The Winter Soldier "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's hot, but that's not her only asset :o

What does everyone think about Natasha changing sides in this film or a future MCU film?

What does everyone think about Natasha changing sides in this film or a future MCU film?
tumblr_mcgt4bqeyf1r3zat8.gif

Nah.

There's this commonly held belief among the fandom that Natasha is prone to this sort of thing, but she isn't actually.

I think not knowing who Widow is allied to is the best thing about the character so I definetly think that should be explored more in the future.

Explore it, yes. Make it true, no. They should mimic how it was done in New Avengers when Tony didn't trust Jessica. Except this time Widow shouldn't actually be a Hydra/Skrull agent :woot:.

Why, so the Avengers could turn into a *100%* sausagefest...?
Nah, so far she's the only real superheroine in the MCU. Until we start getting some Wasp, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Mockingbird and Tigra up in this joint, I don't want to see all one of the MCU's superheroines defect to the dark side.

whoa what's wrong with sausage fests?

It's time to give the ladies their due.
:up:

Going undercover as a double agent or being 'turned' ala Hawkeye for most of The Avengers I'd be interested in, but not a full on turncoat.

BW would actually be better in combat, seeming as she's had more training.

There's only so much skill can make up for physical deficit, though. To make it a fight she'd have to fight dirty a *lot*. Bring the utility belt, you'll need it.

Natasha has some badass skills but Steve has the super serum, and thus far there's nothing in the MCU that indicates that she is in any way enhanced. Personally I hope they leave her that way, no longevity, no variant of the super serum, just completely normal and totally badass. Her 616 backstory has been retconned so many times I would like to see the MCU take advantage of it being a different universe and streamline her history, make her just as old as she appears. The more people that have super soldier variations and enhancements the less special it becomes. It works in the comics because there are so many characters, but in the movies there are so few it becomes tired. I'd like to see both her and Hawkeye remain normal humans in every way except for their extraordinary skillsets.

Cap is stronger, Widow is better. It's different in the MCU because Cap has been in the outside world for much longer, however Widow has been an agent far longer than Cao in the MMU.

Yes, but he's also had less combat experience than, say, Fury or Rhodey. Yet, he's the one who leads.

There is, however, something to be said about raw talent.

Last edited:
Yes, but he's also had less combat experience than, say, Fury or Rhodey.

How about raw strength? Steve would kick Natasha's ass six ways from Sunday without even breathing hard. Anything else is the same sort of fan wank that has Batman beating Superman without kryptonite.

Yes, but he's also had less combat experience than, say, Fury or Rhodey. Yet, he's the one who leads.

Has he? Was it ever established how long he served on the front line in WW2?

Has he? Was it ever established how long he served on the front line in WW2?

I think it was for about 3 years since he started active duty in 1942 until 1945 when he crashed Red Skull's plane in the arctic.

I think it was for about 3 years since he started active duty in 1942 until 1945 when he crashed Red Skull's plane in the arctic.

Less than that, actually. The sequence in Italy, the USO show and Steve rescuing Bucky happen at the end of 1943.

Even if Steve went down very late in the war, weeks before VE-Day, it'd still be no more than a year and a half.

Fury and Rhodey are both Colonels, so they served for around 20 years.

MY point was that while experience accounts for a lot, there are still those people who are naturally gifted and manage to achieve and learn plenty in less time than others.

I would prefer they not have her descend "to the dark side," because I do not want a film based upon heroes fighting each other. It was bad enough having to endure AVX, but Avenger vs Avenger? No thanks.

Me neither, I'm just speaking hypothetically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"