XIII: The Movie

thejon93

Forever Haunted
Reaction score
I was venturing around the internet and found something of interest. Set for a release in 2008 is the comic-book based, conspiracy tale called XIII. The movie will star Stephen Dorff as the title role of XIII, Val Kilmer as Mongoose, etc. I don't know what to think of this yet but it sounds pretty decent, the story is amazing, the characters are mysterious which is interesting ad you follow them around through this parallel universe, everything is just awesome. Like I said, I don't know what to think of it yet but, we should always give things a shot right? But, if you have your assumptions about how this film will turn out please post them, it's XIII: The Movie.

I was venturing around the internet and found something of interest. Set for a release in 2008 is the comic-book based, conspiracy tale called XIII. The movie will star Stephen Dorff as the title role of XIII, Val Kilmer as Mongoose, etc. I don't know what to think of this yet but it sounds pretty decent, the story is amazing, the characters are mysterious which is interesting ad you follow them around through this parallel universe, everything is just awesome. Like I said, I don't know what to think of it yet but, we should always give things a shot right? But, if you have your assumptions about how this film will turn out please post them, it's XIII: The Movie.

Awesome. I just finished playing the video game and all the while I was thinking this would make a great movie. However, Hollywood will again botch another video game remake.
011504box.jpg

I wonder who will play the female lead? I nominate Beyonce.

XIII = Stephen Dorff

Mongoose = Val Kilmer
icone_mongoose.gif

Agent Jones = Beyonce???

General Carrington = ????
icone_carrington.gif

McCall = Willem Dafoe???

Chief of Staff William Standwell = ???
icone_standwell.gif

i know about a character called AGENT13[a pulp style hero,not the marvel character] is this it or do you mean golgo 13?

I usually do not like to rely on Wikipedia for info but here's the full list of cast members:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XIII_(film)
Actor - Role
Stephen Dorff - XIII
Val Kilmer - Mongoose
Jessalyn Gilsig - Kim Rowland
Caterina Murino - Sam
Stephen McHattie - General Carrington
Julian Richings - Cody
Daniel DeSanto - Tech Agent
Barbara Gordon - Martha Miller
Mimi Kuzyk - Sally Sheridan
Greg Bryk - Colonel Amos
Lucinda Davis - Major Jones

Also, I hope that if it's possible they can make this flick sorta like A Scanner Darkly(animation wise that is) instead of just making it a sub-par, everyday, comic-book adaption. Although I really do have faith in this movie and I hope that it can somehow rise through the ranks.

Awesome. I just finished playing the video game and all the while I was thinking this would make a great movie. However, Hollywood will again botch another video game remake.
Eh? The game is based on the comic XIII.

i know about a character called AGENT13[a pulp style hero,not the marvel character] is this it or do you mean golgo 13?
Nopers. Btw, Marvel has actually published XIII in America.
http://comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=14028

Couple of links:
Official French site: http://www.treize.com/
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XIII_(comic_book)

About the movie, I think The Dorff is a miscast. :csad:

Yes but Hollywood likely got it's first dose of this concept from David Duchovny's voice work as XIII in the game.

Yes, and Val Kilmer is off as Mongoose.
Really, I think that it's mostly going to come down to if they can act well in the roles they're portraying; that's the most important thing they need to get right in my opinion.

wow that s a good idea... The problem is every video game movie is a flop!

the links didn't give me any info on XIII whats the skinny
The links only have the release date; 2008, the cast; already posted, and possible sub-title for film; XIII, XIII: The Conspiracy(I personally hope that they just stick with XIII but that's just me).

thanks but i meant whats the skinny on the SERIES can you post a link to XIII's official sie or something/

it's not gonna be a movie but a miniseries, coming on french TV fall 2008

Some casting ideas I had:

Dr. Johansson - David Strathairn
McCall - Robert Patrick
Kim Rowland - Charlize Theron
Major Jones - Rihanna (I mean if she was a bit older and actress)
General Carrington - Lee Marvin would have been ideal cast back in the days
Judith Warner - Julianna Margulies

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"