The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If DC can get Mel Gibson, Joss Whedon, Matt Reeves, James Wan, Matthew Vaughn and maybe somebody on the level of George Miller for Justice League....Marvel might be the ones in trouble once their third and fourth Avengers movies are complete and Evans/Downey possibly walk.

If DC can get Mel Gibson, Joss Whedon, Matt Reeves, James Wan, Matthew Vaughn and maybe somebody on the level of George Miller for Justice League....Marvel might be the ones in trouble once their third and fourth Avengers movies are complete and Evans/Downey possibly walk.

Lets just get there first, if they can secure all those guys then I am hopeful.

Wow guys. I was listening to Batfleck's theme tune "Men are still good", and the horns of the melody sound like 'you don't understaaaaand' repeating over and over again. I can't unhear it now. Give it a listen.

[YT]ShTw1x2Lsrc[/YT]

Have you seen his channel? :hehe:

I sometimes watch his videos when I need a laugh and to remind myself how crazy fans can be.

Spider-Aziz said:
If you want more video feed of "Four words of cuss repeated over and over again, DCEU rules, MCU is crap, Nolan's Batman sucks......"
Go for it.

I am rather curious :hehe:

While I'm excited for Matt Reeves, I'm hoping they'll move away from the Frank Miller take. I don't just mean killing, but Batman's whole attitude in general. If he's still a cynical ******* and a total dick to everyone, it'll still take me out of the film. Nolan's take was a breath of fresh air in that regard.

Honestly, I think it's really fitting we got this take on Batman in what's now dubbed "The Anti-Establishment Year". Not only is there a parallel between those who warned of WB and Clinton's losses incoming (and were ridiculed for it), but Frank Miller's Batman is really the embodiment of The Establishment. An out-of-touch wealthy individual with a low opinion of humanity, a hardcore tough-on-crime attitude (for everyone else), a desire to empower himself, and whose entire vision is simplified to "get rid of crime" (as opposed to crime and corruption, which is what, IMO, the more layered versions of the character oppose). If James Bond is "the worst Western society has to offer", as John le Carre called him once, then Miller's Batman might just be the worst American society has to offer.

Last edited:
^ If Heath doesn't make it to the final it will be a travesty.

I'm watching the 2016 Magnificent Seven, and the moment with Jack Horn (Vincent D'onofrio's character) talking about "To be in the service of others, with men... that I respect" made me halt for a moment and think back to the Skwad's final fight with Diablo's; "I lost one family, I'm not about to lose another".

We all know how bad Diablo's line is in that context, after underdeveloped talks and interactions beforehand. The Magnificent Seven gave believable interaction between the main cast after they fully gathered, and that moment with that line makes sense in context.
One movie did what the other one tried to do, and failed to achieve.

IF could, would. The only ones who've officially signed on are Reeves and Whedon. And of them, only Whedon do I believe studio meddling will leave relatively alone.

Urm, guys, I hate to break this to you, but I was wrong. We were all wrong. BvS is indeed a masterpiece. Snyder is indeed a genius. A recent rewatch has unfolded its brilliance to me. I have a lot of apologizing to do.

It's...

Amazing

Poignant

Real

Incredible

Luxurious

First Class

Orgasmic

Orgasmic * 2

Lustful

Serene

Bursted out laughing when i read "first class".

Urm, guys, I hate to break this to you, but I was wrong. We were all wrong. BvS is indeed a masterpiece. Snyder is indeed a genius. A recent rewatch has unfolded its brilliance to me. I have a lot of apologizing to do.

It's...

Amazing

Poignant

Real

Incredible

Luxurious

First Class

Orgasmic

Orgasmic * 2

Lustful

Serene

It's the type of movie you light a cigarette after and cuddle up next to talk about your childhoods with.

It's...

Amazing

Poignant

Real

Incredible

Luxurious

First Class

Orgasmic

Orgasmic * 2

Lustful

Serene

Happy April Fools everybody!

tumblr_lpyug8qS711qjebobo1_500.gif

Happy April Fools everybody!
That celebration....
giphy.gif

These CW DCTVU shows are -as shauner111 aptly said- are embarrassing.

I've heard Arrow Season 5 has been a big improvement.
Since season 1 I couldn't get myself to sit through the show that started it all, and I actually like GA as a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"