The Winter Soldier "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, it really looks like she's about to kiss Batman in this gif.

I know it's a joke, but you might be onto something there....could be Steve after all, and Tasha was leaning up to kiss him. He freaks out and pushes her back, basically telling her to get hold of herself, it's never gonna work, yadda yadda yadda.

What makes you think it's a guy?

Height difference and shoulders being a bit broad to be a female frame.

Not to mention there being only 3 other female characters and significantly more males. It isn't Peggy, hard to imagine it being Sharon, leaving Maria.

Maria doesn't strike me as a handsy type.

I know it's a joke, but you might be onto something there....could be Steve after all, and Tasha was leaning up to kiss him. He freaks out and pushes her back, basically telling her to get hold of herself, it's never gonna work, yadda yadda yadda.

Hard to imagine Steve responding that way to a kiss. Or Natasha being that pushy, for that matter.

Though, judging by how he acts around Amanda Righetti in the last movie, he could be less delicate when he thinks he's being jerked around.

Hi everyone, I just joined. I was skimming this topic and don't think this has been discussed yet (If it has, I apologize), but what does everyone think about the fact that close-up pics make it appear that Natasha's necklace is an [BLACKOUT]arrow?[/BLACKOUT]

Hi everyone, I just joined. I was skimming this topic and don't think this has been discussed yet (If it has, I apologize), but what does everyone think about the fact that close-up pics make it appear that Natasha's necklace is an [BLACKOUT]arrow?[/BLACKOUT]

Haven't been able to find a pic supporting that online. Do you have an image, or link?

I think the hooded man might be Sam. I can't see Steve acting aggressive like that.

Winter Soldier is possible, but I doubt it. A large part of WS's appeal as a villain would be the uncertainty as to whether there is any part of Bucky in him that can be brought back. I think that establishing him as someone who remembers and visits his former flame takes away that tension.

Also, the leaked script pages

showed Sam meeting Steve, and taking about being an Air Force or Marine Vet (that is, not mentioning he is a SHEILD agent). Perhaps Sam was ordered to befriend Steve (in a similar way to Natasha suggesting Steve date 'Nurse Kate')? If he is hiding his identity as a SHIELD agent, that might be why he is wearing the hoodie.

That doesn't make much sense. Steve wouldn't shove Natasha for just trying to kiss him. Besides, we've seen set photos of the two of them sharing what looked like a very willing kiss. There is no context on either photo as yet so there is no way of knowing how the scenes will play out. In fact, there's no reason to think the shoving scene involves a kiss at all.

tumblr_inline_mobqz0ZnzQ1qz4rgp.jpg

Haven't been able to find a pic supporting that online. Do you have an image, or link?

I think the necklace is a clear callback to Natasha and Clint's close relationship. Whether it signifies a past romance or just a close friendship isn't as clear, however.

tumblr_mvz7n3hCsV1sgyzrxo1_500.png

Thanks xeno for posting the picture. I am thinking it probably signifies a relationship but at the same time, it seems a bit of a too "cutesy" thing to do lol. I AM hoping for a cameo from Hawkeye though. Even if he doesn't, its like he is there in spirit!

Thanks xeno for posting the picture. I am thinking it probably signifies a relationship but at the same time, it seems a bit of a too "cutesy" thing to do lol. I AM hoping for a cameo from Hawkeye though. Even if he doesn't, its like he is there in spirit!

Wearing an arrow necklace does seem a bit too sentimental for Natasha, but perhaps it's a cue that her statement that "Love is for children," was merely a master spy hiding her vulnerability. It would also have added meaning if Natasha and Steve develop a relationship in TWS. Most fans assume that the Black Widow is far too cold and unsentimental to ever have feelings for an old fashioned guy like Steve Rogers. Her attachment to Clint shows that she has a softer side that she protects by hiding it deep inside.

That's my $.02, anyway. :cwink:

Kind of makes me wonder though...if the film ends with Steve and Natasha, being more or less an "item"...would they actually show things being kind of awkward between Steve and Clint in the next film if BW really had a past romantic relationship with him?lol

Man, the way their relationship was portrayed on screen in "The Avengers", one wouldn't be able to completely tell if BW and HE are just extremely close but on a platonic level, or if the two had been romantically linked together in the past.

I still really think Steve and Natasha will get close to but not become a real item
Or at least I hope so
I don't like and can't envision Cap and Widow as a couple, nor do I like Evans and Johanssen as one

Wearing an arrow necklace does seem a bit too sentimental for Natasha, but perhaps it's a cue that her statement that "Love is for children," was merely a master spy hiding her vulnerability. It would also have added meaning if Natasha and Steve develop a relationship in TWS. Most fans assume that the Black Widow is far too cold and unsentimental to ever have feelings for an old fashioned guy like Steve Rogers. Her attachment to Clint shows that she has a softer side that she protects by hiding it deep inside.

That's my $.02, anyway. :cwink:
Black Widow isn't nearly as cold as she'd like most people to think that she is. You see in the comics that she has a sense of humor, and she's perfectly capable of being openly affectionate with whomever she is dating at the time. Her interactions with Bucky are both highly affectionate AND amusing.

