X-MEN:The Original Trilogy

spidermanJLA!~

SUPERHERO
Reaction score
I understand wanting to move forward now that DOFP retconned everything, but I think that the original trilogy had a good run, even Last Stand. (I don't hate it as much now) Can we just marvel at the good things that the original trilogy did? (And debate the bad, if needed)

Let's start with X1. The tone was a bit drab, but the themes were spot on!

[YT]AE4MQRsQXD0[/YT]
[YT]padpEYIkq4c[/YT]
[YT]6SzPYjwNfVY[/YT]

Last edited:
I too found it a bit to dark but it was very great in the way that it is displayed the emotion of the characters particularly Rogue. Rogue and Wolverines relationship was excellently handled in that film and contrary to popular belief it is cannon to the original 616 comics too.

Their bond was great and heartfelt, and I like how they gave her a darker personality after she touched Wolverine on the Statue of Liberty. Speaking of, Ian Mckellen was fantastic as Magneto. I'm not sure what his morals were in the comics, but here, he seemed to believe that history would repeat itself. "They control your fate, and the fate of every other mutant." The chess scene was also gold.

[YT]RWDDVuxFboI[/YT]

True. Ian was playing a character against type but he and Stewart were by far the highlight of the OT. Also Famke. Anna, Rebecca, and Hugh for honorable mentions.

Love the original trilogy! Still the best comic-book film trilogy for me <3

xgvIxncp6Uc.jpg

great cover, with the core characters. Tho they should have put Jean on Mystique place, and Raven with Magneto, that way, we'd have the main four XMen on top, and on the bottom the bad side and the good one.

That's an interesting poster/cover...I agree with HIA, all it needs is some placement adjustments and it would be more perfect than it already is.

Side Note: I miss Rebecca's Mystique. My favorite character in the films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"