You Da Boss! of Marvel!

You know, I never even bothered to read all that until now. God, that is crap. Sorry to hurt your feelings or anything but seriously, thats crap on a crap cracker.

well first off, i wanna say no one is better than the master Joey Q....

my bad i ment every ones better than Joey Q :)

But my biggest rule would be...

1. a Non-jewish character must not ever mutter the word "oy"

i said that because not only has spiderman started to say it, wiccan in new avengers said it in the last issue!

So. Lots of New Yorkers use Yiddish slang

-Cut every franchise down to 2 books max, not counting the ultimate line and the occasional mini. (I think everybody agreed so far that it was a good limit).

-No more decompressed stories. I don't mind stretching some story arcs to fit the TPB format but at least pack the damn issues with a momentum that keeps moving forward instead of going at a snail's pace.

-don't replace Bryan Hitch with Joe Madureira on The Ultimates.

-on the "death" topic, I'll quote Ult. Nick Fury: "If there's no corpse...the guy's alive. Meaning that If a character ever dies (and it shouldn't be a common thing), he/she can only come back if there was no body to be found. Allow the others to rest in peace.

-Focus on the present and future instead of changing the established history of characters (YOU HEAR ME J.M.S! :mad:). The notable exceptions are time travel story but the MU already has rules concerning those.

-No more "leaks" of upcoming plot twists and surprises in store for the readers. Teases are allowed as long as they don't spoil anything from the plot and are used sparingly to wet readers' appetites.

-Bring back the now almost foreign notion of sub-plots (fits well with my 2nd point).

gotta go for now but I'll be back with the rest of my list. :bomb:

^ Come on man! Human form Beast is basically Kurt Angle with hair.

How dare you sir!! He's like a big hairy fat guy that can move with the grace of Mary Lou Retton on acid. Whats not to love?

What if Marvel cleaned their universe up with its own Crisis on Infinite Earths?
What do you think would happen, or would want to happen?

Would you kill off certain characters? Who?

Would you get rid of certain storylines? which ones?

Would you get rid of universes?

or introduce characters?

Anubis said:
How dare you sir!! He's like a big hairy fat guy that can move with the grace of Mary Lou Retton on acid. Whats not to love?

LMAO! Since you put it like that, how could I argue?

So, Furthermore (who recently started posting on this board) and I have had some correspondence ever since we little clash on one of the other threads. We both wanted to post on this one, and here's what we’ve come up with.
This idea will undoubtedly be received with much anger and gnashing of teeth, but we feel it’s the only way to save the characters we love from themselves, from terrible writers (like Chuck Austen), and from fans. We propose a COMPLETE Revolution. In fact, that’s what we’ll call it!
What that means is that we will restart, re-launch, and reinvent the ENTIRE Marvel Universe, severing all ties from the past, and nullifying ALL current continuity. That means that in Post Revolution Marvel, no events of the Ultimate Universe, the 616 Universe, The End, Earth X, or any other Marvel continuity will have ever existed in any way. There is no multiverse. There is Marvel. There is the future. There is Revolution.
Now, what does that mean to us, the readers?

1) Post Revolution Marvel should launch with a total of 6 books. That’s right, just 6, with a different writer and illustrator on each series.

The Avengers
Daredevil
Fantastic Four
The Hulk
Spider-man
X-men

At the beginning of each year, every one of the writers and illustrators will be called to a conference (called the Marvel Vision Conference) with the EIC and the Marvel creative team. Together, these writers and executives will design a unified vision for all of Marvel in the coming year. Each writer will be forced to use only the characters from their series; no crossovers will be allowed for at least 1 year after the Revolution. This will ensure that continuity will be clearly defined and streamlined. When there is a crossover, it will have to fit into the timeline of the entire universe. Crossovers will only be allowed if they fit into the “Vision” AND deepen the understanding of both the characters crossing over, and the book those characters cross into. If crossovers are dealt with in this manner, readers that truly care about the characters they love will be compelled to purchase the crossover books, in order to gain a deeper understanding of the character and their actions in the future.

2) Oh yeah, and no character that is a member of a team book will EVER be allowed to have there own ongoing series.
The Avengers will consist of Thor, Iron Man, Giant Man (Hank Pym), Wasp, Captain America, Hawkeye, and Black Widow. This is the original team, plus some old favorites and minus those who will be in solo Revolution titles, in accordance with the rules of the Vision.
The X-men will be led by Charles Xavier and will consist of Beast, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, Wolverine (to be added within the first year), and Storm. Again, this is the original team, plus much needed characters and a little bit of diversity. Other characters will be added later (e.g. Gambit).
The Fantastic Four will be . . . well, the Fantastic Four . . . no She-Hulk.

Miniseries will also be limited, but will be encouraged and held within the confines of a larger timeline and the greater continuity of the universe. These miniseries will contribute to the Vision and will affect the ongoing series of all characters involved.

