Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are just too proud. They won't change their stance on DRM and the price will stay the same. But after the first 2 months, they might do a price slash. As for DRM, every fan has the power to vote with their wallet. Don't buy it at launch. Don't buy it after 6 months. Heck, don't buy it in a year and stick with your 360. Wait until you hear Microsoft admit they were wrong. Then buy the Xbox One.

Interesting results from Gamefaqs polls

Pqol1ZO.jpg

eruDX6V.jpg

Less than 5% said they are definetly getting an X1....OUCH!

The PS4 is looking quite a bit better than the xbox now. That's kinda sad. I like my 360 and I won't get rid of it until it's dead dead. I had my previous one fixed three times before I got rid of it. After the ps4 launches and the price drops a bit I'd consider getting it where with the XB1 there's a very low chance I'd consider it at this point. Like I've said before the exclusives for both systems aren't very interesting to me. I like my open world "wander around for 80+ hours before starting the main story" type games, like Fallout and the ES series. I do like the Crackdown series though. If they make a sequel to it they need to change it up from the same map as the two previous games.

Not even a competition.

Can't Get An Xbox One Online? Buy An Xbox 360.

Is there any way around Microsoft's mandatory 24-hour "check in" on the Xbox One? Nope. Well, there is one. It just doesn't involve buying an Xbox One.

Speaking with Destructoid, Microsoft's Phil Spencer was asked what someone with no internet access would do if they wanted to buy an Xbox One.

"I mean the analogy, and I don't know if it's a great analogy… let's say I live in an area that doesn't have cell service. I wouldn't go buy a cell phone. Now, I might roam in different areas where my cellphone becomes active."

"The 360 ecosystem is a great ecosystem for somebody that's in a purely disconnected state for long periods of time. We have built a natively connected device with Xbox One and we think the experiences are moving in that direction."

I wonder just how long it's going to take hackers to break the "check in" requirement once the console is released in November.

Source

I think they are just too proud. They won't change their stance on DRM and the price will stay the same. But after the first 2 months, they might do a price slash. As for DRM, every fan has the power to vote with their wallet. Don't buy it at launch. Don't buy it after 6 months. Heck, don't buy it in a year and stick with your 360. Wait until you hear Microsoft admit they were wrong. Then buy the Xbox One.

Thats exactly whats going to happen. They aren't going to change anything immediately, like you said, they're too proud and they'll try and sell as many people on these restrictions as they can, but when they start seeing Sony grossly outsell them month after month, they will be FORCED to make changes. Changes i can guarantee you they already have plans for.

I agree tho, if ya want the XB1, just wait.

Putting MMOs and F2P/P2W behind the multiplayer paywall is kinda counterproductive. Not that I care all that much. Gonna listen to the link. :up:

Undecided until MS lower the price or Sony announces some exclusives I care about outside of InFamous.

I want Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Halo 5, Titan Fall, Quantum Break & Killer Instinct, but not for 500 bucks. Meanwhile I want a cheaper console & being able to Lend games to friends (I don't sell games anymore, I always regret it) but not when the console has only has 1 cool exclusive so far.

If Sony said Uncharted 4 was coming next year I probably would've been sold

Undecided until MS lower the price or Sony announces some exclusives I care about outside of InFamous.

I want Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Halo 5, Titan Fall, Quantum Break & Killer Instinct, but not for 500 bucks. Meanwhile I want a cheaper console & being able to Lend games to friends (I don't sell games anymore, I always regret it) but not when the console has only has 1 cool exclusive so far.

If Sony said Uncharted 4 was coming next year I probably would've been sold
the rumor is that DR3, Ryse and TF are all timed exclusives and will make their way to the PS4 next year. Just rumors at this point but I think its entirely possible

MS may lose DR as an exclusive?,That's kinds big

Hey, they get FFXV and KHIII now. Only fair PS4 gets some of their games.

MS may lose DR as an exclusive?,That's kinds big
not if they don't really have it. If its timed exclusive, they are likely paying Capcom not to talk about it, much like they did with 2K and the original Bioshock

LOL lopsided poll is lopsided.

Anyway it's back to Sony for me. I'm done with MS.

EA Denies Asking Microsoft For Used Games DRM

The natural assumption to make when confronted with Microsoft's used game restrictions is to blame video game publishers. They're the ones who went to war with GameStop over used game resales, they're the ones who instituted online passes, they're the ones who stand to benefit from anything that can make people buy games new (where they make money) instead of used (where GameStop makes all the money).

According to EA's Peter Moore, however, one of the world's biggest publishers had no part in Microsoft's decision whatsoever.

Asked by Polygon whether EA had lobbied Microsoft to implement the restrictions, Moore replied, "Absolutely incorrect. As the guy who is the chief operating officer of Electronic Arts I can tell you that EA did not aggressively lobby for the platform holders to put some gating function in there to allow or disallow used games. I am on record as being a proponent of used games."

"EA has never had a conversation", he later adds, "and I have been present at all of them, with all of the manufacturers, saying you must put a system in place that allows us to take a piece of the action or even stop it. Absolutely incorrect."

He's also asked how EA would be supporting the two competing platforms different used games strategies, replying "We have not internally even begun to sit down and answer those questions." Again, as with Ubisoft, a weird answer given how close we are to these system's release.

Source

Microsoft tried to throw EA under the bus by blaming it on the publishers (which is completely true). After the massacre that happened yesterday it's pretty easy for them to throw MS under the bus instead.

Both EA and Ubisoft's vague "we haven't decided yet" comments definitely mean the PS4 reaction had had an effect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back