’ve seen from the franchise before. Chastain does a superhero landing in her entrance to the train fight.

@icekid, is the original full Phoenix look (naked body, lots of cracks and fiery hair) still in the movie?

Tha
Yes but differently than in the leaked trailer. This was answered a while ago.

Thank you very much. The only thing about this movie that makes me really disappointed is all the buzz they've made on Jessica's character, but she doesn't even have a name.

She doesn’t, nor can I remember a quote from a Kinberg saying she has kind powers. Her mind just works differently than humans, which is why human telepaths can’t read it.
"She definitely is mentally as strong as Jean. Jean cannot read her mind. Like you see in the trailer, she can manipulate others minds so that they see things that she wants them to see. But she has a whole suite of powers that we explore in the movie; some of them are mental and some of them are physical. There’s a whole sequence where she basically takes apart the X-Men".

The Kinberg Interview link: 'Dark Phoenix' director Simon Kinberg on the new trailer and the death of [SPOILER]

"She definitely is mentally as strong as Jean. Jean cannot read her mind. Like you see in the trailer, she can manipulate others minds so that they see things that she wants them to see. But she has a whole suite of powers that we explore in the movie; some of them are mental and some of them are physical. There’s a whole sequence where she basically takes apart the X-Men".

The Kinberg Interview link: 'Dark Phoenix' director Simon Kinberg on the new trailer and the death of [SPOILER]

Ehhh don’t know she he says that. She specifically says her mind can’t be read because her mind doesn’t work the same way a human mind does. That’s why Jean’s illusions don’t work in her as they do everyone else in the bar they’re in. She displays no other mental powers whatsoever.

Ehhh don’t know she he says that. She specifically says her mind can’t be read because her mind doesn’t work the same way a human mind does. That’s why Jean’s illusions don’t work in her as they do everyone else in the bar they’re in. She displays no other mental powers whatsoever.

My assumption is the projection/illusion she cast in the trailer when she says "look" and the room dissolves away would technically that would be a telepathic power.

I have some questions.

Do Jean and Scott interact when she is facing off against Chastain and the force is swirling around her?
I believing he original end shhe flies into space she says something like "I'm not Jean I am Pheonix".
Do we have Scott break through to her (something like reminding her she is human and loved) which causes her to decide to kill herself and Chastain?

Also how is jeans flying? Does she simply fly weightless like superman or does the "Pheonix Fire" surround her and create a trail like Cap Marvel binary/human torch?

My assumption is the projection/illusion she cast in the trailer when she says "look" and the room dissolves away would technically that would be a telepathic power.

Except it’s not. It’s a result of alien technology in their base.

I have some questions.

Do Jean and Scott interact when she is facing off against Chastain and the force is swirling around her?
subtly, yes.
I believing he original end shhe flies into space she says something like "I'm not Jean I am Pheonix".
Do we have Scott break through to her (something like reminding her she is human and loved) which causes her to decide to kill herself and Chastain?
. Exactly that. Also no “I am Phoenix” in this cut as she would have basically named herself that after a student calling her that.
Also how is jeans flying? Does she simply fly weightless like superman or does the "Pheonix Fire" surround her and create a trail like Cap Marvel binary/human torch?
No trail. When we see her fly earlier in the movie there’s no force around her. Just classic Jean Grey flight. Later it’s more of a weightless thing with the force around her.

So basically the aliens have no name, as well as Chastain? Why that? I was expecting some cool canon name for them.

Yeah, I agree. And it’s highly unlikely, but maybe they have additional, informative material for the final cut that wasn’t shown in tests... but I really doubt it. We know who Chastain’s character and her alien army were conceived as. But, alas, not much of that made the cut.

Part of me likes that they’ve been left kind of ambiguous. That way the audience can project their own imaginations onto them. They can be Skrulls if you want them to be. Hell, they could even be the Shi’ar if you want them to be. Or maybe they’re the Brood? On the other hand, I would’ve respected if they just had the balls to pick one and run with it completely. Either way, Chastain needed to be someone. I think with a few minor tweaks, she could’ve been a satisfying Lilandra or maybe a personification of the Force itself, but, hey, it is what it is. It’s just a shame Simon couldn’t go with what he really wanted to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"