Yes, the Cleveland shoot is a distraction!

Catman said:
I see that many of you do not understand what I was trying to point out. The film has been shooting for at least 4 months and that is without including the special effects stuff they began shooting back in late 2005. And, all this time we've been trying to find out what's going on with the production. Now we're getting all these set reports from Cleveland (which is great) but after several months it seems like these simple second unit shoots are distracting fans from what we really want to know.

#1-Is Topher Grace playing Eddie Brock or not? After all these months why haven't they revealed this information yet?

#2-Is Harry going to be some kind of a Goblin?

#3-Does Spidey really have the symbiote black suit or not? When are we gonna see an actual picture. Cause I doubt that teaser photo is the actual symbiote. Maybe I'm wrong.

#4-Exactly what role does Gwen and her father play in this film? Do they have a lot of screen time or not?

#5-What's Curt Conner's purpose in the film?

I can continue on and on. There are still many unanswered questions and only two official photos.

I just think that the Cleveland, as cool as it may be, is keeping people occupied while Raimi and company quietly continue to make their film. Or purpose they have already finished. Remember that Elizabeth Bank said that they only had like 60 production dates left. With only 60 production dates left they probably have shot like 80% of the movie already.

Now I get you. You didn't mean that the Cleveland shoot was a lie. It is what it is, a second unit shoot. However, they are giving us a lot of info from that Cleveland shoot, while they keep the rest of the film under wraps. I can see that.

GGVenomSandman said:
what the hell are we talking about here?!

Inside joke, man. You just joined so you won't get it.

Catman said:
I see that many of you do not understand what I was trying to point out. The film has been shooting for at least 4 months and that is without including the special effects stuff they began shooting back in late 2005. And, all this time we've been trying to find out what's going on with the production. Now we're getting all these set reports from Cleveland (which is great) but after several months it seems like these simple second unit shoots are distracting fans from what we really want to know.

#1-Is Topher Grace playing Eddie Brock or not? After all these months why haven't they revealed this information yet?

#2-Is Harry going to be some kind of a Goblin?

#3-Does Spidey really have the symbiote black suit or not? When are we gonna see an actual picture. Cause I doubt that teaser photo is the actual symbiote. Maybe I'm wrong.

#4-Exactly what role does Gwen and her father play in this film? Do they have a lot of screen time or not?

#5-What's Curt Conner's purpose in the film?

I can continue on and on. There are still many unanswered questions and only two official photos.

I just think that the Cleveland, as cool as it may be, is keeping people occupied while Raimi and company quietly continue to make their film. Or purpose they have already finished. Remember that Elizabeth Bank said that they only had like 60 production dates left. With only 60 production dates left they probably have shot like 80% of the movie already.

you're an idiot. You're not supposed to know most of the stuff listed above until the damn movies comes out. What, do you want Sony to release the script before they shoot in public?

I get what you are talking about, I read the 'Raimi in Manhattan' thread, and I agree, there is/was hardly any attention on NY. But for all we know he could have people back in LA doing something too, just one of those wait and see type things.

Edit: Actually he may have just started in NY early? idk.:)

I don't think it's a distraction. I think they are doing this now and then do whatever they have to do later. Most likely it'll be in a studio where the public can't see.

Nebins...I like your name, it reminds of the dog's name from "Cat and the Hat."

Good god the reason you get so many Cleveland reports is because films don't come to Cleveland every day like in LA or NY, so this is the most exciting thing to us midwesterners besides the basketball playoffs and start of baseball season. It's not a distraction, it just that we were wrapped up in it more than the coasters ever are.

SLYspyder said:
you're an idiot. You're not supposed to know most of the stuff listed above until the damn movies comes out. What, do you want Sony to release the script before they shoot in public?

So, I'm not supposed to know if Topher Grace is Eddie Brock or not till the movie comes out? I'm not supposed to know if Gwen Stacy and her father are on screen for 5 minutes or not till the movie comes out? I'm not supposed to know if the symbiote is in the film or not till the film comes out?

So what is the trailer gonna show us? Spider-Man just standing for a few seconds?

Catman said:
So, I'm not supposed to know if Topher Grace is Eddie Brock or not till the movie comes out? I'm not supposed to know if Gwen Stacy and her father are on screen for 5 minutes or not till the movie comes out? I'm not supposed to know if the symbiote is in the film or not till the film comes out?

So what is the trailer gonna show us? Spider-Man just standing for a few seconds?

Actually by the time we see the teaser, a lot of your questions will probably be answered or at least clarified. It's called "patience". It's also called "the film doesn't come out for another year." ;)

cmill216 said:
Actually by the time we see the teaser, a lot of your questions will probably be answered or at least clarified. It's called "patience". It's also called "the film doesn't come out for another year." ;)

X-Men 3 will be released in two or three weeks, so by then I will be so caught up in the movie that I will forget about Spider-Man for a few weeks.

Catman said:
X-Men 3 will be released in two or three weeks, so by then I will be so caught up in the movie that I will forget about Spider-Man for a few weeks.

a few weeks huh...then what will you do for the rest of the year:eek:

x-men will definitely take my mind of spidey for a few weeks too. but i'm looking forward to the new will ferrel movie which has the spidey teaser trailer attached to it, that is what i am mostly in suspense for, then theres only the movie itself after that.

Friday, May 4th, 2007 can't come soon enough :(

It's not a distraction, it's still a 2nd unit shoot or whatever

If they answer all those questions now, they'll be little fun in seeing the movie.
Incidently Peter Jackson used to film several scenes from once with a Satellite hookup to the other crews. Just a thought.

8Ball2/JanG5 said:
No, they wouldn't waste several million dollars on a distraction. It's simple B unit shooting, that is all.

tru dat :up:

I know what hes saying, we didnt get one set picture of the real cast. When spiderman 2 filming began the first photos i remember still to this day was pete running around at NYU.

Liquid Snake said:
I know what hes saying, we didnt get one set picture of the real cast. When spiderman 2 filming began the first photos i remember still to this day was pete running around at NYU.

Thank you very much, sir. :)

Hey the cleveland shoot is real as hell I am in cleveland and they used a fog macine that covered half the city no lie it seemed like armageddon or something how dark it was

just want to say that i dont believe that the cleveland shoot was a distraction. that would be a total waste of money which i'm sure they wouldnt want to do.

cmill216 said:

Slow down CMILL i am getting dizzy.(pukes:eek: i am referin gto your avitar)

Spawn187 said:
Slow down CMILL i am getting dizzy.(pukes:eek: i am referin gto your avitar)

Blame Roma. :D ;)

Oh, and watch my shoes next time.

I've lost all hope for this movie, goodbye to this section of the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"