The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man...imagine Bale in a JL film...that isn't directed by Zack Snyder.

I think Bale would've nailed the Flash, Aquaman and Gal Gadot's scenes. His comedic timing is impeccable.

Yup. Bale is most definitely underrated in terms of his funny moments as Bruce.

"I hear you talk to fish" would've sounded hilarious coming from Bale.

What struck me is how different this film looks aesthetically. No. This isn't a color joke. It looks like Snyder might be (I'm not sure) filming in digital for the first time in his career. And he is shooting in 1:85:1 aspect ratio. Same as the Avengers.

It's an attempt to get closer to Marvel's formula. Might work, might backfire.

Affleck can be very funny too. But Bale and Ezra would have been pure fire. What he says to Barry would have been more convincing, not as dull and funny. Ben is the stone faced, businessman acting like a stick, and then you have Ezra as the comedic relief with all the weird faces and jokes. It's all so black and white. With Bale the back and forth would have been much better.

They're making it out to be a Tony/Peter scenario without Barry looking up to Bruce like an idol. It's going to be too familiar to audiences when the film comes out (post-Spiderman: Homecoming on top of it). But Affleck is nowhere near as charismatic and loose as Downey and Ezra doesn't come off as funny as Spidey (those jokes were incredibly predictable - i mean, "You're in my second favorite chair!" is this Big Bang Theory? "Can i keep this?" cute. "I need friends" i get it, cuz you're nerdy and nerds don't have friends.) If you think about those lines, it's actually pretty lazy on the part of Terrio. Ezra might save the scene though.

Man...imagine Bale in a JL film...that isn't directed by Zack Snyder.
You mean Bale and George Miller? May as well get a different Superman while you're at it!

How bout dat Doctor Strange trailer though. It looks like Marvel might finally give us a visually breathtaking flick. Not just in the Marvel scale, but a beautiful looking movie period. It looks rad. My favorite trailer of SDCC.

Doctor Strange looks legit. My favorite SDCC trailer, alongside WW.

You can feel the lack of Ike Perlmutter. No more penny pinching.

The new trailer for DrStrange is lit. This looks just incredible; visual splendour, man.

How bout dat Doctor Strange trailer though. It looks like Marvel might finally give us a visually breathtaking flick. Not just in the Marvel scale, but a beautiful looking movie period. It looks rad. My favorite trailer of SDCC.
Haven't seen it. But i have no idea what it's about and i don't like the director. But it's definitely interesting.

K, i just watched it. Visually stunning. But i still don't get it lol. Reminds me of Inception.

That JL trailer was such a studio/Snyder attempt at making a more humorous film. Practically all the lines except the Aquaman one at the end felt really forced. Still not excited for the film.

Wonder Woman looks pretty good (for now).

That JL trailer was lit as hell. I love the new tone. lol

Yup. Bale is most definitely underrated in terms of his funny moments as Bruce.

"I hear you talk to fish" would've sounded hilarious coming from Bale.

It’s nice to see that from Batman instead of the always ultra gritty and humorless take that most like. I think the more enjoyable take is where Batman is willing to have a sense of humor and doesn’t take things too seriously.

K, i just watched it. Visually stunning. But i still don't get it lol. Reminds me of Inception.

Yeah, I can't get over the Inception thing. Also reminds me of Batman Begins...But I'm sure it's all superficial similiarties and the film will be it's own thing, I mean I don't know anything about Dr. Strange but I assume that they are simply being faithful to the source material.

I think perhaps I can agree about Bale giving a better delivery for the lines than Affleck did.
But I have no issue with Affleck in the trailer.

The worst thing about the JL trailer wasn't Affleck, it was the constant attempts at humor. Most of them were cringe worthy e.g. Flash: "Yeah I'll join your team. I need friends".

I found the trailer to be really uncomfortable. Bats and WW just came from this overly dark movie and now are appearing in some sort of forced comedic sequel. I realize its just the first trailer, but if the reasoning was to show us a more comedic Batman, they have missed the boat entirely. It seems i'm interested in everything BUT these Snyder made movies. Such a missed opportunity.
I think the Dr. Strange trailer was my favourite and then followed by WW. There was a rumour at one point that Pine would have played Lantern in the reboot. I think he would have done really well.

The worst thing about the JL trailer wasn't Affleck, it was the constant attempts at humor. Most of them were cringe worthy e.g. Flash: "Yeah I'll join your team. I need friends".
I agree, if they had written some good dialogue for Barry, they're could've been a better build up of chemistry between the two characters, I feel there was some chemistry in that scene but it was ruined by the, lack of a better work, sh**ty dialouge

It’s nice to see that from Batman instead of the always ultra gritty and humorless take that most like. I think the more enjoyable take is where Batman is willing to have a sense of humor and doesn’t take things too seriously.

I like when Batman is sardonic. It only makes him more badass.

How many films do people expect Affleck to appear in when all is said and done?

^ I'll go six-- BvS, SS, JL1+2+3 and a solo flick. Whether he does more than one solo I think would depend on how the first one goes and if he feels like he's got it in him after all that... From what little we've heard, and to his credit, he seems to be taking it very seriously and taking his time with it.

Although I haven't seen The Killing Joke movie yet, someone sent me this pic, which shows a great little homage to famous Joker stories, and the three live action Jokers;

20tkxvo.jpg

ledger.jpg

original.png

Batman18.jpg

What story is the one with Harley and what story is the one with LAFFCO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"