X3's Musical Score: Forum Discussion (merged 2)

I was looking forward to Debney. :(

mattc said:
Ooops, I left Schifrin out, he isn't doing it either as we already know, neither is Ilan.
Him too??!!:eek: I wonder who it is and why didn't things work out between FOX and those guys?:confused:

Retroman said:
Him too??!!:eek: I wonder who it is and why didn't things work out between FOX and those guys?:confused:

Yeah, Lalo has been out for a long time now. He was only ever a rumor as John Ottman said. As for John Debney, I don't know I guess he wasn't what they were looking for? I am sure they have sat down with several people to try and find the best for this particular movie.

First FOX can't stick with a Director for most of Pre Production

Now FOX can't find & stick with a Composer for all of Principal Filming

All part of their Master Plan ?

They havent hired loads of composers....they are just 'negotiating' with a few people...most are just rumours...

TillTheEndOfTime said:
First FOX can't stick with a Director for most of Pre Production

Now FOX can't find & stick with a Composer for all of Principal Filming

All part of their Master Plan ?

Fox have never said they have picked a composer, and they have never said they would have one through principal filming. A lot of movies don't have a composer at that point so its not like its a bad omen that no-one is signed. The reason Ottman was involved all the process had a lot to do with him editing I thought, as well as scoring.

mattc said:
Yeah, Lalo has been out for a long time now. He was only ever a rumor as John Ottman said. As for John Debney, I don't know I guess he wasn't what they were looking for? I am sure they have sat down with several people to try and find the best for this particular movie.
Maybe Debney had other things in mind for the score or perhaps he did sort out personal terms?? I'm actually a little surprised they haven't hired Schifrin. It seems like a no-brainer to me especially because he's worked with Ratner so many times + he is free. I can understand Ottman not been on this but Schifrin. hmm..

I would rather have Ottman, but this other guy has got some major credentials.

I'm telling you guys, I'm going to root for....

DON DAVIS!!!!!

It should be Ottman since he did a fantastic score for the second movie. Let him build upon what he did with that. So what if he's also doing Superman? It just means we get more great superhero musical scores from Ottman.

IMDB saying Schifrin is the composer doesn't necessarily mean he is. ComingSoon.net or SHH have yet to report this. It just means a user could've submitted on the X-men 3 page that Schifrin is doing the music.

mattc said:
Fox have never said they have picked a composer, and they have never said they would have one through principal filming. A lot of movies don't have a composer at that point so its not like its a bad omen that no-one is signed. The reason Ottman was involved all the process had a lot to do with him editing I thought, as well as scoring.

Exactly. That is clearly a post-production task.

Lightning Strikez! said:
Exactly. That is clearly a post-production task.
Any thoughts on who will possibly get this gig?:confused:

None that I've heard of. Then again, no one at FOX is saying much of anything these days.

By the way, I think this is the worst-titled thread I've ever seen by far. :(

Angry Sentinel said:
^Sentinel laughs @ lightning..

Your still the best dude

Au contrare Moo-frair. With all of these misdirected threads of late, I feel my suck factor is starting to wet up. :(

Lightning Strikez! said:
None that I've heard of. Then again, no one at FOX is saying much of anything these days.

By the way, I think this is the worst-titled thread I've ever seen by far. :(
Yeah things are very secretive. Maybe they might end up working things with Ottman?

I see nothing wrong with the thread title.:confused:

I'm expecting the new composer to build upon and expand Ottman's theme. I know FOX was really happy with X2's musical landscape.

Retroman said:
Yeah things are very secretive. Maybe they might end up working things with Ottman?

I see nothing wrong with the thread title.:confused:

I really hope so! Ottman was fantastic on X2!

He took Kamen's X1 theme, which wasn't that bad to begin with, and enhanced it to a powerful degree.

I even like what he did with the FF score.

Ug. John Ottman did a good job with Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. But he BANGED up the Fantastic Four score. It had nothing special about it. Here me out with Spider-Man and Batman Begins: Those scores grew on me and I love them now (More with Batman than Spider-Man). I bought the F4 Soundtrack and it was dull.

It didn't have a good "main theme". It doesn't have to catchy (although it should) but it was so generic.

I guess this is where tastes differ my friend. I thought Track 1 in particular was outstanding. Some of it was somewhat paint-by-number, but I thought it worked for the film.

I don't know. I just thought that Ottman was rushed with F4, but hey, that's my take.

You have to listen to the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang soundtrack. Very jazzy stuff.

There hasn't been a score for a comic film on the level of William's Superman or Elfman's Batman in the modern era(post first X-men). X-men's theme is far from rousing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"