3) New characters and ongoing series will be added yearly, but only insomuch as they contribute to the Vision and deepen the understanding of all characters involved. The MVC will decide which characters to add, in which books, on what timeframe, and to what end. This will keep the writers and executives in check, as we realize that Marvel in its current state creates characters simply to sell more titles and first issues. They prey on the collectors, and that’s not cool. Readers also won’t have to worry about convoluted storylines, continuity, and ambitious writers messing up the characters that already have books.

4) Books outside the Vision will be published, but will not exist inside Marvel Universe continuity. For example, if a writer wants to take on a more esoteric, existential, or mystical work, that writer will be encouraged, but the characters from that work will NEVER interact with the characters of the Marvel Universe. In this way Marvel can continue to push the envelope of comic books, but won’t have to worry about conflicting views of religion, magic, mystical arts, aliens, or alternates universes. These sorts of works seek to do something different than the Vision, so they will be allowed to do it without the constrictions of the MVC, or the idea of having superheroes at all. Here we’re thinking about comics like Powers, Preacher, Grendel, Dr. Strange, V for Vendetta, and American Splendor. Every journey into new titles such as these will be held to the same strict standards as the Marvel Universe, but will function with complete autonomy from all other works.

5) Death means death. Post Revolution Marvel will not use the death of beloved characters as a shock tactic or as a means to bolster comic sales. Once a character is dead, they’re dead for good. No exceptions. Furthermore, if a character is killed, Marvel will be wary of replacing the character, but keeping the same powers/costume/etc (e.g. If Goliath dies or hangs up the suit, there will be no Goliath II).

6) No aliens of any kind will exist in Post Revolution Marvel. No Galactus, no Silver Surfer, no Shi’ar Empire, no Howard the Duck.

7) Marvel will never produce multiple collectible versions of the same issue. Titles should sell themselves, not gimmicks, and it is our belief that this sort of marketing will protect collectors and help promote solidarity within Marvel. If you read the issue, you can bet it was the exact same issue as everyone else read. No exceptions. All printings after the first will also be subtly marked with a recognizable insignia, which will denote the printing it came from.

8) No arc will be released until every issue of that arc is completely finished.

That’s probably enough for now. Thanks for reading,

Love,
Bullsear & Furthermore

Viva La Revolution

Oh yeah, and just think of how much your old comics will be worth. Did I hear someone say, "Dolla dolla bill ya'll?"
BAP!

I would impose the following rules on Marvel:

1: One hero, one ongoing book per universe. No exceptions.

Amazing Spider-Man: Written by Fiona Avery, (With Brian K Vaughn right after her), drawn by Frank Quitely

The storyline of Wolverine: Origins, if it's worth telling, is told in the main Wolverine book.

2: One hero team, one ongoing book per universe. No exceptions.

Uncanny X-Men: written by Joss Whedon, drawn by John Cassidy. Chris Claremont can edit, but he's gone from scripting.

3: Team-ups are for miniseries or Marvel Team-Up. No Exceptions.

4: No more than one (1) massive company wide tie-in miniseries every three years. House of M, EXtinction, AnnIhalation, and Civil War are four in less than two.

5: Bring back true serial storytelling. I want to see writers think about the direction of their run beyond their current storyline(s). I want to see a development happen in issue 205 and then see the payoff (and make it a good one) in issue 217. In other words, let's don't just write for the trade paperbacks.

6. I want regular meetings, at least twice a year. I want to make sure everyone is on the same page for the Marvel Universe, but nobody is stealing from someone else.

7: I want to see Marvel branch out from sueperheroes again. I want to see Marvel do horror comics without Blade or Man-Thing. I want to see Marvel do Western comics without Kang or Ghost Rider the biker again. I want to see Marvel snag the rights to major Science Fiction and Fantasy liturature properties again. I want to see Marvel try its hand with Romance comics again. (They can start by making Frank Cho a tender offer to move Liberty Meadows to Icon.) Most importantly, I would like to see Amazing Fantasy move to a longer format: ca.160 pages of panels, no more than 120 pages of ads, thick magazine bound (so no splashes please), Anthology content. Sort of an American answer to Shonen Jump, but in full color.

8: One last thing: Bucky dies and stays dead. End of story. Aunt May dies and stays dead. End of story. Jean Gray dies and stays dead. End of story. Everyone who dies stays dead. End of story.

Bullsear said:
So, Furthermore (who recently started posting on this board) and I have had some correspondence ever since we little clash on one of the other threads. We both wanted to post on this one, and here's what we’ve come up with.
This idea will undoubtedly be received with much anger and gnashing of teeth, but we feel it’s the only way to save the characters we love from themselves, from terrible writers (like Chuck Austen), and from fans. We propose a COMPLETE Revolution. In fact, that’s what we’ll call it!
What that means is that we will restart, re-launch, and reinvent the ENTIRE Marvel Universe, severing all ties from the past, and nullifying ALL current continuity. That means that in Post Revolution Marvel, no events of the Ultimate Universe, the 616 Universe, The End, Earth X, or any other Marvel continuity will have ever existed in any way. There is no multiverse. There is Marvel. There is the future. There is Revolution.
Now, what does that mean to us, the readers?

