The Winter Soldier "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love that! It would be the perfect end to the virginity debate. :word:

I would too, but after Peggy kisses him during the climax of TFA he has a look of surprise which I doubt he would have if they already did it.

I guess it could be because he thought she was mad at him for kissing the other girl but then it would look really bad that he kissed a random girl after they did it.

I would too, but after Peggy kisses him during the climax of TFA he has a look of surprise which I doubt he would have if they already did it.

I guess it could be because he thought she was mad at him for kissing the other girl but then it would look really bad that he kissed a random girl after they did it.

Well, there is about 2 years between the kiss with the blond and final kiss with Peggy before the crash...

to me, it seemed like maybe Steve and Peggy didn't want their relationship being public knowledge or at least didn't want Colonel Phillips to know about it. So when they kissed in front of him, Steve might have been surprised that she was so blatant about it, which is why he looked at Colonel Phillips right after, to make sure Phillips didn't have a problem with it. Then Phillips had his great line.

I think they totally had more going on that we saw in TFA.

Plus, he didn't kiss the blonde, she kissed him and he was surprised by it. Peggy just happened to walk around the corner at the worst possible time.

Well, there is about 2 years between the kiss with the blond and final kiss with Peggy before the crash...

to me, it seemed like maybe Steve and Peggy didn't want their relationship being public knowledge or at least didn't want Colonel Phillips to know about it. So when they kissed in front of him, Steve might have been surprised that she was so blatant about it, which is why he looked at Colonel Phillips right after, to make sure Phillips didn't have a problem with it. Then Phillips had his great line.

I think they totally had more going on that we saw in TFA.
Colonel Phillips was with Peggy in the movie theatre when it was shown that Cap kept a picture of Peggy with him when he went on campaign. Given Phillips reaction (he just looked at Peggy and chuckled), it seemed pretty obvious that he already knew about them, or at least didn't care (he found it amusing).

Colonel Phillips was with Peggy in the movie theatre when it was shown that Cap kept a picture of Peggy with him when he went on campaign. Given Phillips reaction (he just looked at Peggy and chuckled), it seemed pretty obvious that he already knew about them, or at least didn't care (he found it amusing).

Yep, but Peggy looked nervous about it with Philips there.

I took it as her being embarrassed that her boss and everyone in the theatre saw the picture. Sort of like if you're significant other makes some big public display of affection that a lot of people will see can be embarrassing.

Just FYI, BLACK WIDOW #3 by Nathan Edmondson and Phil Noto hits stands today. It's not only gorgeous, but Widow is written with such cold, efficient brutality and grace. It's a great, great book so far (IMO).

Please spoil me. How is it?

I kind of wonder if Marvel's plan is to try and use this movie as a springboard for a Black Widow solo, and is hedging their bets both ways.

If it happens, Sharon becomes the female lead.

If it doesn't happen, they make Natasha Cap's leading lady and keep Sharon as a minor character, if at all.

From your mouth to God's ears! I've been thinking this too. But I really have no reason to trust Feige about BW's solo at this point. Blind faith!

Please spoil me. How is it?

I absolutely adore it. The dialogue and thought bubbles are pretty sparse, but present enough to indicate Edmondson's Widow is brutal and cold in the best possible way. Basically, a mission for her goes south in SA; there's a prison break and crocodiles and so much kickassery!

I absolutely adore it. The dialogue and thought bubbles are pretty sparse, but present enough to indicate Edmondson's Widow is brutal and cold in the best possible way. Basically, a mission for her goes south in SA; there's a prison break and crocodiles and so much kickassery!

I'm so pumped for all the good things happening for the Black Widow right now I can't even express. Hope it only gets better.

Widow's Stingray
rowl.jpg

Oh wow, that's cool. Widow gets her own sleek car. Female James Bond indeed.

I'm so pumped for all the good things happening for the Black Widow right now I can't even express. Hope it only gets better.

It sounds like all three issues are going for a second printing too.

Black Widow FTW!!

I wonder if the Stingray has any gadgets?

Why's she standing in an empty white void? What's that supposed to mean? That doesn't make any sense!

Also boobies. /offended

That's a MUCH BETTER promo than the "runway model" one that we got before. This is how you do a badass BW pose.

What, no outrage over the way her hip is cocked or how the light hits her breasts in just the right way to make them more noticeable? Not to mention that thigh gap. Way to make women feel bad about their bodies, Marvel! [/faux-rage]

Nope, and the condescension is noted and ignored.

What, no outrage over the way her hip is cocked or how the light hits her breasts in just the right way to make them more noticeable? Not to mention that thigh gap. Way to make women feel bad about their bodies, Marvel! [/faux-rage]

Ah, spoken like someone that has no grasp or understanding of the issue. Way to be ignorant and patronizing.

Ah, spoken like someone that has no grasp or understanding of the issue. Way to be ignorant and patronizing.
I think xeno's a woman so I believe she may understand it quite a bit.

I understand the issue better than you ever will. The sort of overblown, self-important preachiness at work here is exactly the kind of counter-productive nonsense that has sabotaged the real goals of feminism for decades. Those who obsess over this one image while excusing and/or ignoring far more egregious examples of exploitative imagery undermine their own arguments. That makes it easier in the long run for consumers of these images and the media to dismiss all criticism.

Tl; dr - Waste too much ammo on small targets and you risk being out of bullets (and credibility) when something really big comes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"