You are President

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
I know we have had some stuff similar to this.
But honestly, I really find it interesting to see what everyone would do.

If you were elected President:
What would be your first day activity?

Who would you have as your VP?

Who would you have as your cabinet?

What would be your number one issue for your presidency...the MAIN thing you want to "resolve" before you tackle anything else?

Um, I personally would have all the Joint Chiefs for a detailed briefing.
Then I would work on getting a group of staffers to start digging thru the laws and budget for things to clean up. The first day would basically be the...THIS IS WHAT I WANT meeting for a group to start this process.

Man, I tell you, the VP I would have would be a Financial Wiz, and if possible a Foreign Relations Wiz. Couldnt give you a name at this time.

Since I am bad at names on this one, I dont know.
I know I dont want people that think exactly like me, but people that will fight with me in private. If I win the argument, they do what I say, if they win, and convince me, I will go with them.

What would be your number one issue for your presidency...the MAIN thing you want to "resolve" before you tackle anything else?
I would probably concentrate on the economy as my first issue to tackle. And that would incorporate all sort of legislation dealing with economy and immegration...some needing to be enforced...some needing to be gotten rid of.

Second on my list would be Energy

Third would be Immigration

Fourth would be Energy.

My foreign agenda would be minimalistic. Let the world run itself without our interferance.

I would meet with several top military personnel, so we can begin formulating a strategy to remove our troops from Iraq.

I would also sign the Kyoto Protocol.

It would be either Mark Warner, Sherrod Brown or Kathleen Sebelius. I want someone who has demonstrated fiscal responsibility in their career, and who is extremely progressive on social issues.

Secretary of State: Bill Richardson (NM)
Secretary of Defense: Ret. Gen. Anthony Zinni (VA)
Attorney General: Andrew Cuomo (NY)
Secretary of the Energy: Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-CA)
Secretary of Agriculture: Rep. Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin (D-SD)
Secretary of the Interior: Former Rep. Larry LaRocco (D-ID)
Secretary of Veteran's Affairs: Tammy Duckworth (IL)
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Howard Dean (VT)
Secretary of Homeland Security: Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS)
Secretary of HUD: Anthony Williams, former mayor of DC

There are others, but those immediately come to mind.

I would want to fix health care in this country by implementing John Edwards' plan to create a system of regional health care markets which would make the health care industry more competitive, as well as readily available to all Americans. I would also allow people the chance to buy into Medicaid, which would also help spur competition in the private health care sector. That way, people have a choice between a low-cost, public program, or a private program at any expense. Think of these health care markets as "Progressive Auto Insurance" for healthcare.

Also, I would also push to privatize social security for the wealthiest 10% of Americans, while implementing a plan to make it 70% privatized within a 50-year period.

Third, I want to see NAFTA fixed, if not eliminated entirely, so it benefits American workers rather than harm them.

Fourth, I would like to see an "Equal Rights" amendment passed, and a national civil union program which would allow homosexual and transgendered couples the chance to be married by the government. Full marriage would be left to the church.

We're all Doooomed......

I would meet with several top military personnel, so we can begin formulating a strategy to remove our troops from Iraq.

I would also sign the Kyoto Protocol.

It would be either Mark Warner, Sherrod Brown or Kathleen Sebelius. I want someone who has demonstrated fiscal responsibility in their career, and who is extremely progressive on social issues.

Secretary of State: Bill Richardson (NM)
Secretary of Defense: Ret. Gen. Anthony Zinni (VA)
Attorney General: Andrew Cuomo (NY)
Secretary of the Energy: Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-CA)
Secretary of Agriculture: Rep. Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin (D-SD)
Secretary of the Interior: Former Rep. Larry LaRocco (D-ID)
Secretary of Veteran's Affairs: Tammy Duckworth (IL)
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Howard Dean (VT)
Secretary of Homeland Security: Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS)
Secretary of HUD: Anthony Williams, former mayor of DC

There are others, but those immediately come to mind.

I would want to fix health care in this country by implementing John Edwards' plan to create a system of regional health care markets which would make the health care industry more competitive, as well as readily available to all Americans. I would also allow people the chance to buy into Medicaid, which would also help spur competition in the private health care sector. That way, people have a choice between a low-cost, public program, or a private program at any expense. Think of these health care markets as "Progressive Auto Insurance" for healthcare.

Also, I would also push to privatize social security for the wealthiest 10% of Americans, while implementing a plan to make it 70% privatized within a 50-year period.

Third, I want to see NAFTA fixed, if not eliminated entirely, so it benefits American workers rather than harm them.

Fourth, I would like to see an "Equal Rights" amendment passed, and a national civil union program which would allow homosexual and transgendered couples the chance to be married by the government. Full marriage would be left to the church.

Except for social security and your VPs, mine would look darn similar. I'd choose Zinni as my running mate simply because I was never in the service. Though I'd probably choose my Republican step-father to either be VP or run the D-Dept. in an ideal world. I love Ahnold as Energy Sec., put a (R) in there and put 'em where one's actually right on something. Oh, and I'd put Carl Levin in there somewhere because he's not stupid.

If i were president i would resign.

