Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF PS4 turns out to block games and connected to the Internet like X1..Then which console would any of you lean more to?
I'd stick with the PS4 just out of familiarity. Despite hearing that its the best controller, I've never really played any X-Box games and I feel like I would have to re-learn some stuff if I were to switch over.

for me, whatever each side reveals is immaterial. i'm going with the ps4 regardless.

the only exclusives i need are metal gear and mlb the show, both playstation mainstays. there are no xbox exclusives that really interest me besides halo, and i was never a big halo guy.

for me, whatever each side reveals is immaterial. i'm going with the ps4 regardless.

the only exclusives i need are metal gear and mlb the show, both playstation mainstays. there are no xbox exclusives that really interest me besides halo, and i was never a big halo guy.
Basically that, however i lean more towards Uncharted and God of War as my reasons.

I love Halo&Gears..But I love inFamous/Little Big Planet&Uncharted more

Damn MS really needs to tell us whats up. Apparently someone from Xbox support said that we can still sell/play use games. Either they're lying or some *****e made the no used game thing up to cause controversy.

Damn MS really needs to tell us whats up. Apparently someone from Xbox support said that we can still sell/play use games. Either they're lying or some *****e made the no used game thing up to cause controversy.

http://majornelson.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-used-games/
"We know there is some confusion around used games on Xbox One and wanted to provide a bit of clarification on exactly what we’ve confirmed today. While there have been many potential scenarios discussed, today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail.

Beyond that, we have not confirmed any specific scenarios.

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile."

Ehhh...I really shouldn't say this until E3, but from what I've seen from both systems, I'm not really that impressed, and combined with the very, severely lackluster Wii U, so far this looks to be the least exciting generation yet. Too soon?

ANYWAY, PlayStation 4 by default. I've tried with the Xbox...hated it...traded it in for Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen.

Tried with the Xbox 360...hated it...sold it just to get rid of it.

My personal track record proves that I have no reason not to just stick with PlayStation (as long as they aren't their portables) and just pass on Xbox. But...like a sucker, I'll keep my eyes on the Xbox One in case "third times the charm".

What's so bad about PSP 1&Vita?

Interesting how in the begining of the thread almost everyone was on X-box's side, now's the oposite, did something happen in that conference?

Interesting how in the begining of the thread almost everyone was on X-box's side, now's the oposite, did something happen in that conference?

Yeah..**** hit the fan and sprayed the whole room and players!

What's so bad about PSP 1&Vita?

There weren't any good games on either. This is MY opinion, mind you, but I had barely anything worth playing on the PSP.

I currently have a Vita. I ONLY have it because it was free, I REALLY wouldn't have bothered buying one...and even NOW I've loaned it out to my roommate's sister's girlfriend...its been six months and I have NOT tried getting it back. Last I saw her, she said she hadn't been playing it for lack of interesting games, so she's in the same boat I was...

There weren't any good games on either. This is MY opinion, mind you, but I had barely anything worth playing on the PSP.

I currently have a Vita. I ONLY have it because it was free, I REALLY wouldn't have bothered buying one...and even NOW I've loaned it out to my roommate's sister's girlfriend...its been six months and I have NOT tried getting it back. Last I saw her, she said she hadn't been playing it for lack of interesting games, so she's in the same boat I was...

Yeah I admit I sold my Vita cause of the games selection&quality,Much better device than first PSP But first PSP had much better games even during it's early years

Most of the games people talk about for exclusives (Gears, Halo vs LBP, Uncharted) I either have never played or have no interest in. By the time the sell date rolls around I might just have invested into PC gaming. At least I can run the older stuff as well without issues.

I'd stick with the PS4 just out of familiarity. Despite hearing that its the best controller, I've never really played any X-Box games and I feel like I would have to re-learn some stuff if I were to switch over.

That's an interesting point. A while ago I played on a PS3, it was my first time in years using a PlayStation controller and it was very strange. I made a lot of mistakes. Of course, it wouldn't take long to get used to one or the other, but there's definitely a period of transition to be expected.

