Days of Future Past X-Men: Days of Future Past Countdown Thread

Sorry :D
I think the panels with Sebastian Shaw were from Uncanny X-Men 210, the other pannel with the Hellfire Club was probably from a Marvel magazine

It was Uncanny X-Men 134, part of the Dark Pheonix Saga :yay: !

Oh, thanks. Sorry for the false information Angamb :D

2 years to go???? I might be married, pregnant, or with a kid by then! I mean, it's weird to wonder what will be of my life until then. Too long to go...

2 years to go???? I might be married, pregnant, or with a kid by then! I mean, it's weird to wonder what will be of my life until then. Too long to go...

Well The Wolverine will be released next year, so its not really a long wait unlike before that we had to wait 3 years for another X-Men movie. The gap between the X-Men movies are getting smaller and smaller.:woot:

Between The Wolverine and Days of Future Past, we should have a steady stream of X-Men related news for the next two years.

Can a mod please change the title of this thread to "X-Men: Days of Future Past Countdown Thread" please?

Day 13
Another interesting comic that must have served as a major inspiration for the first film
Giantsize1.jpg

It featured a newly created team of X-Men that were sent to save the original in an island.

Day 14
Now for the comic that inspired X-2: X-Men United

I would actually like to see the 3 different X-Men film series being produced at the same time and one X-film appearing almost every year with X-Men: First Class sequels, Wolverine movies, and X-Men 4 and 5.
Day 15
X-Men: The Last Stand was influenced by 2 storylines, first one is

XMen135.jpg

@Lord... does it mean you're going to be on the SSH-Forum every day until the release? Wow, that's dedication... :)

Well, i'll try to be around as long as i can. :D
But there will be day where i won't be able to post here, and this month i won't be around for an entire week or more, so i'll try to post here as much as i can :)

amazing title for an xmen film. too bad the series is FUBAR.

Day 16
Astonishing-X-Men-Gifted.jpg

Which inspired the cure plotline of the 3rd film.

Day 17
Let's move on to the stories that inspired X-Men Origins: Wolverine
First one is

Wolverine_origin1.jpg

Which issues/arcs inspired First Class most you think?

You'll see when we get there ;)
But like with the first X-Men movie it was an original story that took elements from various stories.

What I figured. I like how the films haven't tried to be literal adaptations. It's angered some people but the comics should be the comics and the movies should be the movies.

X-Men 2 was actually as close to a literal adaptation as you can get, and it worked very well, the same seems to be what will happen with X-Men: Days of Future Past

X-Men 2 was actually as close to a literal adaptation as you can get, and it worked very well, the same seems to be what will happen with X-Men: Days of Future Past

& hopefully, The Wolverine as well.

Well on the cover for "God Loves, Man Kills" you posted, Cyclops can clearly be seen, y'know...doing something. So X2 wasn't that literal of an adaptation. :woot:

Cyclops spent a lot of story being a prisoner of Stryker.In comic he,Storm,and Xavier were captured by Stryker.It wasn't a shock In God Loves Man Kills adaptian to see Cyclops spend a lot of time as Prisoner of Stryker.

Well, Cyclops was aparently going to do more in the adaptation of Dark Phoenix, until Bryan Singer left and they gave the role to Wolverine, they also cut the Hellfire Club from the film too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"