Xavier not really back.

Didn't Xavier communicate with Moira telepathically while in the new body? Wouldn't this, therefore, kinda mean that he has his powers?

chaseter said:
No...Proteus could manipulate reality and had psychic abilites. He had so much power that his human body couldn't handle it. After he escaped the care of his mother...his body deteriorated and his mind jumped from host to host to stay alive.

Again, because he was a being of pure psionic energy . . . hence at the end of the comics, when they note that Proteus is most dangerous in his true form--the same does not hold true for Xavier. I'm not saying that Xavier switching into a clone body of himself isn't possible. He has done it before. I'm just saying that Proteus is not a good example to use, because the situations are different.

its no use debating over it...in x4 xavier will have his powers lol or else theres not really a point in bringing him bak unless a plot point is him recouperating his powers or something.

Tron5000 said:
Didn't Xavier communicate with Moira telepathically while in the new body? Wouldn't this, therefore, kinda mean that he has his powers?
No, his mouth moved.

BMM said:
Again, because he was a being of pure psionic energy . . . hence at the end of the comics, when they note that Proteus' is most dangerous in his true form--the same does not hold true for Xavier.
If he is a being of pure psionic energy...he doesn't need a body to operate. He can only operate in a physical body.

chaseter said:
If he is a being of pure psionic energy...he doesn't need a body to operate. He can only operate in a physical body.

I don't know what you want me to say. It's in the comic book. He is a being of pure psionic energy. It is expressley noted that in his true form he is at his most powerful but also at his most vulnerable (hence why Colossus was able to kill him), which is most likely why he was using host bodies (so as to not to be so vulnerable). He may not have needed host bodies to operate. I never said he did. That's just the way he was written.

Maybe one or a combo of the following 2 ideas?
1) the shadow King story in Uncanny 117
After dying in a psychic battle w/Xavier in Cairo, his conciousness inhibited the astral plane, and he can seize certain bodies in the physical realm.
(ie Karma, JacobReisz, Legion....)

2)In the brood story, IIRC hXavier's brain was implanted into a cloned body made from tissue samples by the Stajammer medic . Xavier could walk, use his powers, and had all his memories.

What if it's Xavier's twin? That's a possibility. That would explain why a brainless person has been kept alive, and why Xavier's brain is so powerful. They'd share the same DNA, therefore making his powers intact.

I´ve been saying this from day one, is utterly stupid to have Xavier alive at the end, because there is not point in having a mutant, that was killed, to be alive at the end as a human.
And no, he will not have his power back, and if he does, it´s just plain ridiculous.

And you guys call yourself X-Men fans?
I haven´t read all the post, nor a i have patience to, so, some of you might be right about it.
To be a mutant is about genetics, it´s about an X-gene.
It´s the same deal why you are a man and another is a woman.
Do you really believe that, if your mind gets transfered into a woman´s body (meaning that you are a man, in the first place), that new body will change into a man?
No?
So, why in hell will Chuck change into a mutant?

Well, since its likely charles' twin bro, he'll probably have the ability to walk again, just like in the comics

Yes, we do, because we read the comics. Do so, and you'll see, once again, that THIS HAS HAPPENED ALREADY. And yes, Charles transferring to another body does relay his powers.

End of story, thank you for coming.

Isildur´s Heir said:
I´ve been saying this from day one, is utterly stupid to have Xavier alive at the end, because there is not point in having a mutant, that was killed, to be alive at the end as a human.
And no, he will not have his power back, and if he does, it´s just plain ridiculous.

I haven´t read all the post, nor a i have patience to, so, some of you might be right about it.
Do you really believe that, if your mind gets transfered into a woman´s body (meaning that you are a man, in the first place), that new body will change into a man?
No?
Hey, facts against logic. Why is Apocalypse able to transform into his previous form (powers intact) when he jumps bodies every few centuries?

Kotagg said:
Yes, we do, because we read the comics. Do so, and you'll see, once again, that THIS HAS HAPPENED ALREADY. And yes, Charles transferring to another body does relay his powers.

End of story, thank you for coming.
:confused:
Tell me where?
And don´t give the clone body after the brood incident, because, well, it was a CLONE body.

Isildur´s Heir said:
=
No?
Had you taken the time to read all those posts before you attacked the people on this board, you would have seen that it's been suggested that the comatose man is Xavier's twin. However, if it's Xavier's twin, both would have identical genetic codes, so Chuck could retain his powers.

Savage said:
Hey, facts against logic. Why is Apocalypse able to transform into his previous form (powers intact) when he jumps bodies every few centuries?
I would have to dwell into that, but my first assumption is that it is ridiculous.
And before someone tries to flame me, i didn´t came with it, the comics did when they said that, to be a mutant is about genetics.

Why is Apocalypse able to transform into his previous form (powers intact) when he jumps bodies every few centuries?

2. Proteus jumps bodies, and every time that "body" has the powers he has.

3. Quentin Quire lost his body, and still has his powers while outside of it.

4. Psylocke jumped bodies and merged, and still has a total addition of powers.

5. Here's the biggest one: the Shadow King can inhabit any number of bodies, and each time he has full control of his powers. He initially started out as just another psychic mutant just like Xavier.

No?

a man to a woman is not a good example eye colour and hair colour are all genetic information if charles went into a new body he wouldnt change at all but to get into the body in the first place he would have to have his telepathic powers working without his original body. He will have his powers back becoz he clearly managed to get into the body in the first place!

the genetic X gene only triggers mutation, if u recall in xmen 1 mutation is caused by heightened emotional stress during puberty if you took the gene away the person would still have their powers and before u mention the cure that was difference it surpressed the mutant gene if u took away the gene of someones eye colour do u realy think they would loose that eye colour?

ProfessorX said:
the genetic X gene only triggers mutation, if u recall in xmen 1 mutation is caused by heightened emotional stress during puberty if you took the gene away the person would still have their powers and before u mention the cure that was difference it surpressed the mutant gene if u took away the gene of someones eye colour do u realy think they would loose that eye colour?
Dude, first thing, pointuation is your friend, use it.
I can´t quiet follow you...

Heightened emotional stress during puberty triggers the x gene, it doesn´t create it.
What was the last question?
If some takes away the gene of eye colour, you lose that colour?
Of course!
If you lose the colour pigmentation (gene), your eyes would be colorless

I wish that scene was never filmed...every major X death is being negated in the following movie. Magnetos power loss was negated in 5 minutes.

first of all DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO WRITE second how do u no ur eye would become colourless once its created it cant jus loose its colour! and i never sed heightened emotional stress causes mutation i sed heightened emotional stress causes it to be triggered i sed it triggers it therefore if xavier moved bodies it wouldnt matter because his mutation would already have been trigered!

His powers should work as long as his body is intact. If not, he simply isn't a mutant and, for example, wouldn't lose them if he took the "cure".

Kotagg said:
If anyone ever wants a definition for "irony," there it is. ;)

lol i never noticed lol telling me how to write when he cant even spell punctuation

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"