I'm leaning more towards PS4 but it'll mainly come to the Exclusives.

Yup.
It revealed that Microsoft is focused on making the Xbox an entertainment center...while Sony is focused on games.

No they weren't. From the jump it was ALL PS4. Mainly because MS just got finished with a presentation that catered almost exclusively to the casual crowd and left hardcore gamers by the damn wayside, but also because a nice number of the ppl responding are Sony loyalist(at least to an extent)

my choice was always PS4.

For me...I've already decided. I own botht he 360 and PS3 and found that I never actually use my 360 for games... Plus, I don't like Halo.

So for me, it's PS4.

Probably PlayStation 4, i'm more of a SONY guy.

I'm a Play Station guy!

I'd stick with the PS4 just out of familiarity

i'm going with the ps4 regardless.

ANYWAY, PlayStation 4 by default.

the Xbox 360...hated it...sold it just to get rid of it.

Not saying all of these people are out there flying Sony flags, but they already made their mind up LONG before MS revealed anything. But at the same time, these responses are happening all over the net. Gamers just arent buying what MS is selling right now, and rightfully so.

Last edited:
I think he means the main XBox thread during the conference.

I think he means the main XBox thread during the conference.

Ah, yea i wasnt participating at the time. Altho, from the damn jump you could tell they were going casual, so i dont know why ppl would be excited early. I was rolling my eyes for the first 30 min of the presentation.

Ah, yea i wasnt participating at the time. Altho, from the damn jump you could tell they were going casual, so i dont know why ppl would be excited early. I was rolling my eyes for the first 30 min of the presentation.
This was supposed to be a hardware presentation with the games later at the pre E3 part II conference. They f'd up by including some games which of course (fairly) opened all the doors for criticism. And not only that they chose the worst possible games for hardcore gamers...EA & Activision & sports, racing games & Call of Duty! Before EA came on nearly everyone (in that thread at least) was really happy with the media stuff which looked pretty great. Then after the EA thing they kept on with TV way after they should have stopped. A 20 minute conference on just the hardware would have been fine..just don't show games on an anticipated next gen device unless you're going to show stuff that will wow people.

At this point I am more impressed with the PS4 and that's mostly because they have centered their attention on the gamers and the developers. It's such a great thing to hear, how developers are praising the system cause if things are good for them in terms of creating something that provides a lot of potential in their development with the added ease of being able to create something; in the end, that means better games for us. It's like Sony took everything that was wrong about the PS3, changed it, and made improvements. I don't see that from Microsoft...well, at least not yet...the final stroke will be at E3.

And, honestly, I'm still very much enjoying my PS3. There are still a bunch of games I have yet to play or want to play i.e. Last of Us, so I have no desire at this point to shell out another $400 or so for another system. That may change of course with the info at E3, but I've yet to really see anything that says, "OMG! I must buy this system now!" That's not to say I don't believe that Sony won't continue to deliver some awesome exclusive titles...I mean, the day Uncharted 4 releases, lol, I'll be in line with a PS4 in hand.

I don't understand why the Xbox one isn't allowing backwards compatibility. That would have been one point in favor of Microsoft. I can see why the PS4 doesn't do it, because the architecture between the two systems is vastly different. But the 360 has always been more like a PC. I doubt the Xbox One is being so different, except that it's now more powerful. So what's the reason we can't play old games?

That's the real thing. Killer games of Uncharted quality designed for next gen (rather than crossing both gens) will move the next gen consoles. None of the other stuff will matter that much to hardcore gamers.

I don't understand why the Xbox one isn't allowing backwards compatibility. That would have been one point in favor of Microsoft. I can see why the PS4 doesn't do it, because the architecture between the two systems is vastly different. But the 360 has always been more like a PC. I doubt the Xbox One is being so different, except that it's now more powerful. So what's the reason we can't play old games?

But at least the PS4 is going to offer some of those PS3 titles for download, i dont think MS is even doing that. But their excuse is the hardware to just too drastically different.

I'll end up getting both...like what I did for 360 and ps3...
I just love both consoles and their exclusives
Of course that means I cant really vote on the poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985