A couple kisses to me signify that possibly they're trying to hide their face from someone? We're talking about a spy and soldier in street clothes, likely on a mission...

A couple kisses to me signify that possibly they're trying to hide their face from someone? We're talking about a spy and soldier in street clothes, likely on a mission...

We've already had that debate. It's a common (if stupid) tactic writers have characters employ when trying to hide. However, in the real world a couple clogging up an escalator by having a PDA in the middle of a crowd would draw a lot more attention than if they just kept their heads down and acted normally. Steve is wearing a hat and Natasha has on a hoodie that would have helped hide their identities. All that kiss hid was their lips. Natasha's distinctive red hair was clearly visible.

This is what I think. I may be surprised, but I honestly don't think they are going there with these two.

I think there's been every indication that they are getting together, short of them coming forward and saying they are. Actually, wait, they did that too.

Fake kissing to hide is used in fiction, though I agree it doesn't make sense. You have to remember, though, that in about 99% of it happening, it's to tease an eventual actual hookup.

I think there's been every indication that they are getting together, short of them coming forward and saying they are. Actually, wait, they did that too.

Fake kissing to hide is used in fiction, though I agree it doesn't make sense. You have to remember, though, that in about 99% of it happening, it's to tease an eventual actual hookup.

They've teased Natasha/Steve happening, but they never outright said they were together. Natasha's a co-lead, she and Rogers have "an intimate friendship" and she does have a past with WS. That's really the extent of anything that's been discussed by Feige or the directors.

Hell, the "intimate friendship" part may only be referring to the kiss that's already been spoiled.

I don't know. I still think there's an ulterior motive to the kissing. I would love it if this movie kept any romance to the barest minimum… though I do indulge in Steve/Natasha fanwanking from time to time. :woot:

They've teased Natasha/Steve happening, but they never outright said they were together. Natasha's a co-lead, she and Rogers have "an intimate friendship" and she does have a past with WS. That's really the extent of anything that's been discussed by Feige or the directors.

Hell, the "intimate friendship" part may only be referring to the kiss that's already been spoiled.

I don't know. I still think there's an ulterior motive to the kissing. I would love it if this movie kept any romance to the barest minimum… though I do indulge in Steve/Natasha fanwanking from time to time. :woot:

When Evans was asked about new romantic prospects for Steve, he said Natasha. For her part, scarjo went from talking about an intimate friendship to just 'intimate'.

It just seems like there's little reason to doubt it, at this point.

Possibly some plans for Natasha's darker past to come out? Double Agent type shtufff that Marvel has pulled before with her?

I just want her and Bucky to be together...
tumblr_inline_mqidseK3KJ1qz4rgp.png

Possibly some plans for Natasha's darker past to come out? Double Agent type shtufff that Marvel has pulled before with her?

Natasha is a superhero in the MCU. Straight up. That weird crap from the Ultimates has virtually no chance of playing out in the film universe. We probably won't be asked to believe that Natasha is 100 years old, either.

I agree about the Ultimates thing, but Natasha being older than she looks would be FAR from the weirdest thing that's happened in the MCU so far. I'm not saying that they WILL go that route, but it in comparison to some of the other stuff that's happened, it's not all that hard to buy.

We probably won't be asked to believe that Natasha is 100 years old, either.

I hope not! I think Steve and Bucky being "old" is enough...I hope Natasha is only supposed to be 20-something. There is a deleted scene from the Avengers where Banner tells her she is "so young" when she didn't follow a joke that he told lol.

Its really a toss-up on what the romantic interests (if at all) will be...Natasha and Steve kiss, which may or may not be indicating they are getting together (I kinda feel like the more the actors are teasing us with it, the less likely it will happen), Sharon Carter is in the film and may be a potential love interest for Steve, Bucky is obviously in the film and may be a past or future love interest for Natasha, she is wearing an arrow necklace indicating Hawkeye may be her hunnybunny...so who really knows.

Is it spring yet?

I agree about the Ultimates thing, but Natasha being older than she looks would be FAR from the weirdest thing that's happened in the MCU so far. I'm not saying that they WILL go that route, but it in comparison to some of the other stuff that's happened, it's not all that hard to buy.

There would be too many people in the film with the same improbable back story if Natasha is another who was born in the early 20th Century. The coincidence of Steve, Bucky and Natasha all being elderly young people barely makes sense in the comic book, IMO. Also, if Natasha is as old as Steve that would diminish his uniqueness and cut against the Man Out Of Time theme the writers have going.

There would be too many people in the film with the same improbable back story if Natasha is another who was born in the early 20th Century. The coincidence of Steve, Bucky and Natasha all being elderly young people barely makes sense in the comic book, IMO. Also, if Natasha is as old as Steve that would diminish his uniqueness and cut against the Man Out Of Time theme the writers have going.

Plus Arnim Zola, potentially Red Skull at some point, maybe Von Strucker (although I believe the rumored Von Strucker isn't the WWII version, but a grandson).....it would no longer be "the man out of time," it would be a WWII Golden Age party transferred to 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"