Apocalypse Xavier and Eric´s treatment

lofoa82

Civilian
Reaction score
It´s 20 years now after X-Men: First Class (for X-Men: Apocalypse) and I see no signs of aging for Fassbender and McAvoy. People are suggesting that McAvoy going bald and Fassbender getting silver hair might do the trick, but I don´t think so...

I think make up or CGI might be needed in order to make them look older?

McAvoy could pass for a Charles on his 27-28 years old on X-Men: Days Of Future Past. He still looks very young.

Don´t you think it would be a little bit weird see a VERY young Charles along a young Jean, Cyclops?

Go look up 40 year olds, they often start to show abit of grey but you don't age that much at 40, hair and make up could easy give them a slightly (because it would be slightly) older appearance

Not sure a lot of people get the age thing, Famke Janssen is 48 years old and doesn't look like an old lady

They won't need cgi or a head of grey hair so they look 10 years older

Last edited:
I´m not talking about looking 10 years older. We´re talking about looking 20 years older. XM:FC to XM:A.

On XM: DOFP, Charles was 39. Ok, I´ll buy that. The acting was impressive. Almost a perfect movie, but for XM:A Charles will be almost 50. You want to keep McAvoy as it is? Really?

39 in DOFP? Where has it been said he is 39? On imdb he is listed as 24 years old in FC

If he is in his mid 40s in apocalypse then they don't have to go over the top and give him grey hair so he looks older, there are many make up and hair tricks to do it Beyond let's cgi him some wrinkles otherwise he won't look old

Honestly I think they looked realistically older in DOFP to what he did in FC seeing as James mcavoy is 35 years old anyway, Its just apparent that everyone is aware its set 10 years later while in reality it was filmed 2 or 3 years after FC

Last edited:
Charles is about 10 years old when he adopted Mystique in 1944, as seen on XM:FC. By 1973 he is around 39. For XM:A he will be 49. Near his fifties.

Regarding the grey hair, I meant it for Magneto. It would be great to see his iconic silver hair.

If he is in his mid 40s in apocalypse then they don't have to go over the top and give him grey hair so he looks older, there are many make up and hair tricks to do it Beyond let's cgi him some wrinkles otherwise he won't look old

Yes, that´s what I mentioned on my original post, that for XM:A, McAvoy and Fassbender should use make up or cgi, and look older.

I understand your point that maybe you don´t change that much on 10 years, but again, we´re talking about a 20 years time frame between XM:FC and XM:A.

On imdb it says Charles was 12 when he meets raven and that mcavoys Charles is 24

lol bring Stewart back he hasnt aged a day.
and keep Fassbender.

I know Ima catch flack for this but when it comes to a Bald older Xavier... look no further then Stewart

kthnxbye

Give Eric the white/grey hair, and Charles can be bald. that'll age them enough

Even if they don't age that much with a white hair/bald head, at least it would look like they are trying to make them look older.

They shouldn't just jump 10 years for every new film, then not expect people not to see them aging unless they are Wolverine or Mystique.

Just have James McAvoy have a comb-over. Fassbender should just go a bit greyer. Hoult, Lawrence and Jackman don't need much done to them since Beast doesn't age anywhere near as fast and Mystique's shape shifting powers and Wolverine's healing factor make them near immortal.

I think they will go the Star Wars route in terms of aging, I think mcavoy will age the same way they aged Ewan McGregor in the prequels, he went for clean shaven & short hair to long hair & beard to lighter shorter hair & beard

They really don't need to go over board because in Hollywood how many 40 year olds look old and grey anyway

But I very much doubt they will have mcavoy go bald within the 10 years between DOFP and apocalypse, it probably will occur in apocalypse though

Last edited:
Just have James McAvoy have a comb-over. Fassbender should just go a bit greyer. Hoult, Lawrence and Jackman don't need much done to them since Beast doesn't age anywhere near as fast and Mystique's shape shifting powers and Wolverine's healing factor make them near immortal.

they can give him the whole Christian Bale in American Hustle, look...

On imdb it says Charles was 12 when he meets raven and that mcavoys Charles is 24

This make no sense. Not to get too focused on ages, but if Charles was 12 when he met Raven in 1944, then 18 years later in 1962 he'd be 30 (12+18=30), in 1973 he'd be turning 41, and in 1983 he'd be turning 51.

As for making Charles and Erik older, make the former go bald (or balding) and give the latter a silver mullet (he could go grey prematurely).

Beast needs some weight in my opinion. And I feel like he needs to start looking more mature. I know he wears blue paint and fur but still, even with that, he could still pass as a teenager or a twenty something guy. I just can't see after 20 to 23 years, that guy would turn into a Kelsey Grammer Beast, assuming X3 is set in the mid 2000s.

Beast needs some weight in my opinion. And I feel like he needs to start looking more mature. I know he wears blue paint and fur but still, even with that, he could still pass as a teenager or a twenty something guy. I just can't see after 20 to 23 years, that guy would turn into a Kelsey Grammer Beast, assuming X3 is set in the mid 2000s.

Totally agree! I´m very curious how they will handle this "aging" for all of them. As mentioned, Logan and Raven shouldn´t be a problem tho.

Can´t wait for the first screenshots :(

2015 can´t come soon enough!

It's not as if Fassbender looks like a young man.

Best be prepared for a non bald xavier again, they will probably wanna make it happen some other way other then age related

I want them to show us how Charles became bald and for what reason...(I'm not a comic lover)

you don't think someone can go bald over a 10 year period ?

if they need an explanation, what if balding was a side affect, of withdraws from his serum treatments... at the level he was using to just quite cold turkey, could have unforeseen long term affects
(note: that Beast wasn't using on the same level, before anyone says "why isn't beast bald, then?)

Using the official X-Men movies encyclopaedia, Charles was born in 32 and Eric in 1930. They'd better age em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"