Xavier not really back.

His powers and his mind are still there I think. The only thing that isn't there is his body.

lordofthenerds said:
His powers and his mind are still there I think. The only thing that isn't there is his body.

exactly my point if xavier is strong enuf to transport into a new body then he must still be able to use his powers

I have a question about mind transferrence in the comics that might be able to help clear this up. Psylocke has transfered bodies before both in the 616 and the Ultimate Universe. How was she able to keep her powers? If it worked for her, couldn't it work for Xavier also?

kytrigger said:
I have a question about mind transferrence in the comics that might be able to help clear this up. Psylocke has transfered bodies before both in the 616 and the Ultimate Universe. How was she able to keep her powers? If it worked for her, couldn't it work for Xavier also?

I believe she and the woman (Revanche) she traded with had similar abilities.

Okay, you guys all made valid arguments for why his powers could have remained intact after a body switch. I think the notion of it is stupid but I can't argue because it has already been done. My question now is WHY. Why would you want Xavier to survive powers intact in a new body. That completely trivializes his death. Hell, just the fact that he is still alive is lame.

i think she was able to keep her powers because she was strong enuf to transport into a new body if her mind is there then so are her powers i beleive mutant powers are part of you like your memories or your personality charles xavier is a stronger mutant than her therefore he must be able to do it and has in the comics

i think she was able to keep her powers because she was strong enuf to transport into a new body if her mind is there then so are her powers i beleive mutant powers are part of you like your memories or your personality charles xavier is a stronger mutant than her therefore he must be able to do it and has in the comics

You post if four times by mistake and then make a fifth post to apologize? I can understand making the mistake of posting it four times but posting again rather than editing one of the others is just stupid.

ProfessorX said:

Psylocke didn't simply choose to transport herself into a new body . . . there was much more involved in the overall storyline than that.

I also disagree with your notion that mutant powers are simply a part of one's mind rather than body. This was disproven by the comics long ago (Uncanny X-Men 151-152). The White Queen, a powerful telepath, switches minds with Storm. While in Storm's body, the White Queen loses her psychic abilities and posesses Storm's instead. The same goes for Storm--her mind is trapped within the White Queen's body, and as such, Storm has the White Queen's powers.

Xavier has already transferred his consciousness (along with his powers) into a younger, healthier body in the comics. He then could walk, until he was crippled once again. It has happened already. No need to debate whether or not it is possible. IT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE!

Tron5000 said:
Xavier has already transferred his consciousness (along with his powers) into a younger, healthier body in the comics. He then could walk, until he was crippled once again. It has happened already. No need to debate whether or not it is possible. IT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE!

So what? You are talking about comic books, writers change things like this all the time to fit the story. X-men and all it's spin-offs is especially prone to stupid stuff like this.

ProfessorX said:
lol i never noticed lol telling me how to write when he cant even spell punctuation
oh poor me a made a typo

ProfessorX said:
i noticed that you havent argued back...
What is there to argue when i can´t understand one thing write i´m sick of trying to decode your writting it seems i´m in the The Da Vinci Code sequel

BMM said:
I also disagree with your notion that mutant powers are simply a part of one's mind rather than body. This was disproven by the comics long ago (Uncanny X-Men 151-152). The White Queen, a powerful telepath, switches minds with Storm. While in Storm's body, the White Queen loses her psychic abilities and posesses Storm's instead. The same goes for Storm--her mind is trapped within the White Queen's body, and as such, Storm has the White Queen's powers.
:up:

Isildur´s Heir said:
oh poor me a made a typo

What is there to argue when i can´t understand one thing write i´m sick of trying to decode your writting it seems i´m in the The Da Vinci Code sequel

Yikes, man. Horrible comeback.

That can simply be explained as her not having the refinement and/or experience and/or success that Prof X, Psylocke, Quentin Quire, and those others I mentioned had in doing the exact same thing. She's the exception, and obviously not the rule.

So what? You are talking about comic books, writers change things like this all the time to fit the story. X-men and all it's spin-offs is especially prone to stupid stuff like this.

That's an ineffective response, unfortunately. We don't have a precedent in the movies, and although some things are different in the movies than were in the comics, our only precedent to base this entire discussion off of if the comics themselves.

It's like if I were to say "I believe Juggernaut can turn into a Rabbit as one of his powers, and since the movies are different from the comics there's nothing saying he cant."

Isildur´s Heir said:
oh poor me a made a typo

yh my mistakes are typos so u are a hypocrit! evry1 else could read my messages its hardly the devinci code that really is the worst comeback ever.

with the whole storm thing changing bodies i think thats slightly different charles xavier is a telepath i think he is stronger and if you are a telepath then maybe u can keep your powers when moving bodies. i may be wrong i read the comics but i didnt read that particular one about storm

well if hes got a new body, hes got new legs. which has happened in the comic people. if your lazy u can read it on that one x-men site, it has a million page long bio on charles. very sad, no matter what happens, he always seems to wind up right back in the chair.

I'm not going to waste my time searching to see if anyone already typed this, so here...

Patrick Stewart confirmed that the body on the table was a twin/clone. He said it was him in a beard. Reset button is complete.

I said this last week. It's his twin brother, that's why he's with Moira and not just in a hospital.

Don't bother explaining what happened in the comics. A lot of so-called comic book fans seem to want these movies to get as far away from the comics as possible.

Xavier still has his powers. He's done it in the comics.

If you want an explanation, um, ok . . the mutation in his original body only CREATED the powers in his mind. But now they exist seperately. There.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"