Sequels X-Men Sequel - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Moira? Nobody mentions her.

I guess she's forgotten by many and not returning.

JLaw in Malibu

DDJARh-XcAA7j9T.jpg

Love Moira and I'm sad she'll just be forgotten

In one of the deleted scenes for Apoc, she went back to her job and arrested Stryker. So who knows, maybe they'll just explain her absence as being back at her job at the CIA.

(Though the whole line about her son made it seem like they'll do Proteus somewhere down the line)

She was absolutely wasted in Apocalypse, and I actually felt Rose Byrne phoned in her performance.

Hope she finally left CIA, and go with her son to Muir Island, because of his problems (he's teenager now).

Even if she isn't there i'd be surprised if they got into any love story with Lilandra.

I just watched some clips from DOFP and got chills thinking about how we all collectively lost our **** at the second trailer - stuff like Iceman completely icing up after a decade, Magneto and the Sentinels, Blink and her portals, Storm defending the temple etc. It was great to see after a long break.

It also made me think about how Apocalypse, even just on a visual level, just didn't have as much striking imagery as DOFP did. Hopefully that's ameliorated in this film, and we'll see Bobby, Kitty and Rogue sooner, rather than later. (In the next film hopefully)

My only worry is that I hope Tye and Sophie can carry the emotional weight of this movie. I'm not familiar with most of their work so I cannot judge them after appearing in one movie but it'll take a lot of convincing (for me) to believe these two are a couple from 83 to 91. In the OT trilogy I barely believed Scott and Jean were a couple because they spent so much time focusing on Jean's relationship with Logan (especially in TLS). I hope their relationship doesn't take a backseat to a third person or other actors star power.

I just watched some clips from DOFP and got chills thinking about how we all collectively lost our **** at the second trailer - stuff like Iceman completely icing up after a decade, Magneto and the Sentinels, Blink and her portals, Storm defending the temple etc. It was great to see after a long break.

It also made me think about how Apocalypse, even just on a visual level, just didn't have as much striking imagery as DOFP did. Hopefully that's ameliorated in this film, and we'll see Bobby, Kitty and Rogue sooner, rather than later. (In the next film hopefully)
You mean Iceman doing an iceslide? Iceman did a full body ice up in The Last Stand. Oddly in DOFP the clothes didn't ice up.

Otherwise I completely agree DOFP had striking, exciting imagery and Apocalypse failed to reignite the same interest.

You mean Iceman doing an iceslide? Iceman did a full body ice up in The Last Stand. Oddly in DOFP the clothes didn't ice up.

Otherwise I completely agree DOFP had striking, exciting imagery and Apocalypse failed to reignite the same interest.
I'm not a fan of Bobby's icing up in X3, so I kinda ignore it, but you're right about it being done before. But seeing Bobby ice up and slide through a portal and freeze a Sentinel? Just pure comic book goodness. It was waaayy overdue and it just made me think about how we will eventually see Bobby again and do that kinda stuff.

My only worry is that I hope Tye and Sophie can carry the emotional weight of this movie. I'm not familiar with most of their work so I cannot judge them after appearing in one movie but it'll take a lot of convincing (for me) to believe these two are a couple from 83 to 91. In the OT trilogy I barely believed Scott and Jean were a couple because they spent so much time focusing on Jean's relationship with Logan (especially in TLS). I hope their relationship doesn't take a backseat to a third person or other actors star power.

While they could be a couple when the film starts its also possible they ain't a couple yet and this film will be used to bring them together.

And Yes it is possible to pull of Jean and scott not being a couple when the film starts, its not the expectation comic fans have and they will probably go crazy trying to separate expectation in their heads but yeah it could be done very easy.

Last edited:

She looks so uncomfortable. The paparazzi are pervasive in California, perhaps JLaw could take a cue from other actors (like Chris Hemsworth) and move out of the state if she wants to? Not that moving elsewhere will solve the paparazzi problem entirely.

She's such a big name now, she can live anywhere in the country and not stay in LA or NY to get work. She can field offers from her agent by phone, and then fly her private plane wherever she needs to go.

its not the expectation comic fans have and they will probably go crazy trying to separate expectation in their heads but yeah it could be done very easy.

The way you rationalize X-MEN being nothing like X-MEN has really become an art.

The way you rationalize X-MEN being nothing like X-MEN has really become an art.

Visit the spider-man boards, they ain't happy with alot of the changes Marvel and Sony are making.

But you know what? none of it will break the movie.

Visit the spider-man boards, they ain't happy with alot of the changes Marvel and Sony are making.

But you know what? none of it will break the movie.

I think the X-Men and Spider-Man boards can learn from each other.

The Spider-Man boards are too popular for your "let's make everything in name only" narrative so it's cool how it just gets ignored. Wish that could happen in the X-Forums.

I don't visit any other boards tbh (maybe star wars also)

I probably could visit the DC section as i am guessing they may be just as bad.

Last edited:
I think the X-Men and Spider-Man boards can learn from each other.
You mean the movie coming from a monster brand which is guaranteed to be a success and seems to be getting a great reception?

We're coming off of X-Men: Apocalypse here, hardly any guarantee of anything... Hope is all we've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"