X-Men - Part 8

Cyclops is great, D-Bag or not. I'm glad that he's dead so that other characters get a chance to shine, though. One of the exciting things about Uncanny Disassembled is that it's a big event without Cyclops or Wolverine.

The worst thing is when they write Kitty Pryde like a Cyclops level D-Bag.
you mean 90% of the time she appears?

so is disassembled out yet or not? It's a 10 part event in the uncanny line is that right?
No. Uncanny hasnt debuted yet and wont for another month

you mean 90% of the time she appears?

Yeah exactly. Kitty Pryde leading the X-men could have been interesting and fun, but she barked orders and made decisions just like Cyclops would.

Yeah exactly. Kitty Pryde leading the X-men could have been interesting and fun, but she barked orders and made decisions just like Cyclops would.
yeah well that should tell us something about the current up & coming writers and the editor then. as to
what was said about him being D Bag. marvel stance is they(nearly all the characters) are willing to turn a good lot of the heroes into to d bag's cause they don't know what people are talking when it's used.

otherwise they wouldn't had the heroes be the worst they were to each otherand the public since the first civil war started and tony's illimilanty and hawkeye not telling the avenger's that the phoenix Five saved him from death after he kidnapped students all the way to his killing Bruce Banner . again a good lot of them are on that list sadly.

it may be only few that are like spider man fire star with her on&off again fiance justice rick rider nova, Luke cage his wife & iron fist 7 the teen champios are decent peep's
Do_rYhjXsAAGrJc.jpg

but all the others fall as D bags there now & days sadly. And it was planned out since the time joe Q made the order of no one other then Reed & sue should be married if thwy in their mid to late 20's. there was an edict to make them all D bag's too it seem's. and it went through 2017 and is still some what here .

it was in one of the many "cup of joe "interviews to him the 80's were best when the heroes didn't know if thy can trust each other.. translation D bag's and we got load of it.

It's why I don't like their idea of the 80's .Then again I don't care for all those people that always want to bring that period back.

No one decade was greater then the other. They all had ups and down's ,good's & bads. what's funnyer is everytime they go into detail and say the stuff theydislikee they find out that stuff they dislike started in the 80's too.what a bunch. oy.

Last edited:
hawkeye not telling the avenger's that the phoenix Five saved him from death after he kidnapped students

Man I'm glad I didn't read AvX

What does everyone think have been the good and bad "Event Books" of the last two decades
for me, the Good:
-Civil War (I know, controversial, but it just made me love Cap so much, and McNiven's art was gorgeous)
-House of M
-Secret Wars
-Second Coming/Messiah Complex
-Annihilation

Ok:
-Infinity
-Schism
-Siege
-Secret Invasion

Bad:
-CW II
-Fear Itself
-AvX
-Axis
-Secret Empire

I havent read everything but out of the ones I've read:

Great
House of M: Great art, I love Magneto family drama, and the premise was fun. The story both messed up the X-books and made for some interesting stories
Messiah Complex: I started reading comics regularly when Messiah Complex started. The high stakes sell this event and it was fun seeing X-Factor and New X-men tie into a big event.
Second Coming: Utopia Cyclops during his prime, the best survival story, and multi-layered strategies on display.
Secret Wars: Really good high end Hickman sci-fi with lots of great Battleworld stories.

Meh:
Civil War: Characters were wonky but I can't deny its legacy
Battle of the Atom: I don't hate this as much as most. It was definitely meandering but had a good amount of intrigue along the ride.
Schism: This event put Wolverine in a ridiculously hypocritical role. I really liked the Mutant Museum, though.
Fear Itself: Fun and dumb. The Uncanny X-men tie-in is one of the most fun displays of teamwork ever. I hope movie writers take notes during these issues
Secret Empire: The controversy was exaggerated but the event kinda fizzled.

Terrible:
Axis: I couldnt even get through this. I would say this is the worst of the worst. Inversion remains entirely stupid, not to mention the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch retcons
AvX: What a bizarre ending to a long era of X-men stories. I hate the Avengers for a while after this. Hope needed to be trained by Iron Fist and Spider-man...? Ok? Phoenix 5 designs were sweet though
Civil War II: I already don't like Captain Marvel and this event didn't help. Event fatigue at its worst.

I don't completely love the team, but I do love that art... I'd like Logan and any other smart guy besides Beast, but otherwise its some of my faves

Meh:
Schism: This event put Wolverine in a ridiculously hypocritical role. I really liked the Mutant Museum, though.