My vice president would have been my brother. and i would hope he would resign, and i would like to think he would.

The job is such that i cannot even imagine what may bear down from undertaking it.

I watch the HBO special, "john adams" and think about what an amazing actor Paul giamatti is... even though the problems then may seem more paramount then as do the ones we face now its hard to imagine where i would start on the first day should i have the balls to think i could be a valid representitive of the people.

On the first day... I would probably overwork myself in vain thinking everything could be accomplished in one day like a complete bafoon.

Though my brother is no politician, i admit neither am i. and in imagining such a preposterous idea as myself as president deserves an equally preposterous idea of someone whos sense tempers my own, whos judgement i respect... and who i could count on in the event of my death.

as for my cabinet i would look no further than this board, as the political ideologies and fanaticism range in such a way that im sure if everyone here was included everyone stands a fair chance of being represented. Except for people without internet... and i would include them by finding some amish folk or some such. :cwink:

My number one issue would be...

energy.

it would not be war, it would not be issues of race gender, sexual affinity, abortion... or anything.

it would be energy.

I would endeavor to fix our countries rail system. i would embolden our pursuits into alternative energy in a way that is important and relavent.

i would create jobs in this sector like a madman, and i would desperately try to convince people to lead lives that realize the toll that they take as they lead them. Environment, economy, and many social issues rely on this more thananything. i would focus on the medusa of energy.

Well hell Zen, why did you run?......lmao

I know we have had some stuff similar to this.
But honestly, I really find it interesting to see what everyone would do.

Inspect the White House budget and make changes to reduce spending - sets a good precedent when going to Congress and demanding they do the same when proposing budgets.

Meet with leaders of both parties, from both levels of Congress and summarize what I want to do.

Detailed debriefing by the Joint Chiefs, CIA and FBI.

Make phone calls to the leaders of China, Japan, Great Britian, France, Germany, and Israel.

Preferred moderate democrat. In today's world? Joe Lieberman.

Sec of State: Bill Richardson
Sec of Defense: Colin Powell or General Petraeus
Sec of Energy: Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sec of Transportation: Rep. Spencer Bachus
Sec of Interior: Conrad Burns
Attorney General: Rudy Guiulani
Sec of Treasury: Mitt Romney

Press Secretary: Jesse Ventura

Reducing the size of Government. From eliminating the IRS (by way of Fair Tax or other similar plan), to trying to remove government restrictions on various topics (hemp, weed, gay marriage, polygamy, etc.) I want to privatize Social Security and Education.

First thing I would do is repeal any free trade agreements that the United States is currently in. As treaties, they would fall under my jurisdiction and I would have the right to remove the United States from one (at least I believe so, it has been some time since I've taken a civics course. :cwink:) I would then begin to negotiate free trade treaties with countries such as the UK, Canada, Germany, France, Japan, etc. Countries that play by similiar labor rules as we do. That way there would be basically no incentive for countries to pack up and leave based on free trade. Furthermore, I would ask Congress to lift any tax breaks given to US companies who operate primarily over sees. It is crucial that our country brings back labor jobs and this would be a way to do it.

My second move would be to call in all of my financial advisors, review the budget in-depth. I want to eliminate any unnecessary spending. I would likely cut funding to programs such as NASA, various military discretionary funds, certain social programs, unneccessary jobs, etc. It is crucial that our country get out of debt to countries such as China. The only way to do that is to stop spending money we do not have and living in the red.

I'd probably call it a day after that. :cwink:

Next,

Mark Warner, former governor of Virginia.

(just the ones that come to head)

Secretary of State - Governor Bill Richardson
Secretary of the Treasury - Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Secretary of Defense - General Wesley Clark
Attorney General - Former Senator John Edwards
Secretary of Labor - Senator Sherrod Brown
Secretary of Energy - Former Vice President Al Gore (if he'd take it).
Secretary of Homeland Security - Former CIA director George Tenet

Will get back to you on that one. Gotta think on it.

I love this thread....its great to hear peoples "first day activities"
Who else?

Have Uwe Boll and Michael Bay arrested for crimes against humanity

Bruce Campbell

Secretary of State - Chris Jericho...he's got mad mic skills
Secretary of the Treasury - Scrooge McDuck
Secretary of Defense - Samuel L. Jackson...He is Nick Fury and all
Attorney General - Al Pacino...I liked what I saw of his legal views in Devil's Advocate...Yes, I'm aware he played the devil in that movie.
Secretary of Labor - The guy who played the warden in Cool Hand Luke
Secretary of Energy - ALF
Secretary of Homeland Security - Cthulhu.

Getting as much money as I could before running off, leaving America in shambles and at the mercy of the Old Great Ones...But, I've already said too much.

Joker, go choke on your bow tie
:word:

You're just upset because I picked ALF over you :cmad: I'm sorry, but his views on how to better impliment alternative energy forums and reduce our dependence on forigen oil by using cats was just better than any idea you had :cmad:

Interesting.

The first thing I would do is cut the annual military budget by 20%(We'll still be outspending China by an almost 3 to 1 margin.)

Next, I would re-invest that 20% into funding state of the Art of public school facilities across America. And quadruple the amount that teachers are paid, to attract top tier talent.

