Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, kinda thinking with the XBone changes, maybe we should get Part 3 started and see where everyone stands now. I'm still in favor of the PS4, but Xbox is a little more convincing now.

Microsoft has shown that everything is on the table. Who knows what's going to happen between now and October/November. It'd probably be best to wait until the dust settles, or we'll be restarting this poll every month.

What I did is access the internet browser on the PS3 then go to the website ps3-themes.com and look around, alot of them aren't too good but you can find amazing ones. Although I'm sure there is other sites you can find by searching ps3 themes on Google. Its easy using the PS3 as it saves them directly.

Thanks, I'll check it out! :)

The Internet in the past couple weeks:

[YT]aC8jz8haNnk[/YT]

Xbox to me needs to do better with the dashboard. Like all things people like to personalize. You have to pay over 200 msp for a MOS theme and you can basically get the same thing but one that actually moves for free due to the PS3 themes community.
Yes, it should be a lot easier to find good themes. The one I have at the moment it crap. As for dashboard personalisation I think they are doing that with videos of your top gameplay moments and trackers for achievements that you're currently making progress on plus you can write/edit your own ad hoc stuff on there.

I spoke to my friends today for the first time about the Xbox controversy and they're still determined to get an Xbox now, mainly because they dislike change and they want to play against each other as usual so I guess the whole drm/kinect issue(s) are not as important to some people as others.

I reckon Microsoft will still be in the console wars but with a greatly reduced role than their dominance with the 360
I think changing controller, familiar interface and friends list is important to many who only use a single console and aren't familair with the others at all.

Microsoft has shown that everything is on the table. Who knows what's going to happen between now and October/November. It'd probably be best to wait until the dust settles, or we'll be restarting this poll every month.

But the Xbox 180 was pretty significant, though. Unless they get rid of Kinect or change the prices, there really isn't that much more left for changes with Microsoft.

But the Xbox 180 was pretty significant, though. Unless they get rid of Kinect or change the prices, there really isn't that much more left for changes with Microsoft.

It's being rumored now that they will announce a self publishing program for the One. The self publishing the PS4 is allowing is a pretty big deal, MS following suite would be yet another way of evening the playing field.

Though, adjusting all their plans to create parity with the PS4 doesn't exactly build my confidence in what MS is doing with the One.

Not to mention that Sony is going to have to respond somehow to the 180, and who knows what that could manifest as.

Last edited:
Both companies have a couple exclusives left & that's what interest me the most. A new Uncharted & LBP from Sony & a new Banjo & Crackdown from MS would be great

Though, adjusting all their plans to create parity with the PS4 doesn't exactly build my confidence in what MS is doing with the One.
It doesn't bode well that MS is going into this next gen directly copying Sony on so many levels. They all do it do a degree it just seems like so much in just a 2 week span. From the "Plus" like incentives to Gold, region free games, and all that stuff regarding DRM, used games, discs, sharing, etc... Sony looked at MS and was like lets do the exact opposite of them and MS looked at Sony and is like, lets do exactly what they are doing. Its quite funny actually.

Doing nothing different from the current gen isn't doing the opposite.

What does Xbox One do that's so different from current gen that the PS4 doesn't?

Live TV? Not even close to a system selling feature.

People are acting like Sony lead the way into the next generation with some kinda forward thinking about gaming when they literally did nothing. Their hugely popular policies are the same ones that have been in place for years. People saw X1 as a step backwards, which is fine. But let's not pretend Sony did anything but stay still.

People are acting like Sony lead the way into the next generation with some kinda forward thinking about gaming when they literally did nothing.

I wouldn't call 'not being viciously anti-consumer and trying to dictate how millions of people interact with their entertainment' doing nothing. It's a bit passive perhaps but apparently that's what the majority wanted. It's certainly something.

You don't get point for not getting worse. If there were a score, it should be -1 to 0 at best.

I will totally agree, they did nothing, but at the same time it was something. They one of the best things a company can do when going up against a company like Microsoft. They reached the the consumer. They reached the common gamer. They took a stand against what Microsoft was doing and they're reaping the early benefits of it.

They did nothing, but in an increasing ananti-consumer industry like the video game industry, it was everything.

People are acting like Sony lead the way into the next generation with some kinda forward thinking about gaming when they literally did nothing. Their hugely popular policies are the same ones that have been in place for years. People saw X1 as a step backwards, which is fine. But let's not pretend Sony did anything but stay still.

Well to be fair, Sony could have just as easily said, we're doing the exact same thing, and given us no choice.

You don't get point for not getting worse. If there were a score, it should be -1 to 0 at best.

I disagree. You get points for not being anti-consumer, and not being anti-indie.

You know what would give either system a big lead now? The system that allows modding, but to me that's obviously wishful thinking.

MS took a direct stance following their reveal. Sony's announced plans had them going in a completely different direction. How is that not the opposite /.

I could never go back to MS... they showed who they are. It's a standards thing.. and I can't figure out why anyone would want to give them money at this point.

to each his own... But still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"