I still don't see it that way, Logan had just killed his own children without knowing, finally felt more fatherly towards laura, and had gone through all the X-Force stuff with Evan... he was perfectly positioned at that moment to say "this is enough, children deserve a chance to not be soldiers"
He continued his violent ways, yes, because that's who he is, but he felt that was his responsibility, and not one the kids should be forced to bear... he wanted the kids at his school to have options

My issue with Schism was only that it boiled down to
"Jean loved me!"
"no she loved me!"
schoolyard bulls**t

I still don't see it that way, Logan had just killed his own children without knowing, finally felt more fatherly towards laura, and had gone through all the X-Force stuff with Evan... he was perfectly positioned at that moment to say "this is enough, children deserve a chance to not be soldiers"
He continued his violent ways, yes, because that's who he is, but he felt that was his responsibility, and not one the kids should be forced to bear... he wanted the kids at his school to have options

"Jean loved me!"
"no she loved me!"
schoolyard bulls**t
I guess it makes sense if you read Wolverine's solos but I didnt and didnt know this until now as the event never delved into that with Logan. He just came across bad without that context

That's true
UXF and Wolvie's solos set him up perfectly

all the other Marvel books, including Avengers and later in AvX they had him acting like a total hypocrite
but if you mainly read the x-books and wolverine, it made a lot more sense

I blame it on editorial, Aaron did good work with him

IvX was pretty good Xcept for the last issue. PhoeniX Resurrection is forgettable and was quickly done, didn't feel like an event that it should have been.

Out of the main group the Uncanny covers have been promoting (Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, X23, Iceman, Cannonball, Beast, Jubilee, Psylocke, and Bishop), I would replace Psylocke with Dani Moonstar (if she wasnt currently "busy") and Beast with Prodigy. But overall, I'm really excited for this team.

"Jean loved me!"
"no she loved me!"
schoolyard bulls**t

Yeah this was gross. Ugh, I changed my mind, the event is terrible

IvX was pretty good Xcept for the last issue. PhoeniX Resurrection is forgettable and was quickly done, didn't feel like an event that it should have been.
IvX was only good for the first issue where Emma's plan came to fruition. It was hot garbage after that as the premise behind the entire event made absolutely no sense. That entire era can get thrown away and ultimately was a waste of time. It was the X-men at their absolute worse

Out of the main group the Uncanny covers have been promoting (Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, X23, Iceman, Cannonball, Beast, Jubilee, Psylocke, and Bishop), I would replace Psylocke with Dani Moonstar (if she wasnt currently "busy") and Beast with Prodigy. But overall, I'm really excited for this team.
I dint even notice but that team on the latest cover is a good mix of the Blue and Gold teams from the 90s (with Laura in place of Logan)

Gold + Blue fits with the 90s revamp we are apparently experiencing (X-Force, Age of X-man, etc).

I do need to read Aaron's run on Wolverine someday. Wolverine and the X-men turned out so much better than what I was expecting.

I havent read everything but out of the ones I've read:

Great
House of M: Great art, I love Magneto family drama, and the premise was fun. The story both messed up the X-books and made for some interesting stories
Messiah Complex: I started reading comics regularly when Messiah Complex started. The high stakes sell this event and it was fun seeing X-Factor and New X-men tie into a big event.
Second Coming: Utopia Cyclops during his prime, the best survival story, and multi-layered strategies on display.
Secret Wars: Really good high end Hickman sci-fi with lots of great Battleworld stories.

Meh:
Civil War: Characters were wonky but I can't deny its legacy
Battle of the Atom: I don't hate this as much as most. It was definitely meandering but had a good amount of intrigue along the ride.
Fear Itself: Fun and dumb. The Uncanny X-men tie-in is one of the most fun displays of teamwork ever. I hope movie writers take notes during these issues
Secret Empire: The controversy was exaggerated but the event kinda fizzled.

Terrible:
Axis: I couldnt even get through this. I would say this is the worst of the worst. Inversion remains entirely stupid, not to mention the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch retcons
AvX: What a bizarre ending to a long era of X-men stories. I hate the Avengers for a while after this. Hope needed to be trained by Iron Fist and Spider-man...? Ok? Phoenix 5 designs were sweet though
Civil War II: I already don't like Captain Marvel and this event didn't help. Event fatigue at its worst.

