The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must ask, would anyone be up for another Batman movie directed by Nolan or should he leave it be? I was talking to a friend of mine last night about it.

I must ask, would anyone be up for another Batman movie directed by Nolan or should he leave it be? I was talking to a friend of mine last night about it.

The best possible Batman story Nolan could tell would be the period between TDK and TDKR. I know there is a possible story post-Rises; with Blake becoming Gotham's new protector, but that doesn't have nearly as much sizzle as what happened during the 8 year gap, IMO.

But with that said, Nolan will not be directing another Batman film.

^ Absolutely leave it be. He's already done his "Batman returns from a long absence" story, he's already given Bruce/Alfred/Selina/Gordon/Lucius ang Gotham a great sense of closure. Going back to that world would be a bad decision... From what I hear, something like a Jason Bourne situation.

^ Absolutely leave it be. He's already done his "Batman returns from a long absence" story, he's already given Bruce/Alfred/Selina/Gordon/Lucius ang Gotham a great sense of closure. Going back to that world would be a bad decision... From what I hear, something like a Jason Bourne situation.

Agreed.

We got three astounding Batman movies, and I am okay with leaving it a trilogy.

Nolan did the story he wanted, he wrapped it up as he wanted, there is no need for him to revisit the character as a director.

Nolan did the story he wanted, he wrapped it up as he wanted, there is no need for him to revisit the character as a director.

This, pretty much.

Speaking of Nolan, of course Nerdwriter1 has a video on the latter as well and of course The Prestige is his favourite Nolan movie. :awesome:

Me too. He is fantastic.

I'm another Craig Ferguson fan! :yay:

Careful, Icarus. :o

You guys been keeping up with his 'Join or Die' gig?

Last edited:
His piece on Children of Men is fantastic. As well as Heat.

Magneto has a son, he visits Darth Vader.

"I liked it a lot. I love Zack. He is probably the biggest fan of DC Comics. He has an incredible passion in a very specific way, a specific take on it. He’s a smart guy, and I think he heard everybody, he heard them loud and clear, and you grow and you evolve. I thought it was a stunning movie, absolutely stunning. I wish I could get some of those shots in the can. The guy’s an amazing visualist"

-David Ayer

Riiight.

the july/aug fan art contest is up and the theme is Gothamites!
any of Gotham's gamut of characters is welcome, from the comics, movies, shows, etc
here's a chance to have some fun and win some prizes.

the contest thread is here
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=516683

thanks for reading - CC

Snyder is style and no substance.

He is probably the biggest fan of DC Comics

Hahahaha

Where was that Snyder quote where he admitted he only read comics with sex and violence?

Or said Batman blew someone's head off in DKR.

Or said he'd like to make a prison picture with Bruce Wayne getting raped.

Or said Batman blew someone's head off in DKR.
And something about a group of comic book "dorks" that worked with Snyder pleading him to make Batman kill kgbeast.

I can smell the BS from all the way when the interview took place. No comic book dork would beg you to make Batman kill.

"Anytime Henry felt I was making Superman do something out of character, we had push-up contests, and whomever won, got the final say."

Yeah, Snyder definitely is a smart guy. :o

An interesting video about Watchmen:

[YT]5oltd-Jsi2I[/YT]

I was watching a commercial for Suicide Squad and saw a scene where Batman dives into the water after Harley and the Joker. I have no idea if its to save them or to catch them, but as I watched it I wondered why wouldn't THIS Batman just put a bullet in both of them. When you have a guy that has no qualms about killing low level thugs, you have to wonder why he'd hold off from doing in a top tiered villain.

What do you guys think of the ending of the story (the comic, I dunno if the movie keeps it the same)? Do you agree with [BLACKOUT]Morrison that Batman kills the Joker[/BLACKOUT]?

Did not care for the ending or much of the film. Adding more Batgirl was the right impulse, but making it a romance, especially when she is depicted as being in college at the time, is extra-creepy. It is also somehow more reductive than the original story in terms of its portrayal of women. Next, the animation is simply cheap looking. And then yes, finally, they squander the ending. At the very least, it should seem like Batman might have killed Joker. I think that is actually how the ending is supposed to be read since it is a one-shot. But at least keep the ambiguity and the rain. But they neither had the money to animate the rain nor the guts to go for that dark and ambiguous note about the hero.

Kind of squanders the whole thing.

[YT]38Cy_Qlh7VM#t=389[/YT]

This video totally nails my beef with Snyder and why his films feel so hollow.

Do not always agree with this guy (his critique with Interstellar is full of hyperbole), but he is one of the smartest movie "critics" (would thinkers be more apropos?) on YouTube. His videos are always excellent, and this one was right on the money, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"