Sequels X-Men Sequel - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love that Fox is taking the Logan approach and not announcing/talking about anything.

I just love that Fox is taking the Logan approach and not announcing/talking about anything.

yep.also if there was nothing to this fox would debunk.remember how quickly everyone came to denounce idea of deadpool In logan post credit scene.

I am excited for another flagship X-Men film.and hey dark phoenix deserves better than last stand.now if they want to include space elements i think that is trying to do too much with one film but maybe they can get it to work.

omega underground co-founder is speculting josh Boone may be doing double on new mutants and this or Singer is returning
https://twitter.com/_ChristopherM

Last edited:
Would just like that, if they're doing Phoenix and going for the 90s, that Chris Claremont come on. Hey, if Tim Miller could get Rob Liefeld to come on to consult for Deadpool, Fox should go all out and get Claremont when they go for 90s X-Men.

I am kinda surprised no one has questioned something about the working titles, infact i was waiting for someone to point it out.

“X-Men: Supernova” (w/t “Dark Phoenix” / "Teen Spirit"),

If that listed working title is a real thing then can we be totally sure its actually gonna be set in the 90s?

Last edited:
I wouldn't like Singer to return, we need a new voice in the franchise. Guy shouldn't carry a monopoly over this property.

I checked IMDb and most of the cast seems to be free to film.

Doubt Singer is directing. His Queen biopic seems to be filming in September. This movie would be in post by then. No time.

Doubt Singer is directing. His Queen biopic seems to be filming in September. This movie would be in post by then. No time.

I serious doudt he is directing as well.producing yes but doudtful he is directing.also speculation is that New mutants and this are being shot back to
back with Boone directing both.

That's not entirely crazy thought.Back to future II and III,matrix reloaded & revolutions,lord of rings and the hobbit,avenger sinfinity war and it's sequel.
since there was already report of storm appearing in new mutants there is
speculation X-Men could cameo In New mutants and new mutants appear In
Supernova or whatever it is called.

we know fox has plans for X-Men related films with mystery films on it's
schedule for march,june and november of 2018 and february for 2019.we could see a case where new mutants opens in june of 2018,and next X-Men in february 2019.Deadpool 2 may be released in between new mutants and
next X-Men film inless fox thinks deadpool 2 can go into production in june and be ready for march 2018 release.

I may be singer's biggest fan on board.i even love superman returns but i think it's very unlikely he actully directs next film.

Josh Boone won't direct both movies because new mutants films in may and reports say X-Men is June which means he would have a lot more on his plate to figure out.

It takes a few months to film one movie.

Josh Boone won't direct both movies because new mutants films in may and reports say X-Men is June which means he would have a lot more on his plate to figure out.

It takes a few months to film one movie.

there are already some speculting on that.and that is more intelligence speculation than some around here though it would seem a bit unlikely but stranger things have happened.

Hopefully it's someone fresh and not the worst case scenario if Kinberg sitting in the director's chair for Supernova.

It's not Kinberg.

GuestStar2004 said:
The powers the sentinels used were not rogues powers, although you can easily see how rogues powers could have enhanced them but they clearly worked differently.

The powers the sentinels used were not *only* Mystique's powers, although you can easily see how Mystique's powers could've been the starting point but were enhanced as they clearly worked differently.

Ideal character list:

Xavier
Scott
Jean
Storm
Nightcrawler
Beast
Jubilee
Quicksilver
Lilandra
Moira

Give Magneto a break. Say Mystique is off on a solo mission. PLEASE don't introduce 12 new characters who do nothing.

It will be interesting to find out when this and new mutants is set, I am not totally sure the 90s is set in stone at this point.

Last edited:
Ideal character list:

Xavier
Scott
Jean
Storm
Nightcrawler
Beast
Jubilee
Quicksilver
Lilandra
Moira

Give Magneto a break. Say Mystique is off on a solo mission. PLEASE don't introduce 12 new characters who do nothing.

I like that list.

Although as much as I enjoyed Kurt in Apocalypse, it would've been better if he was the "new" character introduced in this sequel. Jubilee too.

I would personally be ok with a break from Quicksilver too.

PLEASE don't introduce 12 new characters who do nothing.
If they go to space then its likely Imperial Guard will be mute henchmen, or one-line henchmen. But at least they aren't X-Men.

Or they could just introduce some faceless goons for the X-Men to mop, but its unlikely as this franchise has never done that.

I'm fine with mute space muscle. That's probably necessary.

I like that list.

Although as much as I enjoyed Kurt in Apocalypse, it would've been better if he was the "new" character introduced in this sequel. Jubilee too.

I would personally be ok with a break from Quicksilver too.
I wonder if they will make Lilandra damsel in distress being hunted by her brother or if they'll establish her as Majestrix right off the bat. IF she's in the movie of course

The existing make-up, FX, wirework and costuming crew could not handle a space opera Dark Phoenix with Lilandra, Imperial Guard, Starjammers, etc.

Can you imagine it?

Where's Tim Miller when we need him most?

Serious^

They need a top to bottom overhaul bts.

The existing make-up, FX, wirework and costuming crew could not handle a space opera Dark Phoenix with Lilandra, Imperial Guard, Starjammers, etc.

Can you imagine it?
They have their work cut out for them for sure.

At the moment I don't see it measuring up to Guardians of the Galaxy / Star Wars / Valerian (just going by trailer looks great)

Best decision would be to hire people who've worked on those films

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"