I agree with every thing you said. but I have make one correction. I belive you mean "Sarlet witch" and iron fist. Spiderman had nothing do do with hopes teaching/ traing her to control the phoenix force which the orginal goal of the X-men from the jump. & captain american made the mistake of only asking wolverine. when Xaiver was phoenix force Avitar inthe pages of the Xbooks when he was with lilandra after leaving the new mutants inthe care of magneto andhe need to heal in shi' re hostpital felilitys

and captain britan who work with rachel summer in excaliber should have been asked aboutthe phoenix force. and if it was trully a danger to the world/ planet. it's not until you bugg it like some messing around with a bee hive. but nope he asked th wrong person when he should have asked people with better experince with it. yeah that included beast. AVX was terrible.

yes that story failed in alot of ways .

and on shism I never liked it for the reason both you board guy came to the conclustion after this post you made . I've always said that stupid fist fight Endanerged the student's in this thread and other's I remeber sithborg discussing with about what happend inthe wolverine books and I have the issue thanks to my youngest sister but truth be told schim is terrable for alot of reason as you said and the fact that after wards he is seen at times still going kids in fit of rage. no matther what that fist fight endangered student with a walking time bomb in whichthe writer treated like what goes down in both a sailor moon or power rangers show where moster/ villain is going go ahead take your time to transform into your hero costume I'm here watching til you destroy me.

I may make sound funny by saying that. but imagen if it was one of evoling sentinels that start to pick up speed or decisded to fly.

the point is therewas no other way to get off iland of utopia and wolverine was wast their time screeming cyclops and the student saw this but wolverine refused to come up with solotions. most ofthe senor X-men are knocked . all their transportation gear is broken howare they gonna run with somany people /student that won't make it off cause ofthe blast radius? nope I'll fist fight for a school yard fight of reason. now that have off my chest.

I'm gonna add to your already nearly perfect list here.

I was dicussion with my sister there was an even in avengers very siomilar to the stupid Shism. it was when steve was in his Geriactric mode and he got into itwith tony fist fight wise post Civil war one. this was the story arch time run's out.

But i'm go through stuff lead to all this .

ok first the story line Age of Ultorn which the MCU movie only took the name from but it was in the comic's Sue storm richard think up the plan to stop hank pimp from creating ultron but she makes the mistake of taking wolverine with her. after many year of storm telling wolverine not solve every thing with his claws. wolverine plan with out telling sue his solution was to claw pimp to death befor pimp can creat ultron. this happen ontehri time travel and sue was happy with it soe they had to make a second time travel trip to save pimp from being killed by wolverine.

sadly all that time trvel weakend the wall of reality and tis allowed for the ultime verse incursion.

and this is partal what lead doctor doom creating break world across the universe.

this also had tony's insain band the avengers Illumilanty to come up withthe plan to blow up every planet int the universe they live captain america joined them at this after beast joined (in Xaiver death) the Illumilanty decide to mind wipe cap using doctory strang's magic cause they notice he wasn't in agree with them and iron begrudling agreeed cause balck pather too control from him at the time .

This lead to orginal sin old man Steave roger's who's been with shield remembered and for some reasonhis focus was mostly on tony. the lesson that was lern in civil war for both was forgotten. the lesson was two fold tony should have protectedthe super hero comunity identy's insstead of letting gistration act be the was it was.

cap's lession was that during the fight wasthat the people of earth the normal people just wanted to feel safe&know they were safe.
again the lession was for gotten cause like what happened in shism the world was end in this story arch and Cap decideed to have fist fight on a hill with tony. people were dying the sky was falling the floor benith their feet was crumbling and all that matter was the fist fight between those two. and their plenty ofother in the ilumilanyt to blame. as my youngest sister it was in his most un heroic before the red skull came and supposed turned young again and replaced with nazi creation of captain america that lead to secret Empire.

duringthe incursion of the ultimate vers the one thatwere the heroes were Doctor strange Spider man Cyclops that found the pheonix force for the second time and others like the two thors.

sadly they were defect by doom who had the power of more then millon cosmic cube's and he created break world.

point is alot of the heroes post civilar one did D bag thing to each other as I listed for the worst reason possble . sadly they didn't got to jail for it with out trial . they should have withatiral but they didn't. but thelot of them are D bag's & indeed hypocritical people.

