Xenoblade Chronicles: Worth the arm and leg?

Thundercrack85

Avenger
Reaction score
The game was already hard to find, and expensive, but since the announcement of X, prices have tripled. It's going for over 200 dollars on some sites. I've never played it, but I hear it's one of the best Wii games. Is it worth more than a hundred dollars?

no game is worth 100$
Tis a fun game and there is a chance it will be reprinted ass WiiU is backwards compatible.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how the BC of the Wii U lends to it being reprinted? You mean remastered in HD like Wind Waker will be? I guess that's possible, but I don't know, it's a tricky one. One of the reasons it's so rare is that it was, I believe, a Gamestop exclusive, and they have stopped stocking it. If I recall correctly, it came very close to not being localized to begin with. Kind of wish I'd picked it up at the time, too. I know I'm not going to pay that kind of money for it.

If the WiiU wasn't BC then they would never reissue it this late in the Wii life cycle. They may still though if the sequel sells a ton since you can still use it on their NG console.

X isn't actually a sequel to Xenoblade, at least I don't believe it is. But yeah, if it sells well enough, I guess I could see Nintendo reprinting it with a wider distribution than a single store. If X even comes over here anyway :/

I don't know about it being reprinted, since the Wii is obsolete, but, if it is available for the Wii U, presumably the price for the Wii game would drop, since, right now, the only way to play it is to have a physical copy. They'll still be expensive, but Amazon won't be selling them for 244 dollars.

Yeah, usually you see the price drop when they do remasters like that for rare games.

Oh guys, if anyone was still wondering, to answer my own question, no, no it's not worth it.

Quite frankly I wouldn't pay 60 for it.

I love how Gamestop is selling a game they have a monopoly on for 90 dollars - used.

Power to the players, indeed.

Last edited:
Oh guys, if anyone was still wondering, to answer my own question, no, no it's not worth it.

Quite frankly I wouldn't pay 60 for it.

I love how Gamestop is selling a game they have a monopoly on for 90 dollars - used.

Power to the players, indeed.
:bow: that's what happens when you have no real competition too. Also it's time for Nintendo to cut that contract that's allowing for this too.

Last edited:
If you wanna hear something even shadier, it's being speculated that these are actually official reprints that GS is simply selling as pre-owned. No one is commenting on that story, though, so it may be true.

Did you get it?

Yup. And then I got rid of it. Biggest disappointment since Obama.

Decent soundtrack though.

Sluggish gameplay, awkward controls, dated graphics (granted it's a Wii game), the laziest localization I've seen, maybe for 29.99. Maybe. But 80 (guess it's 90 now?) for a used game, are you kidding me?

Let Gamestop find another sucker.

Sluggish gameplay, awkward controls, dated graphics (granted it's a Wii game), the laziest localization I've seen, maybe for 29.99. Maybe. But 80 (guess it's 90 now?) for a used game, are you kidding me?

Let Gamestop find another sucker.

had a feeling the price added to it . but there was alot of positives to it as well . I'm sure the world very open or at least seemed so and it felt almost MMO like. but cause of that what it cost for you financially I mean and since you didn't enjoy it as much due to the controls it seems to have killed for ya. Sorry to hear that man.

I love the game myself. Never getting rid of it.

Don't it's a solid game and worth it. I take it you bought it before game stop put the insane prices on it, right?

had a feeling the price added to it . but there was alot of positives to it as well . I'm sure the world very open or at least seemed so and it felt almost MMO like. but cause of that what it cost for you financially I mean and since you didn't enjoy it as much due to the controls it seems to have killed for ya. Sorry to hear that man.

It's okay. I got Tales of Xillia with the money instead.

Worth every cent.

The controls were a real pain. The thing is, if a Wii game doesn't make liberal use of the motion technology, the controls are... rather awkward. Hell, even then they're kind of off.

Last edited:
oh yeah I think that ones sequel is coming out soon and the two main characters from the one you mentioned help in that one. Well hopefully X will be more for you, when it comes out.

