Days of Future Past X-Men: First Class Easter Egg & Reference Thread... (*SPOILERS*)

I also just saw this movie the other night on Blu Ray. It's kind of fun to go back after the fact and read about some of these cameos.

I totally missed that the "older" Raven was actually Rebecca. Pretty cool.

Yeah, I didn't get that it was Rebecca at first when I saw her. I thought it was just a morph of Jennifer. Only when I paused it did I see.

At first I didn't think it was Rebecca. I thought it was that milf from American Pie !

Can anyone please tell me what a "easter egg" is ?

it's a little nod to the fans, it can be words, objects, names, actors, or characters.

Examples:

-In Iron Man 2, there are images of The Hulk, Cosmic Cube and Captain America's Shield, as well as a map with many "marks" on famous marvel locations (atlantis, wakanda, new york, latveria, the savage land, etc..)

-In X-men first class... there's references to Xavier going bald, Wolverine appears, as does rebecca romaijn who played mystique in 3 avenger films

-In X2, several mutants within the marvel universe appear on strykers computers

-In Captain America, the original human torch is shown in a tube at the science fair

-In The Hulk movies, the original actor to play the hulk (Lou Ferrigno) appears in both.

-Stan Lee cameo's in most of marvel's films

-Several famous marvel artifacts appear in Odin's vault in Thor.

Can anyone please tell me what a "easter egg" is ?

It's a reference to those games where you have to find the Easter eggs.

In films, it's like a little treat that is hidden or in the background or not obviously stated. Things that most regular filmgoers wouldn't notice at all.

I'm not sure Rebecca Romijn's appearance is an Easter egg, I'd say it's more of a cameo, especially because everyone at the media screening i went to recognised who it was. An Easter egg, I think, is more subtle than that and aimed at the hardcore fans.

The appearance of Storm and Cyclops in the Cerebro sequence is more of an Easter egg. The maps in Iron Man 2 that showed Wakanda and Atlantis also fall into that category.

It's a reference to those games where you have to find the Easter eggs.

In films, it's like a little treat that is hidden or in the background or not obviously stated. Things that most regular filmgoers wouldn't notice at all.

I'm not sure Rebecca Romijn's appearance is an Easter egg, I'd say it's more of a cameo, especially because everyone at the media screening i went to recognised who it was. An Easter egg, I think, is more subtle than that and aimed at the hardcore fans.

The appearance of Storm and Cyclops in the Cerebro sequence is more of an Easter egg. The maps in Iron Man 2 that showed Wakanda and Atlantis also fall into that category.

meh, cameo's are just easter eggs in the form of an actor....

Yeah the cameos are cameos, not easter eggs.
But speaking of easter eggs, has anyone any on the DVD/bluray itself?

Saw the movie for DVD earlier tonight and loved the funny interactions with the X-team but what's so special about Micheal Ironside and James Remar being U.S. Navy military leaders? Plus I think Ray Wise was the fictional vice president or something in the movie?

What's so great about them showing up in the movie anyway?
I don't think there was anything special about them showing up, in terms of it being a Easter Egg, or being a reference to anything....

but, it was just nice to see that even small roles were filled with known actors, and not just random extras or unknown... in speaks to the quality of the film, an that these actors wanted to be apart of it, even in smaller roles

At first I didn't think it was Rebecca. I thought it was that milf from American Pie !

She definitely did look like that MILF. I thought the same thing when I saw her change.

-In X-men first class... there's references to Xavier going bald, Wolverine appears, as does rebecca romaijn who played mystique in 3 avenger films

:huh:

Can anyone say if these are mentioned in the special features by the filmmakers at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"