The Winter Soldier "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread - Part 1

Well, with her confirmed on returning to reprise her role within "Winter Soldier", what do you guys hope to see from her in terms of her arc for the film?

Here's a rundown of her evolution within the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" so far:

- IRON MAN 2 (2010)

scarlett-johansson-iron-man-black-widow.jpg

6a00d8341c630a53ef0133ecac7da2970b-600wi.jpg

Scarlett-Johansson-as-Black-Widow-in-Iron-Man-2-iPhone-Wallpaper-Download.jpg

- THE AVENGERS (2012)

scarjo%20avengers%20black%20widow%20615%20snyder%20marvel-thumb-615x342-86591.jpg

the-avengers-black-widow-scarlett-johansson-wallpapers-480x800-06.jpg

The-Avengers-Headshots-Scarlett-Johansson.jpg

Well, if you want to look at it in that very narrow kind of way, then only Iron Man defeated the Chitauri.
His redirection of the missle took out the entire alien army. (and hey, it was SHIELD's missle, do they get credit?)
Black Widow just closed the door after it was over.

But really, they needed hawkeye's intel, cap's direction, Hulk's ass-kicking, and Thor single handedly stopping hundreds or thousands of more soldiers coming through
Point is, they all had their part to play

That's always been the point we've been trying to get across. Many continue to state that Black Widow didn't have enough to do in either of the films she appeared in when she played just as integral a part as everyone else. Favreau & Whedon didn't just throw her in there haphazardly & say "okay, now go look good."

Don't destroy her character Joss!

That's right, I still haven't forgiven Joss for Angel season 4.

Congrats to ScarJo, though.

So, ScarJo's apparently pregnant!

http://www.eonline.com/news/506867/scarlett-johansson-pregnant-actress-expecting-first-child-with-fiance-romain-dauriac

This is going to make her fight scenes in AOU really interesting :) Although I wouldn't mind watching a pregnant woman kicking ass and taking names.

Scarlett recently talked about working with her stunt double, Heidi Moneymaker, who has done all of the Marvel films with her. Heidi is the one who came up with that unique take-down move from TA. I'm sure this just means that Heidi will handle all of the stunts for AOU, though there are probably some things that Scarlett can do. The film is already scripted so it should be easy for Whedon to work things out so that most of Scarlett's scenes are filmed immediately, to account for her pregnancy. There shouldn't be a problem at all, as she is likely very early on.

It's really despicable when people in Hollywood penalize actresses for becoming pregnant. Not only are there laws covering this sort of situation, there is also common decency to consider.

Yeah, I think Whedon will probably work it out with ScarJo to have her film all the difficult action scenes early in the filming, so it won't interfere with her pregnancy. I also think that being a veteran actress she had think it through before getting pregnant, knowing that the shooting for AoU is around the corner. The timing is a bit too close, however.

Congratulations to Scarlett on her pregnancy. I also believe that Whedon will work something out with her to work around her pregnancy.

Women accidentally get pregnant all of the time.

WHAAAAAAAA?! Get. Out.

:woot:

Yeah, I kind of love that most of the men's reactions are like, "But they need to be careful with her/what's going to happen with the shooting schedule/OMG she can't do things body double all over the place!!" While the women are all, "Sheesh! Bring it on sister!"

I'm pretty amazed what a pregnant woman's body's capable of, actually. Physically, at least.

I'm just laughing because some are assuming this pregnancy was planned and I seriously doubt it. What woman would want to work on a big budget action film while pregnant? Like you say Suzanne it isn't the end of the world and there is nothing to worry about, Scarlett Johansson will be just fine.

I just say congrats to Scar-jo, she's having something I never want to have, a kid.

