Eternals You can’t escape the Space Gods - The Celestial thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score

Cannot wait to see these tanks tear things up in eternals. I wonder how they will handle that line in guardians of the galaxy 2 when ego says he’s a celestial?

I hope they actually take some effort to go into the mythology of the Celestials - who they are, what tells them apart, etc.

Did Set kill the Celestial whose head became Knowhere?

I hope they actually take some effort to go into the mythology of the Celestials - who they are, what tells them apart, etc.

Same! Controversial idea time but this is the first time I would be happy if the humour took a back seat. They’re gods, give them weight.

I have a feeling they will go with something a lot more simplified than what the comics have turned them into the last twenty years. Keep them mysterious I say. Getting into the higher dimensions, before the big bang, feuding creations of the true originator of the multiverse etc. ect. will not go well either narratively or with how the audience will react.

I have a feeling they will go with something a lot more simplified than what the comics have turned them into the last twenty years. Keep them mysterious I say. Getting into the higher dimensions, before the big bang, feuding creations of the true originator of the multiverse etc. ect. will not go well either narratively or with how the audience will react.

Agree.

I don't really know most of the Easter eggs shown in the films.

You don't need to. Just thrown in to give the fan boys a bit of excitement. Think there's a small possibility we may see those in endgame as the cosmic entities created the infinity stones. The celestials (also shown in gotg) are likely to appear in the eternals as they created them.

I actually think this movie will have enough on it's plate without also having to get into all the other conceptual cosmic being from the comics, as much as I would like to see them. About the only one I think might fit and mostly as fodder for future films is Galactus, and even then, maybe not have him figure into the film per se but mention or show his relationship to the Celestials.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactus

Warning: Spoilers for the comic series Earth X in video.

I actually think this movie will have enough on it's plate without also having to get into all the other conceptual cosmic being from the comics, as much as I would like to see them. About the only one I think might fit and mostly as fodder for future films is Galactus, and even then, maybe not have him figure into the film per se but mention or show his relationship to the Celestials.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactus

Warning: Spoilers for the comic series Earth X in video.

More hoping the others turn up in end game.

I hope we see them in full epic scale like this

I would love to see something like the angels in neon genesis evangelion. Something that epic

I can’t wait to see the celestials. When I saw them in gotg I was really surprised. I expected knowhere but not the other one in the flashback the collector showed.

I can’t believe we got here to the point that eternals and celestials are happening.

I was disappointed that no celestial showed up in infinity war.

dont expect a battle sequence with them , but i want a full origin story with them , like the one who became later knowwhere

Keeping them reasonably mysterious is pretty important

The movie is gonna be about the Eternals set in Earth?, so I don't expect much from the celestials' backstory.

I'm not sure thats why I included a ?. But correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the rumours say its set in Earth and would feature like star crossed lovers. I don't know and this is why I think the Inhumans are really dead now.

I'm not sure thats why I included a ?. But correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the rumours say its set in Earth and would feature like star crossed lovers. I don't know and this is why I think the Inhumans are really dead now.

I don't know that was why i was asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"