You go to war, you might not come home! She might not come home....

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by Cold2daToucH004, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Usually that happens when the studio edits the hell out of the film just before release.

2. Decay

Decay Registered

that's stupid...

3. KenK

KenK Registered

Yeah, scenes and lines are cut from movies all the time, but FOX has a history with comic book movies and cutting footage most would agree would have made the films better.

X-Men: every deleted scene we've seen shows moments of character development that could have only made the film better
    -An extended version of Logan talking to Scott after Jean read his mind. In true Cyclops fashion, he comments on Logan not taking the situation with Magneto seriously enough, and how important it is to believe in something and fight for it. Which Logan responds by asking Scott if he's ever seen real combat, and referring to him as "boy". This is why Scott emphasizes the word "boy" when he digs into Logan about a "boy" like him saving his life earlier in the film.

-Jean with Xavier in Cerebro. This scene would have been PERFECT given the evloution of Jean's story in the second and third films, as she pleads with Xavier to use Cerebro, and talking about how her powers are evolving, and Xavier warning her about losing control.

-Rogue asking Storm if Xavier can cure her.

-Xavier warning Jean about getting too close to Logan.

And I think we all know what happened with Daredevil. The cuts were so drastic it wasn't even the same movie when the Director's Cut was released.

4. JokerNick

JokerNick Registered

now that rogue is cured, logan's speach would be different

you might not come, she might not come, are you willing to risk that!

OMG...... that was bad

5. mike20

mike20 Registered

yea and if you loisten closely... you dont hear prof X say "of" when he says you have no idea what she is caple of. he says...........you ave no idea what she's capable..... you never hear the of

6. fallenAngel

fallenAngel Registered

Trailers and movies often have different scenes, especially action movies. Not everything works as well in context. A lot of those lines seem almost just for the trailers. But I agree it's annoying.

It's like when you get a cereal box and there is this awsome looking toy on the box but inside there's just some crummy plastic thing that's not even painted the same way.

7. KenK

KenK Registered

Could anything be more profound than this analogy? I THINK NOT!!:up:

8. mike20

mike20 Registered

why was it dusk when magneto moved the brirdge then all of a sudden it turns pitch black out, and if the exavier school is in upstate NY how the heck did the x-men get to san fransico so fast ?

9. Mr.Phunk

Mr.Phunk Registered

it wouldnt be because they have a supersonic jet;) no not at all

10. undomiel

undomiel Registered

I'm jumping in here, guys -- sorry. All I wanted to say was how much I missed these lines in the movie. It was so much more Wolverine than the little pep talk they had him give right before the mission. He was always worried about the kids either getting hurt or being in the way (like in X2), and that just seemed more in line with his character. I was bummed they changed it.

11. PoSeiDon

PoSeiDon Registered

I can honestly say that i wish that whole scene was left in the movies! Bobby wanted to go out there, in the trailer they made it seem like he and the others were READY to earn their X's. But it was edit out to make it seem like they, or at least Bobby had some reservations.

O well. cant have everything

12. LostSon88

LostSon88 Registered

Are extended DVDs of both X3 & FF confirmed or is it still just speculation?

13. mike20

mike20 Registered

me too i was waiting all movie for him to say that to the kids i meanit would have been an awesome scene, and they could have just added it in, and kept what the released as well. it all would have worked.

mo

14. jusblaze21

jusblaze21 Registered

I was actually kind of looking forward to this line. To bad it did'nt make it into the film because I thought it looked interesting and It was better than some of the other dialouge that came out of Wolverine's mouth IMO.

15. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

Wrong! Xavier says 'You have no idea of what she's capable'..which is correct grammar... Suits his character. Formal, educated.

Wolverine says 'what she's capable of' it with 'of' at the end, which is standard usage but, technically, incorrect.