Dammit Scarlett.....I had to find out like this? :(

Yay for all the commentary/thinkpieces that imply just because Scarlett's preggo = unable to do her job, which is to act. One on Movieweb basically implies that they might just kill her off altogether. *insert largest eyeroll ever here*

And by "Yay" I mean KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

Yay for all the commentary/thinkpieces that imply just because Scarlett's preggo = unable to do her job, which is to act. One on Movieweb basically implies that they might just kill her off altogether. *insert largest eyeroll ever here*

And by "Yay" I mean KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

Reading the articles about Scarlett's pregnancy is like taking a trip back to the 1950's. Have these people never heard of stunt doubles, body doubles and common ****ing sense?

When RDJ broke his ankle filming Iron Man 3, the production stopped for over a month and when it resumed many of his scenes were done by a stunt double. Downey's face was digitally imposed over the double's in post production in several sequences and it was so seamless that we would never have guessed if it hadn't been revealed. Hell, Chris Evans was digitally shrunk for the Skinny Steve Rogers sequences in CATFA. Who's to say that can't be done for Scarlett?

E! says that Marvel is going to film Scarlett's scenes first, which most sensible people already assumed would happen. The people claiming that this is the end of the world, or at least the end of Natasha Romanoff, are idiots. :cmad:

Reading the articles about Scarlett's pregnancy is like taking a trip back to the 1950's. Have these people never heard of stunt doubles, body doubles and common ****ing sense?

When RDJ broke his ankle filming Iron Man 3, the production stopped for over a month and when it resumed many of his scenes were done by a stunt double. Downey's face was digitally imposed over the double's in post production in several sequences and it was so seamless that we would never have guessed if it hadn't been revealed. Hell, Chris Evans was digitally shrunk for the Skinny Steve Rogers sequences in CATFA. Who's to say that can't be done for Scarlett?

E! says that Marvel is going to film Scarlett's scenes first, which most sensible people already assumed would happen. The people claiming that this is the end of the world, or at least the end of Natasha Romanoff, are idiots. :cmad:
There's probably going to be some creative hiding once she starts filming and any shots of her in the catsuit will likely be stunt doubles or heavily CGI-d.

Not surprised about all the disgusting comments and insensitivity toward Johansson's pregnancy.

Similar comments were made about Kirsten Dunst when she was starring in Spider-Man and it was rumored she was pregnant. I was suspended for pointing this out for some reason, but oh well.

I'm surprised by the news, but filming should be fine. They shot around dead actors, so this shouldn't be a big deal.

A lot of the shooting for AOU will probably happen BEFORE she really starts showing. Then can get most of the strenuous action scenes out of the way early, use her stunt double when needed, and then just do the quieter character stuff later on. It's not that hard.

It probably won't affect it, but is it bad that I'm hoping her role gets shrunk a bit??
I want the other female roles to get beefed up, and Joss's obsession with BW can be a tad annoying at times..

what other leading female roles in that movie? the Scarlett Witch? Maria Hill?

Widow seems like the next break out star from the Avengers franchise.

what other leading female roles in that movie? the Scarlett Witch? Maria Hill?

Widow seems like the next break out star from the Avengers franchise.

Only by necessity
SW should most definitely be a leading role, Hill's role should be expanded, and at least one superheroine should be seeded (either Ms Marvel or Jocasta could be done)

Scarlett recently talked about working with her stunt double, Heidi Moneymaker, who has done all of the Marvel films with her. Heidi is the one who came up with that unique take-down move from TA. I'm sure this just means that Heidi will handle all of the stunts for AOU, though there are probably some things that Scarlett can do. The film is already scripted so it should be easy for Whedon to work things out so that most of Scarlett's scenes are filmed immediately, to account for her pregnancy. There shouldn't be a problem at all, as she is likely very early on.

It's really despicable when people in Hollywood penalize actresses for becoming pregnant. Not only are there laws covering this sort of situation, there is also common decency to consider.
Yeah, it really pisses me off when people suddenly think they have the right to condemn actors/actresses for having a life outside their job
That said, I don't think it will be that hard to work around, they might move up filming for her and just use a lot of stunt doubles and pick up shoots. That combined with CGI should make it impossible to tell she was pregnant.
Oh and congratulations to Scarlett.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"