Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.
After yesterdays mess... Definitely PS4 at launch. I'll probably eventually get an X1...Maybe a year later after the first price drop...and when they change their business practices around.

I just saw Angry Joe's rant about the event and I got to know more about the X1, since I didn't watch it.

Holy...Microsoft f- up. BIG time. It seems they're catering to everyone but the gamers. And the whole deal with used games and connectivity with Internet...

The 360 won the war here in Brazil. I don't see that happening with One.

That really doesnt matter if the exclusives arent worth a damn. Not saying they would be bad, but just constantly throwing out "Sonys 12 studios are making exclusives" is just regurgitated PR bulls**t.

Yes but their track record of doing this for almost 20 years says different. And MS's does not. They have had few few exclusives. And these "15" of their's is nothing more then true PR BS. And you know it. A majority of them will probably be Kinect shovelware.

Sony has good studios and has made many new IP's every generation.

And I agree with Matt on the sentiments above. It's exactly what I've been thinking.

Possibly, but Sony pushed out a lot of exclusives this gen and the only ones that ended up in my collection were MGS4, Uncharted and inFamous. Not saying those are the only ones worth it, but its a subjective thing.

That's already 1 more than Microsoft. What does MS have, that is interesting, other than Halo and Gears of War? I only own the Halo and Mass Effect series on my 360. On my PS3 I have Uncharted, Heavy Rain, MGS4 and inFamous. And I'm definitely going to get The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls.

*Cough* God of War *cough*

That's already 1 more than Microsoft. What does MS have, that is interesting, other than Halo and Gears of War?

Thats my point, its all subjective. And towing the company line of "12 studious making exclusive games" is no better an argument than "15 exclusive games". Its just used by the company and fans of said company to thump their chest over which system they are arguing is better.

With that said i prefer the exclusives Sony has done. I could go without Halo and maybe Gears, but i couldnt pass on the next Uncharted.

Last edited:
I just saw Angry Joe's rant about the event and I got to know more about the X1, since I didn't watch it.

Holy...Microsoft f- up. BIG time. It seems they're catering to everyone but the gamers. And the whole deal with used games and connectivity with Internet...

Yeah. What exactly happens 10 years from now when someone wants to dust off their old XBoxOne, only to find out MS no longer offers internet support for the outdated system? With internet connectivity being part of almost everything the console can do, does it then become just a brick?

I just watched it, and yeah, as a gamer who had needed to rely on renting games because of lack of finances, it would sure as bad place piss me off if I had to pay extra everytime I rented a game from Gamefly.

Based on rumors & what we know. The XBOX One & PS4 seems pretty even with the pros & cons. No BC no Digital stuff carrying over etc

It is certainly NOT even from rumors and what we know so far imo

From what I can tell, XB1 has a ton more cons than PS4 has. PS4's biggest problem is that they still haven't revealed the design of the physical console......ooooooo!!! XB1's problems have thoroughly pissed all but 5 people in the gaming community.

I've had a Playstation since the first one and every one since then, but I haven't owned an Xbox since my second 360 red ringed. I thought it was bullsh** that I would have to go through three or four 360's when I paid $400 for what was supposed to be a QUALITY product. I still enjoyed 360 exclusives thanks to my friends who didn't mind putting up with M$'s. Also within the last year I was able to enjoy the Kinect thanks to my brother who bought it for his kids and we spent many-a-night enjoying Dance Central....probably the best game for the Kinect (Just Dance had crummy graphics and the dance moves were very generic).

When Sony revealed the PS4 I was instantly sold, not because of the sleek new design and features of the controller, not because of the media capabilities....but because they pronounced loud and clear "WE WANT TO MAKE GAMES FOR YOU!!!"

The message from M$ for the XB1 was pretty much the exact opposite. They were basically saying "We want mom and dads to buy this for the family for their home theater...........oh and it also plays next gen video games, but more on that later."

So if you ask me who won the first round I'd says undeniably PS4. After their reveal the news was buzzing about Sony's new direction and approach that the PS4 is taking with gaming and a good majority of the buzz was positive. Here, we have an overwhelming sense of negativity from the people who SHOULD matter the most.

Round 1 - Winner: PS4

M$ has a huge uphill battle if they want to win the gamers over with the inappropriately titled Xbox One. E3 should be very interesting to say the least.

Last edited:
The games I care about most are multiplatform (TES, R* games) and I love the bad place out of Halo and Alan Wake. Hoping MGS goes mp this generation but wouldn't be heartbroken if it didn't since I already missed out on MGS4 this gen. A better utilized and functioning Kinect interests me and tells me MS cares about advancing more than just graphics. Oh, and a Halo TV series by Speilberg. Yeah, I'm down with the Xbox One.

The way it could work is this:

With a fee for a pre-activated disk, it will be either be payed by the consumer or by one of Microsoft's retail partners, like GameStop. GameStop can pay the fee to Microsoft per unit, perhaps getting a discount from MS. GameStop had to do this before with WB and Arkham City so that pre-owned copies sold would come with the online pass for the Catwoman DLC.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...g-used-batman-buyers-free-catwomen-codes.aspx

What if SONY'S doing similar stuff to X1 (Used game BS, Online BS), but were smart enough to mention neither? I mean SONY'S comment on Used Games was vague enough that it could be similar to whatever the bad place MS is doing

Then both next gen consoles can kiss goodbye to my wallet. :b

What if SONY'S doing similar stuff to X1 (Used game BS, Online BS), but were smart enough to mention neither? I mean SONY'S comment on Used Games was vague enough that it could be similar to whatever the bad place MS is doing

I think Sony was definitely waiting for Microsoft's first move. Now that MS took the brunt of the heat, Sony can come out and announce that they block used games as well, or they look at the reaction of the consumers, rethink their decision and just bury MS.

I said this a few days ago, but I still feel like Sony is taking the "wait and see" approach with this all. They came out first and got people going with all the official coming out announcement of Next-Gen, but they didn't really need to do anything until E3, They knew it was only a matter of time before MS came out with their counter and would start mouthing off on why they're better/different.

At this point, Sony now has 3 weeks to prepare their E3 presentation, and they have the blunders of MS to build on. Even if they announce some of the same things like blocking used games, at least now they can come out and say it in their own language in an attempt to persuade gamers as to why its necessary or why its a good thing. Although I highly doubt that they will. The thing about MS is that they were willing to take risks that Sony and Nintendo wouldn't have because MS wanted to shake things up to give themselves a fighting chance and a lot of it seemed to work in their favor, like online communities and achievements. I think if blocking used games works out for MS in the long run, Sony will definitely try to adopt it then, but I don't see them doing it or talking about it now.

I'll wait for the next-next gen consoles then lol

A lot, if not most in general, of the rumors about the Xbox One came true to a certain extent. I mean, Sony either runs a tighter ship than MS, or at least no real damaging leaks have happened, hopefully because there's nothing damaging to report.

"Playstation 4 can still be enjoyed old school without an Internet connection at all " --senior VP of worldwide studios

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/03/20/michael-denny/

"Do you want us to [block used games]?"

"That's the general expectation by consumers" "They purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that's my expectation."

"So, used games can play on PS4. How is that?"

--Sony Worldwide Studios boss

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...gamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

So let's hope nothing changes for the worst.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"