• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

X-Men - Part 8

It seems like Murewa Ayodele from I Am Ironman and Marvel Voices: Wakanda Forever is writing Storm.

From the Ashes - :xmen: - A New Beginning

Adjectiveless - Cyclops, Beast, Kwannon, Magik, Magneto, Juggernaut, Oya, Quentin
Uncanny - Logan, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee
Exceptional - Kitty, Emma, Bronze, Axo, Melee
X-Force - Forge, Betsy, Rachel, Sage, Surge, Tank
NYX - Kamala, Laura, Anole, Prodigy, Sophie
X-Factor - Angel, Havok, Pyro, Frenzy, Feral
Dazzler - Dazzler, Domino, Strong Guy, Multiple Man, Shark Girl, Wind Dancer

Team titles: X-Men, Uncanny, Exceptional, X-Force, NYX, X-Factor
Solo titles: Phoenix, Storm, Wolverine, Dazzler
Tie-in titles: The Avengers

Caught up, mostly on X-men Forever.

Guess Hope is officially a Summers, by "blood" as it where. Also, sister of Rachel by some accounts and Thor (**** you Aaron). I do like that bit of wrinkle to hope, as it does add some new context to Messiah Complex and AvX. A pity they killed her off. And an even bigger pity they just wrote off a whole bunch of mutants rahter than try to deal with them being reintegrated outside of Krakoa. Hope they have a plan on who was exiled and who wasn't compared to their ****ing 199 mutants. Did laugh at how they kept Legion around.

And I do love my murder lesbians. So I do hope Simone has a full on Ravencroft family reunion during her run.

Did get me excited for Jean's series though.

Guess Hope is officially a Summers, by "blood" as it where. Also, sister of Rachel by some accounts and Thor (**** you Aaron). I do like that bit of wrinkle to hope, as it does add some new context to Messiah Complex and AvX. A pity they killed her off. And an even bigger pity they just wrote off a whole bunch of mutants rahter than try to deal with them being reintegrated outside of Krakoa. Hope they have a plan on who was exiled and who wasn't compared to their ****ing 199 mutants. Did laugh at how they kept Legion around.

And I do love my murder lesbians. So I do hope Simone has a full on Ravencroft family reunion during her run.

Did get me excited for Jean's series though.
Yeah, I really enjoyed what they did with Hope, but wasn't a fan of leaving all those characters behind. I also realized on my re-read that they finally resurrected Rockslide, just to leave him behind. Murder lesbians are always a win though.

Even though there's a feeling of putting the toys back for the next creators, I did like where Gillen leaves his story. Definitely a lot of memorable moments there.

Now that the Krakoan era has ended, I figured I'd catch up on the last 42 issues of the X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic. I do think that last third is much stronger than these have been before. Together Steve Foxe and Steve Orlando give some nice spotlights to characters who were noticeably absent in the main books.

Well, looks like they are going to exploit X fans as much as possible. Uncanny and Adjectiveless are $4.99 books. Wolverine I think already is. And I suspect Exceptional will be. Has me making some choices.

Aren't most books $4.99 at this point?
Just go back to the sh**ty non-glossy paper and give us some at 2.99 or something lol

Just go back to the sh**ty non-glossy paper and give us some at 2.99 or something lol

Haven't gone through them all, but I don't think so. I know all the Star Wars books are, so I chalk that up to a license tax. I think all the headline books are, though.

This is why I dropped out a couple of years back. I didn't feel the quality of the storytelling was worth the five bucks. I can buy a large ebook for that price that takes me much longer to read and enjoy. How many kids can afford it? :(

I finished X-Men #35 (Uncanny #700). Eh. The artwork could have been better and I didn't like how it was too much Apocalypse. I can see Krakoa returning especially they called the last status quo as "First Krakoan era" lol. I'm glad this convoluted era is finally over.

I wish they would just go back to the original numbering. I'm confused how X-Men #35 is considered as Uncanny X-Men #700, and it isn't counted as Adjectiveless number something. Uncanny X-Men #701 sounds a bit much for a new reader, but a numbering from 1 to 1,000 is much easier to follow, than research things online to figure out, which were the main books. From the looks of it, they already overlapped the numbering Adjectiveless and Uncanny X-Men. As I don't see Adjectiveless X-Men vol. 5 and 6 (both in the First Krakoan era) as part of the overall Uncanny X-Men numbering. I have a list on my computer of the "main titles" (from the 60s up to now) but it still sounds very confusing.

I'm interested to see if the new Adjectiveless and Uncanny comics are going to have more than 35 issues. If I'm not mistaken, they are releasing two issues per month, so by August 2025, both would be at issue #24 already.

Another solo series. I don't really give a damn about solo mutant series, I just wish they would focus on mutant teams. The From the Ashes line up is looking to be bloated as ever and I really find the covers/artwork, mostly unflattering.
Nah, Declan Shalvey is the biggest selling point about the book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"