1) Post Revolution Marvel should launch with a total of 6 books. That’s right, just 6, with a different writer and illustrator on each series.

The Avengers
Daredevil
Fantastic Four
The Hulk
Spider-man
X-men

I agree, but heres my 6 books to start off with and why.

*Avengers: The foremost heroes of the MU and deal with the introduction of world conquer type villians.

*FF: They represent discovery in the MU.

*Spider-man: Represents the everyman and street level super heroes.

*X-men: The social polictical book.

*Dr.Strange: Sets the rules of magic in the MU characters like Ghost Rider first appear here.

*Hulk: Represents science in the MU and when it goes wrong.

These six books are the template from which Marvel U springs from.

At the beginning of each year, every one of the writers and illustrators will be called to a conference (called the Marvel Vision Conference) with the EIC and the Marvel creative team. Together, these writers and executives will design a unified vision for all of Marvel in the coming year. Each writer will be forced to use only the characters from their series; no crossovers will be allowed for at least 1 year after the Revolution. This will ensure that continuity will be clearly defined and streamlined. When there is a crossover, it will have to fit into the timeline of the entire universe. Crossovers will only be allowed if they fit into the “Vision” AND deepen the understanding of both the characters crossing over, and the book those characters cross into. If crossovers are dealt with in this manner, readers that truly care about the characters they love will be compelled to purchase the crossover books, in order to gain a deeper understanding of the character and their actions in the future.

2) Oh yeah, and no character that is a member of a team book will EVER be allowed to have there own ongoing series.
The Avengers will consist of Thor, Iron Man, Giant Man (Hank Pym), Wasp, Captain America, Hawkeye, and Black Widow. This is the original team, plus some old favorites and minus those who will be in solo Revolution titles, in accordance with the rules of the Vision.
The X-men will be led by Charles Xavier and will consist of Beast, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, Wolverine (to be added within the first year), and Storm. Again, this is the original team, plus much needed characters and a little bit of diversity. Other characters will be added later (e.g. Gambit).
The Fantastic Four will be . . . well, the Fantastic Four . . . no She-Hulk.

Miniseries will also be limited, but will be encouraged and held within the confines of a larger timeline and the greater continuity of the universe. These miniseries will contribute to the Vision and will affect the ongoing series of all characters involved.

I agree.

3) New characters and ongoing series will be added yearly, but only insomuch as they contribute to the Vision and deepen the understanding of all characters involved. The MVC will decide which characters to add, in which books, on what timeframe, and to what end. This will keep the writers and executives in check, as we realize that Marvel in its current state creates characters simply to sell more titles and first issues. They prey on the collectors, and that’s not cool. Readers also won’t have to worry about convoluted storylines, continuity, and ambitious writers messing up the characters that already have books.

4) Books outside the Vision will be published, but will not exist inside Marvel Universe continuity. For example, if a writer wants to take on a more esoteric, existential, or mystical work, that writer will be encouraged, but the characters from that work will NEVER interact with the characters of the Marvel Universe. In this way Marvel can continue to push the envelope of comic books, but won’t have to worry about conflicting views of religion, magic, mystical arts, aliens, or alternates universes. These sorts of works seek to do something different than the Vision, so they will be allowed to do it without the constrictions of the MVC, or the idea of having superheroes at all. Here we’re thinking about comics like Powers, Preacher, Grendel, Dr. Strange, V for Vendetta, and American Splendor. Every journey into new titles such as these will be held to the same strict standards as the Marvel Universe, but will function with complete autonomy from all other works.

5) Death means death. Post Revolution Marvel will not use the death of beloved characters as a shock tactic or as a means to bolster comic sales. Once a character is dead, they’re dead for good. No exceptions. Furthermore, if a character is killed, Marvel will be wary of replacing the character, but keeping the same powers/costume/etc (e.g. If Goliath dies or hangs up the suit, there will be no Goliath II).

6) No aliens of any kind will exist in Post Revolution Marvel. No Galactus, no Silver Surfer, no Shi’ar Empire, no Howard the Duck.
That's kind of stupid, you mean no Silversurfer no Thanos? I guess you really want Marvel to fail. It's better to maintain order and a limited use of cosmic characters then outright bann them.

7) Marvel will never produce multiple collectible versions of the same issue. Titles should sell themselves, not gimmicks, and it is our belief that this sort of marketing will protect collectors and help promote solidarity within Marvel. If you read the issue, you can bet it was the exact same issue as everyone else read. No exceptions. All printings after the first will also be subtly marked with a recognizable insignia, which will denote the printing it came from.

Ditto.

8) No arc will be released until every issue of that arc is completely finished.

I am so with you on this account!

That’s probably enough for now. Thanks for reading,

Love,
Bullsear & Furthermore

Viva La Revolution

Good stuff!:up:

Interesting, but it would ultimately end up destroying the comicbook industry.

^ You think so? If Marvel started from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"