Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting to get one until there are enough exclusives (or 3rd party games that aren't on the PS3) to justify getting one.

I'm waiting to get one until there are enough exclusives (or 3rd party games that aren't on the PS3) to justify getting one.

I'm getting or hoping to get a PS4 at launch but there will be and still are plenty of PS3 games I gotta catch up on. My problem is I juggle what games to buy dating back to the SNES/Genesis era, the more retro I buy the bigger I fall behind in PS3. I've always had trouble keeping up with the current generation as I'm always behind on previous ones. I like to play a bit of everything...

You can play PS3 titles that are coming to PS4 or keep the PS3 and buy the titles that way,

You can play PS3 titles that are coming to PS4 or keep the PS3 and buy the titles that way,

Oh I'm definitely keeping the PS3 and will continue to buy games for it, I don't sell systems or anything like that unless I really need the money. I still have several of my old systems that still work as well, so I have lots of different system to choose when buying games. With the PS4 I will be caught with up with everyone on day one, and that will be a nice feeling I'm not really used to.

If I get one it will be the Playstation 4. Just not a fan of Microsoft's "idea" of what a game system should be and should do, and honestly I don't like their Big Brother approach. I loved the Xbox, but the 360 didn't win me over, and this new Xbox One is even less attractive to me.

Last edited:
If I get one it will be the Playstation 4. Just not a fan of Microsoft's "idea" of what a game system should be and should do, and honestly I don't like their Big Brother approach. I loved the Xbox, but the 360 didn't win me over, and this new Xbox One is even less attractive to me.

Its weird to be because I was such a Xbox fan back then, the Original Xbox I loved so much more than the PS2 and GameCube. I even liked it more than the 360, as the years went by the 360 started to loose my interest slowly. There was alot of games on Xbox I hoped would translate to 360 besides just Halo and Ninja Gaiden. I plan on sticking to PlayStation for a while...until they screw up like MSoft lol.

Xbox to me needs to do better with the dashboard. Like all things people like to personalize. You have to pay over 200 msp for a MOS theme and you can basically get the same thing but one that actually moves for free due to the PS3 themes community.

I spoke to my friends today for the first time about the Xbox controversy and they're still determined to get an Xbox now, mainly because they dislike change and they want to play against each other as usual so I guess the whole drm/kinect issue(s) are not as important to some people as others.

I reckon Microsoft will still be in the console wars but with a greatly reduced role than their dominance with the 360

Xbox to me needs to do better with the dashboard. Like all things people like to personalize. You have to pay over 200 msp for a MOS theme and you can basically get the same thing but one that actually moves for free due to the PS3 themes community.
Theres a free MoS dynamic theme on the EU SEN store. Not sure about NA

I spoke to my friends today for the first time about the Xbox controversy and they're still determined to get an Xbox now, mainly because they dislike change and they want to play against each other as usual so I guess the whole drm/kinect issue(s) are not as important to some people as others.

I reckon Microsoft will still be in the console wars but with a greatly reduced role than their dominance with the 360

Yeah, they'll still be in the console war.. but in don't think they're gonna be #1 again. Pretty much every single one of my friends (all current 360) owners are making the switch to PS4..

Theres a free MoS dynamic theme on the EU SEN store. Not sure about NA

Well you can go online and find free themes made for users, I'm sure someone will make a MoS theme. I have a Star Wars theme for my PS3 and all the icons are Star Wars characters. :D

Well you can go online and find free themes made for users, I'm sure someone will make a MoS theme. I have a Star Wars theme for my PS3 and all the icons are Star Wars characters. :D

Where can you find such themes?? :)

I'm about to preorder (sister getting it for my birthday) :)

But UK games are still listed at £54.99. Not paying that sorry, might get just Battlefield as for some reason it's £5 cheaper. And it'll probably be enough to keep me busy for a while, as long as some of my friends also get it for launch. There's a loads of next gen games I really like the look of but they're all kind of equal. Nothing standing out from the pack at the moment.

I'm thinking of getting Watch Dogs instead of FIFA 14 which originally I pre-ordered with.

I'll probabaly wait a few years before getting one. It's not like they'll stop making games for the 360 or PS3 for quite some time. If Gamefaqs isn't trolling they're still making FIFA 14 for PS2, so how long will they make them for the 360/PS3?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718930-fifa-14

They need to get rid of the flipping ads if you're a gold member.

I am interested in this, too.

also, I hope the PS4 continues the use of themes and lets you customize your wallpaper, etc.

What I did is access the internet browser on the PS3 then go to the website ps3-themes.com and look around, alot of them aren't too good but you can find amazing ones. Although I'm sure there is other sites you can find by searching ps3 themes on Google. Its easy using the PS3 as it saves them directly.

Yeah for my Star Wars theme I changed the background to a static wallpaper as it kept changing to the same background every time but kept the icons. You can really customize some of them really well.

I will be getting both consoles on day one. I like the exclusive games on each console, so it's a no brainer for me. I personally can't wait.

So, kinda thinking with the XBone changes, maybe we should get Part 3 started and see where everyone stands now. I'm still in favor of the PS4, but Xbox is a little more convincing now.

I was just about to post in here saying the same thing. And it's only 75 posts left in this thread anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"