The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've talked about it... Here it is people the lounge. TDKR discussion can take place in the general discussion but here we can talk about the stuff that matters.

Just read Batman: The Cult.

Did the Nolans ever disclose which Batman stories they borrowed from with TDKR? Because a lot of that movie's story beats mirror The Cult quite a bit.
It's a big inspiration even though they never confirmed it.

Boom posting in the TDKR forum? Holy 2012, Batman. I feel nostalgic :)

It would be a hell of a coincidence if Nolan had not gotten any inspiration from The Cult. TDKR even has the part from it where Cops bodies are hung by their necks off lamp posts for everyone to see.

Nolan got inspirations from comic books? News to me. According to the BVS forums, Nolan burns a comic book every time he sees one. Then Snyder uses his magic touch to convert the ashes back into the comic, in mint condition and everything. He then deposits it in his "true canon" that he hides every criticism under.

She is obviously joking. She even put in a :o , just so that it was clear.

I put that on wishing it happened. The film was going to have Lord own a Justice League-themed restaurant chain called Planet Krypton where he used nanobots in the burgers to turn people into killer robots to fight the Justice League.

Nolan got inspirations from comic books? News to me. According to the BVS forums, Nolan burns a comic book every time he sees one. Then Snyder uses his magic touch to convert the ashes back into the comic, in mint condition and everything. He then deposits it in his "true canon" that he hides every criticism under.

The BvS forums really outdid themselves the day someone claimed that Nolan didn't care about the comics. True foolishness right there.

Sounds better than final boss Doomsday.

I think that might be the thing I'm dreading the most. That climax is going to go on for ages, I'm sure.

:funny:

Little known fact, Nolan uses comic books as TP.

I put that on wishing it happened. The film was going to have Lord own a Justice League-themed restaurant chain called Planet Krypton where he used nanobots in the burgers to turn people into killer robots to fight the Justice League.

I know lol, that is what I meant, that you were joking about wanting it over TDKR. I assumed that Shauner thought you were serious about wanting that movie over TDKR. I was not doubting that such a crazy script existed.

They were still planning on making a movie with that script though. Unfortunately, it was destroyed in a horrendous accident and they were unable to recover it, so they decided to go with the lesser, back-up script the following year. That is how we ended up with MOS.

I know lol, that is what I meant, that you were joking about wanting it over TDKR. I assumed that Shauner thought you were serious about wanting that movie over TDKR. I was not doubting that such a crazy script existed.

They were still planning on making a movie with that script though. Unfortunately, it was destroyed in a horrendous accident and they were unable to recover it, so they decided to go with the lesser, back-up script the following year. That is how we ended up with MOS.

Oh, sorry, misinterpreted then. My mistake.

Toilet paper. I assume he still sips his tea while he's on the can though. :oldrazz:

Toilet paper. I assume he still sips his tea while he's on the can though. :oldrazz:
While laughing maniacally. "I have endeavored to spoil the man who self styles himself absurdly as a bat. These texts are repressive works of the labour party. No longer shall anyone undo the damage I have incurred. For Queen and country. **** off Snyder ya senseless wanker".

Heh it was a misunderstanding. I knew she was joking about wanting to see it happen. My comment about Rises was because BH/HHH said right before that he would rather see Mortal over Rises.

I can't believe that was in the JL script. Sooo dumb.

Heh it was a misunderstanding. I knew she was joking about wanting to see it happen. My comment about Rises was because BH/HHH said right before that he would rather see Mortal over Rises.

I can't believe that was in the JL script. Sooo dumb.

And if that's what I think. So what! End of the day even though I like Rises it disapointed me on a lot of levels.

And nothing in Rises was dumb was it? :whatever: sorry all hail Nolan!!!

I swear some people act like CBMs have to be these masterpieces in story telling that don't enter into comic book styled plots or moments.

Last edited:
It's fine! Think what you want! I can see how some scenes in Rises come off dumb, it's all good.

I just think the casting of Mortal was so bad that i would dread going to the cinema for such a thing.

Well, we were criticizing the "burger" scene as ill call it now. It's ridiculous no matter how you look at it. Even if the scene came off funny and enjoyable, it's still ridiculous. Can't think of anything in Rises that compares to that.

Fine Bros should do this:
"Directors React To Superhero Hype Forums posts."

:oldrazz:

It's fine! Think what you want! I can see how some scenes in Rises come off dumb, it's all good.

I just think the casting of Mortal was so bad that i would dread going to the cinema for such a thing.

Well, we were criticizing the "burger" scene as ill call it now. It's ridiculous no matter how you look at it. Even if the scene came off funny and enjoyable, it's still ridiculous. Can't think of anything in Rises that compares to that.

I agree the burger stuff is hokey but I've read the script and I really liked it. As for the casting I lie,d mist of it, Baruchel wss an odd choice but for all we know he might have nailed it. We'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"