• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Sci-Fi You Get A Prize, Honey - The 'Doctor Who' Thread

Wow that ending. There were seeds planted that I noticed like how come there weren’t any black people in the city and then that ending came and the “not one of us’ and “Voodoo” I was like yep that explains it.

Wow that ending. There were seeds planted that I noticed like how come there weren’t any black people in the city and then that ending came and the “not one of us’ and “Voodoo” I was like yep that explains it.
I didn't catch it initially, but you're right. Everything from...

Lindy refusing to speak to the Doctor at first and blocking him, to being shocked that the Doctor and Ruby were in the same room together.

Also, at one point, Lindy says something like, "He's not as stupid as he looks," or something like that.

Plus the Voodoo line you mentioned. I didn't catch it all at first, but I watched it again and it's so obvious now.

Im just really confused by how Doctor-lite this season has been. Esp considering how its essentially the "reboot" and future of the series.

Im just really confused by how Doctor-lite this season has been. Esp considering how its essentially the "reboot" and future of the series.

Gatwa still had to finish Sex Education. I suspect that should be the last of the Doctor lite episodes, but we will see.

The Dot was right.

Another Doctor lite episode. But damn, that little bit of Gatwa we got at the end, he really acted his heart out. And I am just in love with some of the variations of his main theme we are getting.
and this is kinda what I been wait for from him... his Doctor has been a little too nice/cheery
(felt a little to children's programming at times... like I was watching Reading Rainbow or something)

kept waiting for that moment where he got angry about something

a bit over the top, maybe... but, justifiably be soo

can't help but to think of how other Doctors would have reacted
(but ironic they wouldn't been in that exact situation... )

and this is kinda what I been wait for from him... his Doctor has been a little too nice/cheery
(felt a little to children's programming at times... like I was watching Reading Rainbow or something)

kept waiting for that moment where he got angry about something

a bit over the top, maybe... but, justifiably be soo

can't help but to think of how other Doctors would have reacted
(but ironic they wouldn't been in that exact situation... )

13 was hit with sexism quite a bit. Personally, I am a fan that 15 doesn't seem to be quite as quick to anger as a lot of other Doctors.

I didn’t have high hopes for this episode but how wrong I was. The last 3 episodes of this run have been amazing and made up for Space Babies.

That reveal at the end, and Lindy’s betrayal of Ricky September was such a shock factor, I couldn’t process what was happening. Justice for Ricky!!!

Every Doctor has their moment and this is definitely the 15th’s moment!!!

This ending shows not everyone can or needs saving. The irony is if he was any of the other Doctors they might of listened to him. But because of their racism they gave themselves a death sentence. I guess the Dot were right after all.

I didn’t have high hopes for this episode but how wrong I was. The last 3 episodes of this run have been amazing and made up for Space Babies.

That reveal at the end, and Lindy’s betrayal of Ricky September was such a shock factor, I couldn’t process what was happening. Justice for Ricky!!!

Every Doctor has their moment and this is definitely the 15th’s moment!!!

This ending shows not everyone can or needs saving....
its funny you mentioned Space Babies as my initial thought here was, this is where the Space babies were being sent (before the program got shut down) that being the twist of the story that it all came full Circle... they did say that got sent from up above to this planet once they reach a certain age (17-27) but, they were very child like (as if they had little to no development from, Baby - 17)
like from rapid growth generation

"I don't know how to walk without the bubble..." kinda stuff

that's why the Doctor was even checking out the planet in the first place to try to find out what happened to them

was obviously wrong... but...

I would still have been interested to see more from the Doctor's POV on how they got there, why they were there, what they thought was going on....

The irony is if he was any of the other Doctors they might of listened to him. But because of their racism they gave themselves a death sentence. I guess the Dot were right after all.

I could see 14 easily fitting in with this group an them truth her much faster (she might have even got caught up in all the camaraderie of it all at first... like - "look at all the new friends I'm making... I'm so popular") but, if she caught even a hint of them dismissing her companions, she's would have been like - "I say good for the Slugs"

The show has had a dramatic improvement in the Davies 2.0 era. The Space Babies episode was meh, but the rest of the episodes have been great. The show is just....more fun and entertaining again, and I feel like 15 and Ruby have more chemistry than any of the companions under 13 had with the Doctor or with each other. Glad that they've been able to start hot even with some Doctor-lite episodes tossed in so early. Good stuff :up:

Its fun seeing a flirty Doctor. And I do wonder how much offense the BBC took to it referring to Bridgerton, as opposed to the innumberable BBC period pieces.

Well, that reveal was just a great big "Who?".

I liked the little bit we got with Ruby and Rose. They seem like they would be fun friends. Looking forward to the next episode to get more answers.

tumblr_ottnmwoqTa1qzyoxwo2_500.gif

Me after wasting the past hour watching this finale.

To say that I am completely and utterly bored and disappointed by all of the mystery revelations this season....would be an understatement.

I thought it was a great season and the big reveal I think was great.
Like I said when TLJ came out and Rey was a nobody before that reason, I like that concept that characters don't have to be born into their status or part of some grand origin to be special. The idea that Ruby's origins being a mystery gave them more meaning was great. It was very clever and the ending was just....sweet. Best season of the show in quite some time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"