Not to forget what Scartlet witch from the jump of which she's an avenger.

lastly I've never seen the X-Men as soilders causeo of how xaiver got itno this and his first contact's were the FBI as oversite and then sheild and The super hero commision that val coopeer was a part of . his villain were crimenal inthat were makeing kids's steal like the shadow kind and forceing kid's into slavery like what the shadow king did to storm one ofthe first kids xavier saved befo forming the X-men. they were doing literal cirmes not war zone. the whole soilder thing dosn't compute. that came in with ling field's thing when xforce was made. xaiver wasn't into making an army or soilders. other wise he wouldn't have had conflit with X-force being made initally. and there were too many hint's inthe book that Xvaiver never treated them as such when cyclops mention how xaiver never dissallowed to have relationship in the organization. one of themany hint's that he never wanted them to be soilders. he want villan to be stopped and he made clear with power mutant like magnito groups worked and the only other reason he made them was that he was wheel chair bound due to stoping lucifer's crimes of stealing gold and kidnapping legion's mom who xaviver was invoved with romantically. all thing that had nothing to do with war.

kitty stated the X-men are his secret warrior's / agents in his own stead.

Last edited:
I do need to read Aaron's run on Wolverine someday. Wolverine and the X-men turned out so much better than what I was expecting.
really? It got worse IMO. I thought it started off great but AvX killed its momentum and my interest in the series. I dropped it then so dont know if it got better

I think they're referring mostly to the first year of W&tXM, which was fantastic.
Aaron's run starting with Get Mystique through Wolverine: Weapon X then the main Wolverine title and finally W&tXM was all great, and only started to fade in year 2

but you take those books and Remender's Uncanny X-force, and you have an amazing run of Wolverine stories that, like I said, set him up perfectly for Schism
unfortunately, Aaron's execution on Schism itself just wasn't so great

And yeah, AvX damn nearly killed the whole x-line

any way on to something more positive (instead of realizing how many of the heroes have become D-bag's) I forgot about these two X writers and their up coming books one's what if about Magik the other are X-men black books with Emma & Mystique

the two female writers are also feathered in the women of marvel panels

hqdefault.jpg

Writers Seanan McGuire and Leah Williams stop by Marvel LIVE at NYCC 2018!
480 views 3 days ago Published on 6 Oct 2018

We welcomed Domino writer Leah Williams and X-Men writer Seanan McGuire to the Marvel LIVE booth at New York Comic Con 2018!

oh and here's another lady from the Women of marvel

hqdefault.jpg

Celia Keenan-Bolger on Wolverine: The Long Night's unique recording sessions | Women of Marvel
1.1K views 46 minutes ago Published on 10 Oct 2018

Women of Marvel host Judy Stephens talks with Celia Keenan-Bolger, voice of Agent Sally Pierce in “Wolverine: The Long Night,” about how recording scenes for this podcast differed from her previous voice acting experience.

source: Marvel Entertainment Youtube channel

I think they're referring mostly to the first year of W&tXM, which was fantastic.
Aaron's run starting with Get Mystique through Wolverine: Weapon X then the main Wolverine title and finally W&tXM was all great, and only started to fade in year 2

but you take those books and Remender's Uncanny X-force, and you have an amazing run of Wolverine stories that, like I said, set him up perfectly for Schism
unfortunately, Aaron's execution on Schism itself just wasn't so great

And yeah, AvX damn nearly killed the whole x-line
It should have lasted for 3 issues of WATX, max. The thing went on for 10 damn issues. One thing I appreciate about Marvel now is the shorter events and limiting the amount of tie-ins. No crossover needs to last for almost a year. AvX could have been a better story had it been more contained. There was just too much and most of it unnecessary fluff

I hope they can keep this 1 x team title for the entire 2019, not counting solos and splinters. Though 4 issues per month seem a bit much.

So is the main team: Jean, Storm, Bishop, Iceman, and Psylocke, and the others we've seen on the covers (X-23, Beast, Nightcrawler, Jubilee) will rotate like the current Avengers roster?... or is this team going to be huge and just encapsulate all of the x-people??

So is the main team: Jean, Storm, Bishop, Iceman, and Psylocke, and the others we've seen on the covers (X-23, Beast, Nightcrawler, Jubilee) will rotate like the current Avengers roster?... or is this team going to be huge and just encapsulate all of the x-people??
There will be dozens of characters seen, but the 10 on the main cover will be the core roster

I agree with every thing you said. but I have make one correction. I belive you mean "Sarlet witch" and iron fist. Spiderman had nothing do do with hopes teaching/ traing her to control the phoenix force which the orginal goal of the X-men from the jump. & captain american made the mistake of only asking wolverine. when Xaiver was phoenix force Avitar inthe pages of the Xbooks when he was with lilandra after leaving the new mutants inthe care of magneto andhe need to heal in shi' re hostpital felilitys

I vaguely recall Hope learning "with great power, comes great responsibility" from Spider-man and that being justification for why it was good that the Avengers took Hope. But it has been awhile, so I could definitely be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"