The Winter Soldier "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know though... I mean, I just didn't get the impression that Steve Rogers was the kind of guy that would casually date and sleep with women without making a serious commitment to that person.

And you would be right.

I can't believe this is still being seriously discussed.

Combine the "This is the longest conversation I've ever had with one (woman)"

with Steve's awkward nervousness when the chick was coming on to him,

and the not so subtle "waiting for the right partner" metaphor,

(Not even gonna point out the old school cultural values mindset Steve was brought up with)

and it's painfully obvious the Cap has never known a girl in the Biblical sense.If that causes some of you to lose respect for Steve,that's on you.

Last edited:
And you would be right.

I can't believe this is still being seriously discussed.

Combine the "This is the longest conversation I've ever had with one (woman)"

with Steve's awkward nervousness when the chick was coming on to him,

and the not so subtle "waiting for the right partner" metaphor,

(Not even gonna point out the old school cultural values mindset Steve was brought up with)

and it's painfully obvious the Cap has never known a girl in the Biblical sense.If that causes some of you to lose respect for Steve,that's on you.

Personally, I thin it's an admirable trait that he has for sure.

Though I do hope to see the dude have a "TDKR" scene (ala Bruce and Talia) with Natasha in the film, if only just for the sake to end the debate as to whether he's a virgin or not.

Though I do hope to see the dude have a "TDKR" scene (ala Bruce and Talia) with Natasha in the film, if only just for the sake to end the debate as to whether he's a virgin or not.

Same here.

I actually hope for the opposite to happen and they confirm he's a virgin.That'll drive the macho fanboys nuts.:hehe:

i just want to see him older a tall glass of milk at a bar.

Captain America is a man of Intensity, intelligence and integrity. Oh it's true, it's damn true.

I'm really surprised that this is even a debate. I thought that it was made blatantly obvious from Steve's actions/words that he was a virgin. I believe that Peggy was the first woman that he ever kissed for real (Natalie Dormer doesn't count, she caught him offguard).

I wouldn't call it an admirable trait of Steve's. But it is an admirable detail about about the movie. Pop culture has it that a woman who has sex is not good while a man who doesn't have sex is a loser or a weirdo. It's pretty interesting that they all but state that Steve is a virgin, but don't show him as less of a man for being so, not does it make a point of having him loose his virginity at any point.

Same here.

I actually hope for the opposite to happen and they confirm he's a virgin.That'll drive the macho fanboys nuts.:hehe:

Wouldn't drive me nuts at all. If he's a virgin, fine and dandy. Doesn't make him any better, or any worse, than anybody else out there who isn't one. I just think it's very naive to think that a grown man, especially a very handsome one who spends the bulk of his (short) adult life around tons of gorgeous women who literally throw themselves at him, wouldn't have taken the opportunity when it was offered.

Steve Rogers has never been portrayed as a monk; dunno why the MCU would feel the need.

Well I've said this before, but assuming if Black Widow's character isn't sacrificed in terms of quality when it comes to romantically pairing her up with Steve in this film, one of the reasons why I'm interested in seeing this aspect is that prior to this film, I never got the impression that Natasha would ever be interested or even capable of allowing someone to see the vulnerable/intimate side of her that lovers normally tend to share, so it adds a new layer for her character from my perspective.

Captain America is 90 years old and still a virgin in the movies.

It's true. It's true.

Didn't realize I had stumbled into the, "Is Steve Rogers a virgin?" Thread. Lol.

I think Black Widow should settle down with a nice regular everyday normal guy. Like a doctor or something. I've always liked the scenereo of a powerful, capable, ruthless killer of a woman having a naive normal husband waiting for them at home. Sort of a juxtaposition of sorts. Like Vivica Fox and Uma Thermons characters in Kill Bill.

Too many times in stories and other media powerful , dangerous, capable men have naive innocent significant others. I find the reverse far more interesting personally.

BW doesn't strike me as the kind of person to settle down period, much less with someone normal.

I just heard Scarjo is supposed to be down here next month to talk to Walmart about a Black Widow line of Under wear

I don't see why the can't do both. BW maybe being romantically involved with WS in the past does not mean that she can't be involved with someone in the present, since her relationship with WS is long over. And no, I don't think that it would reduce her as a character to have a love interest, as long as that's not ALL there is to her.

People could get more invested in the Bucky/Natasha relationship than Steve/Natasha.

People could get more invested in the Bucky/Natasha relationship than Steve/Natasha.
How? In the long run, the Steve/Natasha pairing could get more audience investment since both of them will be in AoU as well.

I really wish they'd go back and explore the Natasha/Clint relationship.

"Is this love,Agent Romanoff?" *cue Whitesnake*:woot:

How? In the long run, the Steve/Natasha pairing could get more audience investment since both of them will be in AoU as well.

But in the short run, people could get pretty involved with the sidestory of two reluctant spies falling for one another, especially given how Winter Soldier will likely be a sympathetic figure and probably would end the movie as Bucky.

tumblr_mv6mpjz90p1s55cxco1_500.gif
tumblr_mv6mpjz90p1s55cxco2_500.gif
tumblr_mv6mpjz90p1s55cxco3_500.gif
tumblr_mv6mpjz90p1s55cxco4_500.gif

The drop down/shooting scene was probably the stand out moment in the trailer for me. A solo Black Widow movie was like that would be pretty nifty.

The drop down/shooting scene was probably the stand out moment in the trailer for me. A solo Black Widow movie was like that would be pretty nifty.

The flipkick is awesome, but the wire work is terrible.

I didn't really understand that scene. Is she shooting to slow her decent... like in a video game or something?

I didn't really understand that scene. Is she shooting to slow her decent... like in a video game or something?
Probably shooting at targets below her that aren't visible in that clip yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"