Next, I would militarize the border, and double the pay of military enlistee's. I will accomplish this by reducing the amount of foreign aid that America gives to other countries.

Those are the first things I would do:)

Interesting.

The first thing I would do is cut the annual military budget by 20%(We'll still be outspending China by an almost 3 to 1 margin.)

Next, I would re-invest that 20% into funding state of the Art of public school facilities across America. And quadruple the amount that teachers are paid, to attract top tier talent.

Average teacher salaries in America are 50,000 a year, give or take a couple thousand depending on the state. You'd like to raise that to 200,000 a year? That is a bit extreme. Furthermore, how exactly would you have the authorization to do that being as schools fall under state and local jurisdictions, not federal. Also, building new state of the art schools across America would literally cost trillions of dollars. Far more than 20 % of the military budget (especially since you want to pay every teacher 200 grand a year out of that 20 %).

I personally don't see the education problem. I think the feds should give states money for new books and learning material, but teachers are not the problem. The problem is students are not willing to learn. You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. At the end of the day, if these children have no desire to learn, no matter what kind of school, books, computers, or teachers they have, they simply will not.

If the federal government wishes to get involved in education, they should work on putting together a few entirely free universities for the students who do have a desire to learn.

Next, I would militarize the border, and double the pay of military enlistee's. I will accomplish this by reducing the amount of foreign aid that America gives to other countries.

Those are the first things I would do:)

Why not just not cut the military budget? I mean, you say you want to cut the military budget in one paragraph, then you go onto say you divert foreign aide money to give the military more funding? Kinda doesn't make sense.

Man on Mars by 2012 :up:

Man on Mars by 2012 :up:

I personally find the space program to be a bit pointless. We are dumping billions of dollars into NASA each year, seeing basically no progress, and getting nothing out of the investment. At the moment, it seems like the wrong time to be pursuing the space program considering we are in a huge deficit. Perhaps in the future, but if I were president, NASA would see a huge cut in budget. Hell, perhaps doing so would inspire some private enterprises to get involved in the space program since it wouldn't be government territory anymore and in turn create a **** load of jobs.

Whatever works best :up:

If i were president i would resign.

My vice president would have been my brother. and i would hope he would resign, and i would like to think he would.

The job is such that i cannot even imagine what may bear down from undertaking it.

I watch the HBO special, "john adams" and think about what an amazing actor Paul giamatti is... even though the problems then may seem more paramount then as do the ones we face now its hard to imagine where i would start on the first day should i have the balls to think i could be a valid representitive of the people.

On the first day... I would probably overwork myself in vain thinking everything could be accomplished in one day like a complete bafoon.

Though my brother is no politician, i admit neither am i. and in imagining such a preposterous idea as myself as president deserves an equally preposterous idea of someone whos sense tempers my own, whos judgement i respect... and who i could count on in the event of my death.

as for my cabinet i would look no further than this board, as the political ideologies and fanaticism range in such a way that im sure if everyone here was included everyone stands a fair chance of being represented. Except for people without internet... and i would include them by finding some amish folk or some such. :cwink:

My number one issue would be...

energy.

it would not be war, it would not be issues of race gender, sexual affinity, abortion... or anything.

it would be energy.

I would endeavor to fix our countries rail system. i would embolden our pursuits into alternative energy in a way that is important and relavent.

i would create jobs in this sector like a madman, and i would desperately try to convince people to lead lives that realize the toll that they take as they lead them. Environment, economy, and many social issues rely on this more thananything. i would focus on the medusa of energy.

Woohoo :)

Can I be Secretary of Partying Hard or Secretary of Rocking Out?

Malice said:
I'd probably arrange a meeting with Congress, the House, and the Joint Chiefs to outline my 4-year plan for the country in a general fashion.

Not sure, but definittely someone with both a sound political mind and a strong Christian faith...maybe Mike Huckabee.

I can honestly say "I don't know", since I'm no political guru, and wouldn't know exactly who to pick. But ideally, I'd want individuals who weren't pushovers, yet not bullies either. I'd want people who would abide by what Patrick Henry once said: "Christ first, our country next!"

Generally speaking, my main goal would be to bring this country back to its moral and spiritual roots, from the days where it was accepted that God, not the people, is the foundation of this nation. We are a country of the people, by the people, and for the people, yes...but we should never base this country's foundation on the rapidly-changing and often-destructive blanket of human principles. God should be placed as our eternal Rock, no other.

Generally speaking, my main goal would be to bring this country back to its moral and spiritual roots, from the days where it was accepted that God, not the people, is the foundation of this nation. We are a country of the people, by the people, and for the people, yes...but we should never base this country's foundation on the rapidly-changing and often-destructive blanket of human principles. God should be placed as our eternal Rock, no other.

The foundation of this nation has always been based on the will of the people not God. The Constitution even says "We the People." Not only that your beliefs cannot be sponsored by this government because of the First Amendment which advocates a separation of church and state.

Not only that but there are a lot of people in the United States that aren't Christian and many don't even believe in God. In democracy you can't just ignore the views of the minority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"