Xenoblade Chronicles “Drops” To $65 On GameStop. September 7, 2013 . 11:01am

At $65, you now have a little bit less reasons to buy from those high-priced eBay sellers.

xenoblade-chronicles-gamestop-deal.jpg

Funnily enough, years after release, you can finally buy Xenoblade Chronicles for near the original retail price. Well, almost. Now at $5 more than MSRP, you can get the GameStop “exclusive” pre-owned copy of Xenoblades Chronicles on the Wii for $65.

A few weeks ago, GameStop decided to slash the price on the previously out-of-print game from a ridiculous $89.99 to $79.99 (gee, thanks GameStop!), but with a new September GameStop coupon, you can take another $15 off, making it much less of a rip-off.

This deal is definitely better than buying from eBay sellers who ask anywhere from $70 all the way up to $169.99 (what the…). Other console deals of note include the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V, for which can get a pre-order bonus of 1600 Xbox Live Points if you purchase from Microsoft Store online. Given Microsoft will be converting the points value to dollar amounts whenever the Xbone arrives, you’re essentially getting a bonus $20 in your Xbox Live account.

Start End Game Title MSRP % Off Sale Price
Sep 5 Sep 10 Xenoblade Chronicles – Pre-owned (Wii) $89.99 28% $64.99
Sep 6 N/A Grand Theft Auto V + Xbox Live 1600 Pts $59.99 n/a $59.99
Sep 4 N/A Madden NFL 25 (360, PS3) $59.99 17% $49.99
Sep 4 Sep 17 Killer is Dead (360, PS3) $59.99 17% $49.99
Sep 4 N/A Tales of Xillia (PS3) $59.99 17% $49.99
Sep 4 Sep 17 Rayman Legends (360, PS3) $59.99 17% $49.99
Sep 4 Sep 17 Diablo 3 (360, PS3) $59.99 17% $49.99
Sep 2 Sep 7 The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (360, PS3) $59.99 33% $39.99
Sep 3 Sep 9 Ben 10: Omniverse 2 (360, PS3) $39.99 13% $34.99
Sep 3 Sep 9 Scribblenauts UnMasked (Nintendo 3DS) $39.99 13% $34.99
Sep 2 Sep 7 Deadpool (360, PS3) $49.99 40% $29.99

PC game deals for the week include Final Fantasy VII from GameFly for only $6.39. This is the recently reworked Steam version with slightly less annoying DRM, in addition to extra PC features like Cloud Save and Character Booster.

Start End Game Title MSRP % Off Sale Price
Sep 4 Sep 9 BioShock Infinite (Steam) $39.99 60% $15.99
Sep 6 Sep 13 Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Steam) $14.99 20% $12.00
Sep 5 N/A Castle of Illusion… Mickey Mouse (Steam) $14.99 20% $11.99
Sep 6 Sep 13 Dragon Age 2 & Origins Bundle (Origin) $49.98 84% $8.00
Sep 6 Sep 10 Final Fantasy VII (Steam) $11.99 47% $6.39

This post is brought to you by the crew at Dealzon. We’re here to help Siliconera readers find the best gaming deals online, whether for the PC or console. To be clear, Siliconera will sometimes make money if you buy a game. Feedback? Let us know in the comments. http://www.dealzon.com/

source:Siliconera

Last edited:
Xenoblade And Metroid Prime Trilogy Coming To GameStop For $40, Ad Suggests. October 18, 2013 . 11:02am

You may recall that GameStop previously bought these two out-of-print titles back for a high price. Well, it looks like they’re going to be discounting them pretty soon.
BFads.net, the same site that leaked the Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds GameStop bundle, has also leaked another ad from the retail chain—this one advertising two rare Wii games, Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy, for $40 each. Take a look at the ad below.

You may recall that GameStop previously bought these two out-of-print titles back for a high price. Well, it looks like they’re going to be discounting them pretty soon.
source:Siliconera

Oh, I could actually go for both of those at that price. I don't own MP2, and I never finished MP3. I wonder if that's online, too, or only in stores? Because I hate going out on Black Friday, blergh. Such a ****ing mad house everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"