Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO - Part 1

Now that all the major players have had their E3 press conferences, it's time for round two.

Which next generation console are you most interested in buying?

Did anything you saw at E3 change your mind? Or did it only solidify your previous stance?

6C7512049-new-image-consoles.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

playstation4console.jpg

JmRlnpL.png

How much will the PS4 camera be?

Not too bad,I might buy it sometime after I get a PS4

Does the PSEye (or whatever it's called) do everything that Kinect does?

Does the PSEye (or whatever it's called) do everything that Kinect does?
Sony hasn't really detailed it much beyond their initial reveal. Kinect is more advance and I think has a 1080p camera as ooposed to the PSEye's 720p. Its meant to interact with the DS4 and Move control. It also is capable of face recognition as well and players can interact with it using their voice and body. On paper it sounds like it has similar features as Kinect but again we haven't seen it detailed and demonstrated to the same degree

When all was said and done this generation, the PSEye+Move combo was arguably the best motion gaming technology. It had the best accuracy and fidelity by far. It wasn't used for voice recognition stuff like the Kinect was, though, and definitely didn't sell as well.

The new Eye has a second lens, so it can interpret depth better (still not nearly as detailed as the Kinect does). The resolution is higher too. And the move technology is now built into the standard controllers.

It's unfortunate that they could not figure out a way to get the camera in the box, since that really hinders any kind of development for it, but I will probably pick one up at some point. The Move always interested me, more so for the smaller PSN games that used it.

Last edited:
Oh, it's a new model of PSEye? I was thinking they'd just have the old one be compatible, but I guess a new model makes more sense, though.

Oh, it's a new model of PSEye? I was thinking they'd just have the old one be compatible, but I guess a new model makes more sense, though.
yeah its new:

ps4-new-playstation-4-console-camera-02.jpg

Considering it was developed to work with the DS4, they had to go with a new model. The old one isn't capable of what this new model can do. Plus its 2013. An SD camera at this point is unnacceptable

When all was said and done this generation, the PSEye+Move combo was arguably the best motion gaming technology. It had the best accuracy and fidelity by far. It wasn't used for voice recognition stuff like the Kinect was, though, and definitely didn't sell as well.

The new Eye has a second lens, so it can interpret depth better (still not nearly as detailed as the Kinect does). The resolution is higher too. And the move technology is now built into the standard controllers.

It's unfortunate that they could not figure out a way to get the camera in the box, since that really hinders any kind of development for it, but I will probably pick one up at some point. The Move always interested me, more so for the smaller PSN games that used it.

Will Blacklight Retribution be f2p and not require ps+? And if so, will it be available at launch?

Will Blacklight Retribution be f2p and not require ps+? And if so, will it be available at launch?

All the info on it is that it will be free 2 play, and so far no announced f2p game requires Plus. It's definitely not a launch day game, sounds like it will be sometime this holiday though.

All the info on it is that it will be free 2 play, and so far no announced f2p game requires Plus. It's definitely not a launch day game, sounds like it will be sometime this holiday though.

Ah, right. Good to hear. Thanks.

The advent of the news on how the PS4 originally had the Eye, and then had it cut, has got me thinking. This is a solid reason why I am not a Sony fan right now. They've spent this entire year Post-Xbox One trying to smear MS instead of giving us reasons to buy PS4.

What was Microsoft's biggest E3 moment? I would guess all the games.

What was Sony's biggest E3 moment? Easily when they announce no DRM/salvation of used games.

Well guess what? That moment is over for them. That point is moot now, because all consoles this gen function that way.

You've gotta ask yourself why Sony waited so long to reveal that information. The answer is, they were on the fence, and seeing MS flop with their DRM, they took the opportunity to take rapid-fire shots.

That is all Sony has done, is run a smear campaign against MS.

Don't get me wrong, when the first announced the PS4, I was blown away by the streaming feature. I was telling my friends that I was going to wind up getting all my multiplatform games on PS4, but lo and behold, Microsoft has that feature as well on the Xbox One, and Sony has spent so much time attacking the Xbox One, they haven't introduced a single feature that would make me want to buy their console.

Microsoft is surrounded by controversy, but at least they're trying to do things differently. At least they're trying to take steps forward, even if they were clumsy, and horrible marketed.

So I get this isn't exactly on the topic of Kinect, but it does pertain to how Sony is willing to compromise just about anything to take a shot at Microsoft. They're really pushing for a strong launch, but post-holiday season, when the XO and the PS4 are out, the consoles are gonna speak for themselves, and I get the feeling most people are gonna like the XO more than the PS4.

They ran a smear campaign? In what way? By...doing the opposite thing of MS? I don't think you quite understand the concept of what a smear campaign is. Outside a couple of potshots here and there, I don't think Sony did anything to deliberately devalue MS or what they were doing with the Xbone; that was all MS' own doing.

Oh, also, I keep seeing people defending MS as trying to do something different with the Xbone. You may not be aware, but Sony was actually the first (to my knowledge) to try a purely digital console with the PSP Go (which was a big flop, by the way). MS is not on that cutting edge as much as you seem to believe.

The advent of the news on how the PS4 originally had the Eye, and then had it cut, has got me thinking. This is a solid reason why I am not a Sony fan right now. They've spent this entire year Post-Xbox One trying to smear MS instead of giving us reasons to buy PS4.
entire year Post X-box One? That doesn't even make sense

Sony's told gamers what they've wanted to hear. I see nothing wrong with that. They are heading in a good direction and have taken a humble approach when it comes to their potential consumer as opposed to the arrogant stance MS did. And Sony should know better as they took a similar approach 7 years ago, which alienated their fanbase did quite a bit of damage to them early on. Their approach going into this next gen is to not repeat those same mistakes. MS blunders are their own to own. It just so happens to be working in Sony's favor and that's no ones fault but MS

Ps+ is 10 bucks cheaper than live, the ps4 is 100 bucks cheaper than One, along with free monthly full games on ps+ and f2p multiplayer games that don't require ps+, and it has more raw power than the One.

Money isn't an issue for some people, but I genuinely feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck with the PS4.

Ps+ 10 bucks cheaper than live, the ps4 100 bucks cheaper than One, along with free monthly full games and f2p games that don't require ps+, and it has more raw power than the One.

Money isn't an issue for some people, but I genuinely feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck with the PS4.

Not to mention that media apps such as Netflix and Hulu Plus are not behind a pay wall.

Not to mention that media apps such as Netflix and Hulu Plus are not behind a pay wall.

Fantastic. I personally don't see how someone would want the One unless they want to keep their Gamerscore/tag, have friends on 360 that plan to get a One, are loyal to Microsoft, or just don't like Playstation. None of those are good reasons to me. Maybe it's for a few exclusives as well, such as Halo 5 and Gears... and even then, that isn't enough for me.

One word: Titan (totally-not-a-timed-exclusive-but-totally-really-is)fall

and theres the fact that Sony has a dozen 1st party studios which will make games which will forever remain exclusive on their platforms and not that timed exclusive stuff

One word: Titan (totally-not-a-timed-exclusive-but-totally-really-is)fall

Oh yeah, forgot about Titanfall. I mean it looks fun, but it's not enough in my eyes for someone to go with the One. That, and like you said, I think it's a timed exclusive.

Ps+ is 10 bucks cheaper than live, the ps4 is 100 bucks cheaper than One, along with free monthly full games on ps+ and f2p multiplayer games that don't require ps+, and it has more raw power than the One.

I see your point .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"