Days of Future Past X-Men: First Class Easter Egg & Reference Thread... (*SPOILERS*)

Those are fairly minor and many can be explained - i.e. Xavier and Erik at some point reconciled between XFC and the rest of the films, thus making it possible that they both recruited Jean and Magneto helped make Cerebro. Calling it a "total reboot" is an overstatement.

Really? So you think that Xavier and Magneto reconciled, Xavier regained the use of his legs, lost his hair, and the two went out and recruited the X-Men, and then somehow Xavier lost the use of his legs again? And that Xavier forgot about Magneto's helmet that blocks his powers?

To be honest...

Magneto and Xavier really never ended the first film as enemies. They ended the film almost as a broken friendship.

Plus, if you notice that the Helmet Magneto rocks at the end of the film and the helmet he uses during the original trilogy are not the same at all, means at some point, his helmet is destroyed. So its not hard to think that maybe Xavier doesn't know he has another one ready to go.

Plus its the X-Men, Xavier went from cripple to walking maybe every other 5 years in the comics. The bald thing i just dont get from people...why are they so wanting to see a bald Xavier when he is young, its not like he has cancer.

Really? So you think that Xavier and Magneto reconciled, Xavier regained the use of his legs, lost his hair, and the two went out and recruited the X-Men, and then somehow Xavier lost the use of his legs again? And that Xavier forgot about Magneto's helmet that blocks his powers?

You'll notice I didn't mention the walking, hair and helmet issues because those are simply inconsistent. But they are all minor issues that do not make XFC a "reboot". I do think Xavier and Magneto could reconcile, though. I don't think it's highly likely, but if done right, it could work.

Frankly I'm not too concerned with the fine details of continuity. XFC leads into X1 generally and tells a fairly coherent story at least through X2. From X3 on, it gets hazier, although things like Beast's story fit nicely.

Just saw it yesterday and got two more things:

When Charles gets inside Emma's mind, she has a vision of Shaw in the future, with Washington completely destroyed. The coat that Shaw's wearing there is quite similar to the one that he uses in the comics.
The costumes are inside a box marked with an X. In the First Class comics, that's where they put their costumes when they need to be fixed.

Oh, and speaking of curses, in the Argentina secuence there's a curseword in spanish, the bartender says: "¡Quieto, cabrón!" which means something like "Stop, motherf***er!"

I read somewhere that there is a Dazzler cameo in the cerebro scene as well.

Well Stan wasn't in X2 either and that is probably tied or second best X-Men film as well. So maybe there is some type of theory of not having Stan in these X films. lol
Stan also wasn't in "Wolverine"...but to be fair, I guess that doesn't count since none of the characters in that movie were created by him save for Blob, Cyclops, and Xavier.

When Dawin and Havok are playings the pin ball machine and Havok is getting a super high score Darwin says "Jesus Man You Are Killing Me"

Nice bit of foreshadowing

I dont know if this counts but.

--when Banshee rises out of the water with arms out, it reminded me of Jean/phoenix rising out of the water in the comics/TAS.

Another one:Magnus pulling the sub out of the water .
In Uncanny 150, he pulled the Russian sub Leningrad out of the water.

Another one:Magnus pulling the sub out of the water .
In Uncanny 150, he pulled the Russian sub Leningrad out of the water.
I literally just watched the episode of the X-Men animated series where Magneto lifts a ship out of the water... :woot:

When Dawin and Havok are playings the pin ball machine and Havok is getting a super high score Darwin says "Jesus Man You Are Killing Me"

Nice bit of foreshadowing

Also, Darwin is the one to ask Havok about his powers.

Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet,

When Hank is about to take Raven's blood, you see a plate of Twinkies underneath.

In the comics Beast loves him some Twinkies.

Oh wow that's awesome!

Probably said, and noticed, but Charles paraphrases his opening monologue from X-men and Jean's monologue from X2: X-men United in the bars to pick up chicks...

Nice throw back, I thought....showing how he grows and matures just by his use of that speech throughout his life....

-R

When Mystique is in Magento's bed. And he says maybe in a few years, she changes her appearance to become Rebecca Romijn.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but when Xavier is first bringing Havok into the bunker, he tells him that his step father built it. Thought that was a tiny, yet cool fact kept over from the comics. Not the bunker but that Charles grew up with a step father and not his real dad.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but when Xavier is first bringing Havok into the bunker, he tells him that his step father built it. Thought that was a tiny, yet cool fact kept over from the comics. Not the bunker but that Charles grew up with a step father and not his real dad.

Which is something I REALLY wish they had touched on, being an origin film for Charles Xavier.... I would have liked a mention of Cain Marko and Charles' step father, SOMEWHERE....that was one of the bigger missed opportunities the film had... I realize what kind of a movie they wanted to make, and this wasn't a choice they made, but they could have mentioned it so that a REAL version of Juggernaut could appear in a sequel, as Xavier's half brother he's much more compelling. It would seem silly to squeeze his origin in as an "oh by the way, he had a brother we failed to show you" in a sequel if they were to have him...

But yeah, I wish he'd been referenced...

Great movie never-the-less, I understand you can't include everything...

-R

Nah, I don't think they needed to bring any of that up unless it was going to be used in the film somewhere. Otherwise it would've felt extremely forced.

I don't mind the lack of Cain Marko because they barely showed anything about Xaviers past at all. I don't think it would be too much to just open the sequel with a scene of Xavier and Marko as children.

Yeah, I don't mind seeing a slightly younger Juggernaut in a sequel, but jeez, that would further and much more greatly impede on the events established in X3. Even though he's probably one of the more beloved and recognizable villain, I'd rather they just not even deal with the character. At least not yet. I'd like to see more with Frost and Mystique...if they choose to bring that group back.

I think its very easy to have Juggernaut appear in a First Class sequel without it affecting X3. Juggernaut isn't willing to stop until he kills Xavier. Charles doesn't want to kill Marko but he doesn't want him hunting him for the rest of his life. So he wipes Marko's memories of their relationship after he takes him down. Magneto and the Brotherhood never meet Marko in the film. If any X-Men from X3 are in the film they are told never to bring it up again because they might make Marko remember. Problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"