X-Men - Part 8

The questioner is missing out in a lot of things as he would be clueless to the things that happened in 5 to 6 decades of X-Men stories. I haven't read a lot of the comics of 60s to 80s because the artwork is dated but I feel I am missing out things that happened on those comics. I kinda feel clueless when someone brings up a certain issue if I haven't read it.
He says he isnt new to the X-men which means he has already read or is well aware of alot of that stuff. It is completely unecesary to track and read up on 6 decades worth of story. He specifically asked if Uncanny is a good starting point and the current volume most definitely is as its a reset to the line that he is only 3-4 months behind on. Its far better advice to start from there and catch up on old stuff at his own pace

The newer stuff can wait, I haven't read Uncanny 11 and the Age of X-man issues. But catching up to them is not gonna be as time consuming as to binge reading the older comics. Imo, Like i did in the past, start with the older comics.

Does anyone know who this guy is? I used to have this figure when I was younger and had no clue who he was

9711357C-FF48-458E-AB7A-CDA29E8A8366.png

Jonathan Hickman may be coming back to Marvel this summer to do an X-book.

Last week an ad ran that said, “When two aggressive species share the same environment, evolution demands adaptation or dominance.”

Here's this week's ad:
marvel-hickman-ad-1163591.jpeg

If so, this may be the first time I'm genuinely excited about a Marvel comic since Hickman left the company in 2016.

This could also be for an Eternals comic since that IP is getting a film.

The X-men need a talented writer with longterm goals for the X-men to tell a story in a flagship book for 50-100 issues. The instability of the core books is tiring. Hickman would bring that longterm story telling, but I'd rather the X-books not be stewarded by another straight white guy.

Wow. I have to say I like this relaunch of Uncanny X-Men. I just read the last five issues. I still think they are repeatedly recycling villains but the story arcs are interesting. I liked the first story arc with X-man and I liked that they featured Sage as one of the psychic warriors.

I'm liking the team of Cyclops. Wolfsbane and Multiple Man are like the last two major members from their splinter team, to join the main X-Men. I haven't seen them that much in the other issues I've read before so its nice. I'd rather see someone old joined the team than a new face that wouldn't be used after a year. I'm interested to see how many villains will they face in this story arc.

I might read Age of X-Man nXt.

We’ll find out the future of the X-books tomorrow!

Last edited:
I've just read Age of X-Man alpha, X-Tremists and Prisoner X. I've also skimmed X-Tracts and NeXtGen. The only issues that I havent read are the first two issues of Marvelous and so far my thoughts are meh.

It feels like an eXpanded version of Age of X but less interesting and I liked Age of X. So some of the characters will remember their true reality yet again and of course that leads for their return to the real world. How original.

Another year, another relaunch, another statuo... just what I needed. lmao there's always a new gimmick. House of X and Powers of X sound ridiculous.

Are these going to be the only two XMen titles? It makes the stuff now kind of worthless if another it’s going to change in 3 months. Seems like an unneccary reboot.

Are these going to be the only two XMen titles? It makes the stuff now kind of worthless if another it’s going to change in 3 months. Seems like an unneccary reboot.

Apparently, Uncanny will continue alongside Hickman's books. It makes sense that something big will come out after AoXm.

Thats great if Uncanny continues, that title should remain for decades without a freaking relaunch.

The problem with Marvel is they don't give the readers a lot of time to digest the recent event/s. After 1 event is done, the nXt one starts in 1 month. A lot of these events would feel a lot more special, if they do it once every 2 to 3 years. And the event usually features a recycled villain and a concept that they have already done before. So it really feels like a gimmick to get a boost from sales.

HOUSE OF X
eFFZ6v9.jpg

POWERS OF X
kI9CUiJ.jpg

Beautiful art. PoX looks fresh and different.

Not really. Looks like they just mix-mashed eXisting characters. Hardly fresh imo.

PoX features primarily new and or barely used characters. It does look fresh and different

PoX features primarily new and or barely used characters. It does look fresh and different
Which barely used characters are they using in this Powers of X.

The one in the middle looks like an alternate reality version of Magik.

While the House of X cover just shows their most popular characters.

Which barely used characters are they using in this Powers of X.

The one in the middle looks like an alternate reality version of Magik.

While the House of X cover just shows their most popular characters.
thats not Magik. They've confirmed its a brand new character.

Moira hasnt been seen and used in over a decade. Nimrod has been MIA for a while as well.

Speculation is that is Karima at the bottom. The roster for this book is very original

And I said that "new' character looks like a mix mash of previous characters, how is eXactly that refreshing? and oh they are gonna resurrect another dead character? Nimrod is an old villain and the comics have been recycling villains for a while now. the only good thing you've said is reusing Karima.

And I said that "new' character looks like a mix mash of previous characters, how is eXactly that refreshing? and oh they are gonna resurrect another dead character? Nimrod is an old villain and the comics have been recycling villains for a while now. the only good thing you've said is reusing Karima.
She's mot a mashup. They've said she is original and this isnt an Infinity Warps situation. I think you are complaining just to complain bc this lineup is orignial despite your issues with it

I said she looks like a mix mash. You really don't see the Magik similarity with that sword and the design of her arm? Its like the lost relative of Colossus and Magik. And how am I not gonna complain when this doesn't look completely original to me. They literally take everything from previous X books now, they resurrect dead characters for the hundredth time, they don't create new villains that don't look like a previous character, and they want to call it fresh, i don't think so. And house of X is basically showing the most popular characters.

Last edited:
I said she looks like a mix mash. You really don't see the Magik similarity with that sword and the design of her arm? Its like the lost relative of Colossus and Magik. And how am I not gonna complain when this doesn't look completely original to me. They literally take everything from previous X books now, they resurrect dead characters for the hundredth time, they don't create new villains that don't look like a previous character, and they want to call it fresh, i don't think so. And house of X is basically showing the most popular characters.
Obviously there are similarities but as stated she is NOT a mix mash. Thats already been confirmed

Again she looks like a mix mash, not that I said she's a literal mix mash like a clone or something. Visually she doesn't look fresh. Thing is I can create a new character named Psylockolussus, and the new character has a psychic knife and the ability to transform into steel and that character isn't a clone or blood related to psylocke and Colossus but still would look like a mix mash of eXisting X-Men characters. Its like that "new' character Agent X. I swear to God, they've run out of ideas.

Psylockolossus, maybe we should design new characters for Marvel! :funny:

I used to sketch this sort of stuff all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"